Cheyenne Regional Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Patrick Madigan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to grow as an employee!"

Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant
    Current Employee - Certified Nursing Assistant

I have been working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

My specific department morale is high and I really enjoy coming to work because it's like my 2nd family.

Cons

Insurance could better throughout the entire country.

2. "Working at CRMC"

Current Employee - Physician Assistant
    Current Employee - Physician Assistant

I have been working at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Real feeling of community, fabulous patient population

Cons

Management frequently changes and have had issues with proper management for years

3. "the worst"

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there were no pros to working here

Cons

This place is lucky is is not shut down for fraud. Systems and Doctors are out of date. There is no accountability.

4. "Great place to work!"

Pros

Pay was great for just an entry-level job, my co-workers were all supportive and encouraging in the learning process. Supervisor and manager worked hands-on to help when I first started. Over all a great place to work!

Cons

Benefits are a little pricey and hard to deal with. Other than that, not much to con about!

5. "Bullying"

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Gained valuable training to advance my career elsewhere,

Cons

Bullying pockets of personnel are condoned, and promoted by HR and Management. Management using TrueConnect values to mistreat employees, while not even following the values themselves. They get rid of the bullied employees by employees leaving or being fired to solve their problems. But the problem continues on after the mistreated employee has left.

Continued decrease of employee benefits.

Patients and employees go elsewhere. Employee bad attitudes are rampant at CRMC causing poor patient care.

Advice to Management

Get rid of personnel guilty of bullying.

6. "Not good"

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits and pay were ok

Cons

No resources or support

7. "Fair"

Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Cheyenne, WY
    Former Employee - Clinical Pharmacist in Cheyenne, WY

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of specialty areas to work, excellent variety of work to do. Variable scheduling.

Cons

Extreme horizontal management format. Director may forget you and your boss will never help you, only toe the party line. You will be underpaid and get an inadequate increase raise 14-16 months. Every third weekend sucks.

Advice to Management

Create a report structure. There are several areas that need a working supervisor.

8. "Hospitalist"

Pros

Staff treats you like family. Patients are super appreciative. Administration is involved, thoughtful, and seems to really care.

Cons

really none unless I nit pick.

"Food and Nutrition"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cheyenne, WY
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Cheyenne, WY

Pros

Great lower echelon team mates. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Where to start; Management in Food and Nutrition is extremely lackluster. No continuity whatsoever. The good managers see the writing on the wall and search greener pastures rapidly. It's very rare to see management members step in to fill vacancies of missing team members unless it involves cooking food or working in the cafe where the money is made. If you come in on your off day, if the moon is full and the stars are aligned, you might get a verbal "thanks". The only people in this department that recieve any sort of recognition or have their boss back them up, are dieticians and call center operators. Too many cons to list but, the biggie shall be my last: Several times a year the sewage (yes human waste) backs up into the kitchen and cafe (where the public is served). The US Food Code states that all kithen operations are to cease until everything is sanitized and inspected by local health inspectors. Doesn't happen at CRMC. Why? Because it's all about the money. Cook's preparing your food while standing in human waste! Servers standing in human waste (in the cafe where all of you eat) WHILE SERVING YOU! Bet you wouldn't eat that food knowing those facts would you? Didn't think so.

Advice to Management

Stop thinking of yourselves! When's the last time one of you came to an employee and told them they are doing a good job and YOU cover the rest of their job for the shift letting them go home early instead of yourself? Never happened nor will it with the current director! Listen to us! We're not a bunch of idiots. We are doing the job. Not you. Don't complain to me because we are late with deliveries because YOU won't get us the tools required to meet the time criteria. The next time you leave early, tomorrow because, well, it is Friday, and the total.of two and a half days worth of work you accomplished this week is justification enough that you do the Friday fade, let us know. Stop by each area and see if any of us need anything. You cant do that though because you dont have the nerve to say that to the real workers do you? And every time someone has an issue or a suggestion, don't urinate on our backs and tell its raining by saying "I'll look into it brah." If you aren't going to solve the issue, don't lie to us. Tell us you don't care and that you're hoping we just forget about. At least you won't be lieing.

10. "Stay Away"

Former Employee - Senior Vice President
    Former Employee - Senior Vice President

I worked at Cheyenne Regional Medical Center full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay and benefits, if you have the old retirement program.

Cons

Everything else, too many cons to list.

Advice to Management

Sell to a system.