KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Chesapeake Energy

Is this your company?

Chesapeake Energy

Add a Review

Chesapeake Energy Employee Reviews about "chesapeake"

Updated Nov 27, 2021

Found 33 of over 561 reviews

3.8
Chesapeake Energy President, Chief Executive Officer and Director Robert D. Lawler
Robert D. Lawler

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefit and work balance(in 102 reviews)
  • "Good pay even though the tough times that the oil and gas industry is currently having.(in 40 reviews)
  • "People are great and has many perks for OKC.(in 36 reviews)
  • "Great Campus and work environment.(in 34 reviews)
  • "Great 401K match(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Chesapeake Energy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "chesapeake"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

A great experience!!

Nov 27, 2021 - Local Truck Driver in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked on the oilfield and transport, contracted to haul off ground cuttings, manufactured mud, centrifuge etc.. The company men and the type of roughnecks they hire were all pretty amazing. Had a great time. A pro would be that they offer their employees heated and cooled restroom. Chesapeake never cut corners as far as I could tell. The old saying goes there, you're only as good as your employees are. good pay!

Cons

Long hours away from home. they run a 2 weeks on 2 weeks off schedule for their hands and thats a long time to be away. other than that no other cons.

2. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Driver

Dec 5, 2017 - Truck Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great company benefits awesome hr flexible hours. I would work there again but I moved back to east Texas

Cons

There were no cons at Chesapeake energy I have never worked for such an awesome company in my life meet allot if awesome ppl I'm still friends with

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

reservoir engineer

Dec 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chesapeake is a young energetic company with great facilities and a great upside. The people here are excellent and are easy to work with. Great benefits. Very little red tape.

Cons

Chesapeake energy has a lack of technical experience which can make working in a technical department frustrating as management doesn't always seem to understand scientific principles, or even pretend to care about them. Job titles and pay are completely out of whack, ie 10 year drilling engineer transfers to reservoir as a senior reservoir engineering advisor, is making huge dollars, but doesn't know what a decline curve is.

4. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Accounting Assistant II

Nov 10, 2016 - Accountant Assistant II in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your coworkers are your best resource. Very team oriented company. Your supervisors will likely have an open door policy, and will not hesitate to assist you if you have trouble doing or understanding something.

Cons

Chesapeake is on a hiring freeze, and will probably not hire anyone in the near future. There are some people who have been contract workers for a few years that still have not gotten a full-time offer.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Overall a good company to be employed

Jul 6, 2016 -  in Houston, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chesapeake Energy has an excellent benefits package for its employees.

Cons

HR tends to be more favorable towards Corporate management rather than the employee.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Accountant- CHK

May 19, 2016 - Accountant I in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

This company treats their employees very well. Pay, benefits, PTO, and tons of extra over the top perks. Beautiful Campus: Gym and restraraunts are amazing. People are very professional, and there is a laid back environment. They always feed you. It's amazing!

Cons

I have no problem with the company. If I have anything bad to say it would be that from stories of the Aubrey days, and even while I was there the company is wreckless with how they spend their money on a ton of unnecessary stuff. It's great when commodity prices are up, but I believe a more cost efficient approach should be implemented for when prices are down. I didn't care for the Accounting job from the start ( so boring) and I wanted to start looking for a new job after three weeks. That's a me problem not a Chesapeake or Accounting problem. Like I said the people are very professional and nice. However it doesn't take more than a couple minutes on campus to realize you are amongst the assembly of perfect people. Aka arrogant people that think their too good for lessor people.

3 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Former Employee

Corporate Accounting Intern - Great experience!

Apr 8, 2016 - Accounting Intern in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great leadership team. Those involved in my internship took a personal interest in my growth and regularly encouraged me in my work. - The pay is competitive as well. - Top notch benefits

Cons

The only problem with Chesapeake lies in the industry itself. Former leadership brought on a lot of debt; however, the new leadership seems to be taking the company into the right place.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0

Engineer

Dec 1, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chesapeake Energy has great benefits and compensation. The top level management is sound. The 401K matching is among the best. Nice campus, great fitness center. A lot of good employees.

Cons

The second tier and middle management is untrained and inexperienced. Poor communication of goals and objectives, poor communication overall. Poor leadership and oil price decline has resulted in low morale.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Marketing Search

Nov 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Business Outlook

Pros

Worked over 17 years at Chesapeake and always worked with quality, motivated employees.

Cons

Due to the size of the company its easy to get lost in the shuffle.

10. 5.0

Lease Operator

Oct 29, 2015 - Lease Operator II in Devine, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chesapeake takes safety first. Family oriented,

Cons

there are no down sides.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Reviews

Popular Careers with Chesapeake Energy Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Chesapeake Energy? Share Your Experiences

Chesapeake Energy Photos

+ Add Photo
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Chesapeake employees use industry-leading technology to unlock value in our world-class asset portfolio.
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Safety is our top priority – for both employees working in the field and at our corporate office
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Chesapeake’s 120-acre campus in Oklahoma City includes best-in-class technology resources, two stadium-seating theaters, restaurants and a fitness center.
Chesapeake Energy photo of: We remain focused on long-term growth and committed to protecting our people, the public and the environment.
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Chesapeake offers a variety of opportunities in drilling, completions, engineering, facilities, operations and reservoir.
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Chesapeake’s Reservoir Technology Center (RTC), the industry’s only in-house core-analysis lab
Chesapeake Energy photo of: Chesapeake Campus