KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Chewy Reviews

Updated Aug 11, 2022

Found 2,105 of over 2,210 reviews

3.4
Chewy CEO Sumit Singh (no image)
Sumit Singh

Featured Divisions of Chewy

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and very nice(in 161 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good and not expensive.(in 132 reviews)
  • "Great people to be around and they are open and willing to help when you ask.(in 126 reviews)
  • "Work from home is great(in 46 reviews)
  • "great culture and diversity(in 44 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Chewy and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. Chewy - Customer Service | Division of Chewy
    Featured Review

Oustanding Place to Work

Jun 29, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Hollywood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The managers and leads care about the employees. You are never made to feel like your opinion does not matter or that you are not important. Everyday we are made to feel appreciated and valued.

Cons

I have not found a con yet!

2. Chewy - Customer Service | Division of Chewy
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place

Aug 10, 2022 - Vet Diet Specialist in Hollywood, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, Pay is fair, Environment is open, paid maternity and paternity if been there for over a year.

Cons

UTO policy is a little aggressive if you tend to call out often

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good

Aug 8, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay was good and people were nice

Cons

Lots of favorites and it’s known

4. Chewy - Customer Service | Division of Chewy
    4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company fair pay!

Aug 8, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Richardson, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty set schedule but flexible as needed, pay is fair, people are great, great benefits.

Cons

Difficult to get weekends off as you are required to work at least one weekend day.

5. Chewy - Customer Service | Division of Chewy

Understanding and compassionate

Aug 3, 2022 - Customer Service Representative in Dallas, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is amazing and is very understanding and helpful.

Cons

They only give you a set amount of UTO and when it’s gone you can’t call in at all

6. 5.0

I love it!

Aug 2, 2022 - Merchandising Specialist in Dania, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and co-workers!

Cons

The only bad thing is the salary!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow

Aug 2, 2022 - Data Scientist 3
    Business Outlook

Pros

Innovative projects Scope of growth

Cons

Flexibility in working from other locations, even if there are offices available. Not a very big con though.

8. 5.0

Great Place to Work

Aug 1, 2022 - Fulfillment Specialist in Ocala, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent Benefits. No trouble getting time off. HR staff has rewards that many companies do not care about implementing. Allows staff to learn new equipment and remain agile.

Cons

It can be physically demanding work for the little pay you get.

9. Chewy - Customer Service | Division of Chewy
    2.0
    Current Employee

good for short term job

Aug 11, 2022 - Customer Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

discount on orders? Pay is fine as long as you aren't planning on making this your main career.

Cons

In short; - Unorganized - Your voice is not heard and problems regarding internal systems and the storefront are not fixed even after months of mentioning it - Communication from management does not exist. You learn quickly that the problems are not worth mentioning as they will not get fixed and there is no communication from supervisors regarding the progress of anything The beginning of working at this job was fun and I was passionate about it but it quickly lost its charm and I got burnt out. Chewy promises growth and I was frequently told I was doing everything right as far as stats (btw chewy only cares about stats and numbers) and I was on track for a new role but that never came. The job positions are never open and if they are it feels like no one gets a chance to interview for them.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Working at Chewy

Jul 27, 2022 - Warehouse Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, good work environment

Cons

Too many hires not working

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,105 Reviews

Chewy Reviews FAQs

Chewy has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 2,210 reviews left anonymously by employees. 61% of employees would recommend working at Chewy to a friend and 57% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Chewy employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Chewy. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

61% of Chewy employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chewy 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Chewy to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Chewy Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Chewy? Share Your Experiences

Chewy Careers

Cover image for Chewy

Our Promise Chewy has everything you need for your pet at amazing prices, every day. You can shop from over 1,000 of your favorite...More

• Head Office
  • Fulfillment
  • Our People
  • Customer Service

Company Updates

1 days ago

Company News
We were recognized by Adweek for providing the "Best Customer Experience" in the annual Commerce Awards. Further proof that Chewy's commitment to kindness and business strategy that prioritizes our paw-some customers is core to our growth! This recognition means the world to us since everything we do is to serve pet parents (and partners). Thank you to all our team members for constantly living our Customers First Operating Principle.
Shared image - 19 Brands and Retailers Enhancing the Customer Experience
19 Brands and Retailers Enhancing the Customer Experience
www.adweek.com

11 days ago

Community
We are honored to announce a monumental Chewy Gives Back milestone: over $100 Million in donations of food and supplies to rescue and shelter pets in need since our launch of Chewy Gives Back in 2012. This is an extraordinary achievement and the culmination of more than 10 years of dedication, hard work, and passion from every single Team Member across our organization. Creating a better world for pets in need is at the core of everything we do through Chewy Gives Back and every day we are so proud to be helping transform the lives of pets and pet parents everywhere.
Shared image

Chewy Photos

+ Add Photo
Chewy photo of: Welcome to Chewy!
Chewy photo of: If you have a question about any one of our products, our customer service team is sure to know the answer!
Chewy photo of: Testing the goods.
Chewy photo of: All of our employees are treated with respect - even the furry ones!
Chewy photo of: Ding! Ding! Ding!
Chewy photo of: Office pup.
Chewy photo of: Making magic at Chewy Studios!