Chevron Phillips Chemical Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 16, 2020

4.0
Chevron Phillips Chemical CEO Bruce Chinn
Bruce Chinn
Pros
  • "Diversity and Inclusion principles as well as Safety are very strong values, Flexible schedules (9/80), lots of career growth opportunities(in 32 reviews)

• "Good Benefits and Work-life Balance(in 25 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Work life balance depends totally on your supervisor(in 13 reviews)

• "Not every company is perfect but CPChem does a good job of coming close(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Excellent company

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, work/life balance, colleagues, team environment

Cons

Staffing is fairly thin throughout the company.

2. 4.0

CPChem

Jun 16, 2020 - Reliability Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive compensation Lots of potential for improvement

Cons

Old industry Good Ol' Boy System Not a lot of room for growth Work life balance depends totally on your supervisor

3. 4.0

Good place to work

Jun 16, 2019 - Lab Technician in Tulsa, OK
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits and Work-life Balance.

Cons

On the Non-exempt side, everyone advances along a time schedule, whether you're a great, average, or poor employee/worker.

Public Affairs

Thank you for your feedback. It is only by hearing from our employees that we learn, grow and improve.

4. 4.0

Great Place to Work

Mar 31, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great career opportunities for growth

Cons

work life balance could be improved

5. 3.0

Lab Sup

Aug 19, 2019 - Lab Sup
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Bonus, health insurance and 401k, Pension

Cons

Management , Culture and Work Life Balance

Public Affairs

Thank you for your review. It is only by hearing from our employees that we will learn, grow and improve.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great Company

Feb 19, 2019 - Process Operator
      Business Outlook

Pros

Safety is a priority. Good pay and decent benefits.

Cons

0 Work life balance for operators. Way too much overtime. Working almost every off day. Cannot advance unless you have a degree.

Public Affairs

Thank you for your feedback. We encourage you to reach out to your supervisor or local HR Business Partner to discuss work/life balance and address your concerns.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It’s nice to look forward to work on a Sunday night...

Mar 25, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

I’m a relatively new employee (been here a little over a year), and I’m really enjoying working at Chevron Phillips. My pay and benefits are very competitive with my friends/colleagues who work in my field at other companies. My job is interesting and stimulating, but I feel like I have adequate resources to do my job. I’ve worked at two other companies – one small company and one giant corporation – and the thing that stands out the most to me so far about Chevron Phillips is the family atmosphere (at least that I’ve noticed at my location). The company even has what they call a “fun committee” whose sole purpose is to plan fun activities for employees during work hours, like a tailgate party during football season and a barbeque lunch during Rodeo season. I truly feel like my need for a work-life balance is valued, and that’s something that’s really important to me. As for the culture of the company, what I’ve noticed so far is that there is indeed a strong safety culture.

Cons

I haven’t worked here long enough to have anything to complain about, but I’ve heard some employees say it would be nice to have more training.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company with a lot to offer!

Jun 10, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Baytown, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The growth of this company is outstanding. To get in at the bottom is a great experience. Very family oriented and work life balance is outstanding. Always felt included and respected. I have so many good things to say about this company but not enough time to type it.!

Cons

Just the typical cons most businesses are dealing with now. The influx of young talent and mass exit of the experience. The only problem i see if the requirements for joining this company... they should not be so narrow minded to think that just because you have a degree means your the perfect fit for the job. Experience should be considered and take presidence over a degree.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee

Baytown, Texas (Current Employee)

Apr 23, 2014 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

9/80 Work Schedule, every other Friday off (when not asked to work it), 401k & pension.

Cons

Excessive micromanagement. Little training offered for new employees due to coping with the pace of change. Lack of commitment to career growth to retain the talent the company has. Work life balance is given, but at the price of not advancing in your career. Working unnormal has become an expected normal. There is the sale of Diversity & Inclusion the sale of Career Ladder Growth & Opportunity, but there is no follow through on it.

5 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Expertise of Chevron and Phillips 66 with the feel of a much smaller company

Feb 27, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Chevron Phillips offers great compensation, good benefits, work life balance, and has a 401k matching program along with a pension program. In addition, there are benefits which the company inherits from Chevron and Phillips 66.

Cons

Geographic location of some sites leaves more to be desired. Performance Management still needs improvements regarding communicating employee's career path in company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews