Chicago-23 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.1
Cody Staton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Exciting and Rewarding"

Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Lead Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management was very transparent and willing to help train employees that were struggling. The office was easy to get to without a car and in Chicago, that's a big plus. No two days were ever the same and I was constantly motivated by senior management to put in my best efforts. I no longer work here but the friendships I made while there still survive and management still reaches out to help me with new endeavors that I seek.

Cons

This is a job where elbow grease directly impacts your paycheck. If you are an employee that wants to clock in and turn on autopilot, you won't make it. The slackers get left behind which sounds until you realize that's you!

"sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

Pros

great people to work with overall

Cons

only commission based company makes you believe you'll make more than you do

Advice to Management

n/a

"Great Experience Working With a Fun Company"

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

-Down-to-earth, fun colleagues
    -Uncapped compensation structure lets me earn significantly more than similar capped roles I've had in the past
    -Management is very accessible to answer questions and do in-depth training

Cons

-It is sales and not everyone is good at sales

Advice to Management

I appreciate the effort you make to meet with your executives on a consistent basis. Please never change this!

"Don't waste your time"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At least they make you FEEL like you're onto something - like sales here will really boost your career. The truth is another story...

Cons

Unprofessional, super disorganized. I was with a few other new hires and they didn't know if they were full time, interns, or what - I was brought on as a full-time and was called an intern. The entire business changed to focus exclusively on retail sales (unbeknownst to me), and the office location changed without anyone telling me. I've literally never showed up for work to see the place abandoned...

Advice to Management

Get it together. Do right by your employees and quit treating people like cattle.

"Excellent Company"

I worked at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

Unlimited income potential, Effort based pay.

Cons

Long hours, a ton of commitment. It's hard to succeed without investing a lot of your effort and time into the business.

Advice to Management

Honestly it was a great opportunity, it just did not work out. I'm very happy I received this opportunity and gained such valuable experience.

"Great Company, Great People, Great Opportunity"

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

I have been with the company for 5 months and its been such a great experience. I was working in the medical field before I started working here. There wasn't any room for advancement with that company, at Chicago - 23 promotions are based on performance and work ethic. I love that there's equal opportunity. I had no sales and marketing experience, however they have extensive training all positions of the company. I'm glad they do a second interview job shadow to set the expectations of the position. Whenever I asked or ask questions now, they always have a great response to help coach me through everything. Lots of encouraging people working here.

Cons

Must have tough skin and ready to work. Nothing in life is easy if its worth it. Must be dedicated and committed to the opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and scheduling one on ones with the team. Its very beneficial to pick the managers brain on things they have already been through. I learn a lot of things personally and professionally. Thanks for the opportunity!!

"Nice People"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is extremely friendly. From the moment I walked into the office for my interview, everyone was so unbelievably nice and made me feel like I was wanted and needed there. Great campaign, good pay and lots of opportunity for continued education and development.

Cons

The interview was a bit challenging for me at first. I was not as prepared as I should have been but it was a good experience.

Advice to Management

Keep making everyone feel as welcome as you did me.

"Fun Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Executive
    Current Employee - Account Executive

Pros

Super fun place to work!! Everybody there is willing to help you be the best you can be.

Cons

Extensive travel. No gas reimbursement

"Marketing"

I have been working at Chicago-23 full-time

Pros

Mike San. is my ideal mentor- hustling, focused, and grinding all day long. He puts his heart into what he does and you can see how personable he is with his charm and connection.

Mike Stat.- is the same way. I can see why these gentlemen do so well, it is natural to them and their passion makes me strive to be like or better than them.

The whole office is genuine and welcoming. A pure breath of fresh are in Illinois.

Cons

I wish the starting and ending day didn't happen in the office if I had a suburbs or close to home territory.

Advice to Management

Doing a great job, love the puppy!

"Hard work really pays off!"

Pros

Hard work pays off. You really get what you give! Freedom in the workforce and a great company culture. Cody is a real go-getter and very helpful whenever you need him.

Cons

Sometimes it's more hours than you'd like, but honestly it's worth every second. Going out there and proving what you're worth is more rewarding than being told what you're worth.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open, and the future is very bright. Happy to have been part of the system!