Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Fair"

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of specialty areas to work, excellent variety of work to do. Variable scheduling.

Cons

Extreme horizontal management format. Director may forget you and your boss will never help you, only toe the party line. You will be underpaid and get an inadequate increase raise 14-16 months. Every third weekend sucks.

Advice to Management

Create a report structure. There are several areas that need a working supervisor.

2. "Food and Nutrition"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great lower echelon team mates. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Where to start; Management in Food and Nutrition is extremely lackluster. No continuity whatsoever. The good managers see the writing on the wall and search greener pastures rapidly. It's very rare to see management members step in to fill vacancies of missing team members unless it involves cooking food or working in the cafe where the money is made. If you come in on your off day, if the moon is full and the stars are aligned, you might get a verbal "thanks". The only people in this department that recieve any sort of recognition or have their boss back them up, are dieticians and call center operators. Too many cons to list but, the biggie shall be my last: Several times a year the sewage (yes human waste) backs up into the kitchen and cafe (where the public is served). The US Food Code states that all kithen operations are to cease until everything is sanitized and inspected by local health inspectors. Doesn't happen at CRMC. Why? Because it's all about the money. Cook's preparing your food while standing in human waste! Servers standing in human waste (in the cafe where all of you eat) WHILE SERVING YOU! Bet you wouldn't eat that food knowing those facts would you? Didn't think so.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking of yourselves! When's the last time one of you came to an employee and told them they are doing a good job and YOU cover the rest of their job for the shift letting them go home early instead of yourself? Never happened nor will it with the current director! Listen to us! We're not a bunch of idiots. We are doing the job. Not you. Don't complain to me because we are late with deliveries because YOU won't get us the tools required to meet the time criteria. The next time you leave early, tomorrow because, well, it is Friday, and the total.of two and a half days worth of work you accomplished this week is justification enough that you do the Friday fade, let us know. Stop by each area and see if any of us need anything. You cant do that though because you dont have the nerve to say that to the real workers do you? And every time someone has an issue or a suggestion, don't urinate on our backs and tell its raining by saying "I'll look into it brah." If you aren't going to solve the issue, don't lie to us. Tell us you don't care and that you're hoping we just forget about. At least you won't be lieing.

3. "Lab Phelbotomist review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

High pase, plenty of work to go around, love the patients, some good people to work with

Cons

No lunch most times, lack of someone being in charge.

Advice to Management

Have 4 Phelbotomist on the floors not just 3

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CRMC is very supportive & encourages the team mindset for their 2,000+ employees. It strives for excellence in the service it provides to all patients & their families.

Cons

If you are not clinical it doesn't seem to matter what education, experience you have. Your salary/hourly pay is much lower than the clinical staff you work with & comparable jobs outside of CRMC.

5. "Management has MAJOR issues"

Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Physical Therapist in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Um...descent salary. About 35 minutes from Fort Collins. Oh and frontiers days

Cons

Medicare Abuse, allows employees to work outside their scope of practice, management does and says what it needs to for job security, no one in town practically uses this hospital. One doc is known for giving patients infections fairly consistently

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your patients, employees and your own darn community

6. "Great hospital for patients, very poor hospital for non-senior employees"

Current Employee - Allied Health Technician in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Allied Health Technician in Cheyenne, WY

Pros

CRMC is very people focused, both in treating people as patients with illness or injury, and as treating people as customers and meeting or exceeding expectations. As the only public access hospital in the county, CRMC does not rest on its laurels, but is all the time trying to increase what it can offer to the city of Cheyenne and Laramie county. Many of the employees that work here are friendly people who enjoy taking care of others

Cons

Bottom Line Up Front: If you are not a physician, a senior nurse or senior administration, you aren't making the hospital big money and are therefore easily replaced.
     This attitude comes from many of the senior positions such as charge nurses, practice managers and department heads. It is *especially* prevalent towards allied health technicians, lower-level administrative personnel and nurses that don't have a specialty. Medical assistants, LPNs, receptionists, imaging and lab personnel often get this 'fact' thrown in their face directly or obliquely. Eventually, this dissatisfaction of not feeling valued by your department/floor/clinic ends up washing over onto patients, which is very sad, but very human.

Advice to Management

Upper management creates program after program, launches them afloat, and then simply just leaves. There is very little interaction with 'the man in the ring', which is where senior leaders would actually get fairly accurate advice as to how to *really* improve patient care and customer service. But when your new CEO doesn't even *live* in the area, this is not a surprise. The upper management is significantly out of touch with the non-physician people who actually have face-to-face contact and care with our patients - and this is a significant problem.

7. "Cheyenne Regional Medical Center is a very nice place to work."

Former Employee - Medical Imaging Transporter in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Medical Imaging Transporter in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ability to learn and grow with the company was a nice way to keep the job interesting. The management were very supportive of students and very flexible with their needs.

Cons

I did not feel that human resources was very interested in the people that worked for the company.

Advice to Management

The upper management were not very accessible and were at times distant with the employees. It felt awkward to be around them which is not good for morale. The director of the department where I worked was wonderful and my supervisors were great. Some of the radiology technicians were mean to students which I think management should be aware of, bullying is wrong, especially to adults in the workplace.

8. "One of the better hospitals to work for in Wyoming"

Former Employee - Rpiratory Therapist in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Rpiratory Therapist in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They treat their employees well here and offer fair benefits. They keep their staff so you will be working with the best here. Many employees have been here 20+ years so there is excellent patient care. They are a regional hospital so all types of patients and illnesses come here leading to a fun and challenging environment.

Cons

This hospital has been doing through lots of financial change and stress due to the new health care act. The health insurance is not competitive with like facilities in the surrounding area.

Advice to Management

Improve your benefits package to retain employees.

9. "Fantastic potential, poor utilization."

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

(That I've worked with) Some very good people dedicated to patient care. Some very good unsung heroes that provide other patient services and/or organizational services. (Telecom, Charity Care PFS, Security, EVS just to name a few)

Cons

Constant change without apparent direction. Ever new and revolving duties. Lack of support. Mis utilization of staff and waisting human talent. Department Management qualified "on paper" lacking skills, communication ,foresight and insight.

Advice to Management

Your front line staff (clinical AND non clinical) are your best source for identifying day to day operations problems and solutions. But do not make the mistake of expecting them to come to you. They are too busy, too stressed, and too fearful.

"Good way to get feet wet in the Hospital environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cheyenne, WY

I have been working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Department management, helpful co-workers, flexible scheduling

Cons

Unstable upper management, small pay raises, grumpy nurses