Chicago-23 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Cody Staton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting and Rewarding"

Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was very transparent and willing to help train employees that were struggling. The office was easy to get to without a car and in Chicago, that's a big plus. No two days were ever the same and I was constantly motivated by senior management to put in my best efforts. I no longer work here but the friendships I made while there still survive and management still reaches out to help me with new endeavors that I seek.

Cons

This is a job where elbow grease directly impacts your paycheck. If you are an employee that wants to clock in and turn on autopilot, you won't make it. The slackers get left behind which sounds until you realize that's you!

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

great people to work with overall

Cons

only commission based company makes you believe you'll make more than you do

Advice to Management

n/a

"Great Experience Working With a Fun Company"

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

-Down-to-earth, fun colleagues
    -Uncapped compensation structure lets me earn significantly more than similar capped roles I've had in the past
    -Management is very accessible to answer questions and do in-depth training

Cons

-It is sales and not everyone is good at sales

Advice to Management

I appreciate the effort you make to meet with your executives on a consistent basis. Please never change this!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least they make you FEEL like you're onto something - like sales here will really boost your career. The truth is another story...

Cons

Unprofessional, super disorganized. I was with a few other new hires and they didn't know if they were full time, interns, or what - I was brought on as a full-time and was called an intern. The entire business changed to focus exclusively on retail sales (unbeknownst to me), and the office location changed without anyone telling me. I've literally never showed up for work to see the place abandoned...

Advice to Management

Get it together. Do right by your employees and quit treating people like cattle.

"Excellent Company"

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

Unlimited income potential, Effort based pay.

Cons

Long hours, a ton of commitment. It's hard to succeed without investing a lot of your effort and time into the business.

Advice to Management

Honestly it was a great opportunity, it just did not work out. I'm very happy I received this opportunity and gained such valuable experience.

"Great Company, Great People, Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 months and its been such a great experience. I was working in the medical field before I started working here. There wasn't any room for advancement with that company, at Chicago - 23 promotions are based on performance and work ethic. I love that there's equal opportunity. I had no sales and marketing experience, however they have extensive training all positions of the company. I'm glad they do a second interview job shadow to set the expectations of the position. Whenever I asked or ask questions now, they always have a great response to help coach me through everything. Lots of encouraging people working here.

Cons

Must have tough skin and ready to work. Nothing in life is easy if its worth it. Must be dedicated and committed to the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and scheduling one on ones with the team. Its very beneficial to pick the managers brain on things they have already been through. I learn a lot of things personally and professionally. Thanks for the opportunity!!

"Professional Management and Executive Team"

Current Employee - Lead Executive in North Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Executive in North Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

I enjoy coming to work everyday! It's like a 2nd family, everyone is very warm and welcoming and want to help you succeed. Its a very professional work environment where the whole team is involved including the managers to help with individual growth. Since being there, I have developed a ton of leadership skills and confidence.

Cons

It takes hard work and effort. It's not a role for the lazy.

Advice to Management

The management team is very hands on. They aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and help with training or interviewing or any role in the company. Keep it up!

"Nice People"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely friendly. From the moment I walked into the office for my interview, everyone was so unbelievably nice and made me feel like I was wanted and needed there. Great campaign, good pay and lots of opportunity for continued education and development.

Cons

The interview was a bit challenging for me at first. I was not as prepared as I should have been but it was a good experience.

Advice to Management

Keep making everyone feel as welcome as you did me.

"Why I Do What I Do"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

I come from a background where sports and competition are innate. As a college athlete from a highly accredited university, I understood that no matter how much talent someone has, hard work always sets apart the good from the great. At Chicago 23, hard-work and an awesome attitude accelerate growth more than seniority, experience, etc. I started working at Chicago 23 because I was looking to get sales experience. I was always told that no matter what industry I chose as my career path that the ability to sell yourself, product, or service is the threshold to being successful in business. Although I graduated with a Bachelors in Business, I've always had a kinesthetic learning style, so the fact that Chicago 23 provides me with hands on training allows me to reach my full potential day in and day out. One of my favorite aspects of working here is the team environment. From management to entry level, there is no 'job' that everyone else hasn't done or not willing to do everyday. Personally, I've had a lot of experience where the management team has ordered their employees to do everything they aren't willing to do. Every manager here, has started out entry level just like everyone else and the only thing that put them in the position they are in today, is a killer work ethic and eagarness to be great. Overall, if you are someone who is looking for an environment where you will be challenged and pushed to be great; whether it's sales or advancement into a management role, this is hands down the most I've learned despite any sort of experience in school, sports, etc.

Cons

If you take rejection personal, sales is not the field for you. In all honesty I've read the critical reviews of our company and I had to write this to let people know that like anything, this absolutely is not for everyone. Many of those reviews are written by executives that just didn't have the intangible qualities (work ethic, student mentality, communication skills) that are required for someone to be successful not just in our firm but really anything-work related or not. Nobody likes being around people who are constantly negative or criticizing others or organizations that didn't work out for them. Despite the negativity, I think it would be very difficult for anyone that works with us or previously has to say they never learned anything while working here. Everybody has a 'story' but if you're lucky enough to be offered a position with our firm, don't allow others opinions to sway your own.

Advice to Management

Keep doin you- Haters goin to hate

"Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Super fun place to work!! Everybody there is willing to help you be the best you can be.

Cons

Extensive travel. No gas reimbursement