Chicago Marketing Assistant Manager Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2020

5.0
Chicago Marketing CEO Joe Pavone Jr.
Joe Pavone Jr.
0 Rating

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great opportunity

Sep 17, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful place to work at. I really enjoyed my time here. Upbeat atmosphere, great mentors, accelerated growth, been with the company for 7 months now and excited to say I will be expanding the business to my home town in Louisiana!

Cons

You have to work hard to make it but its worth the outcome just like anything life!

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Congratulations on your promotion! We are so happy to be apart of your journey and that we were able to watch you grow and help expand this business. It looks like your hard work really did pay off. We can't wait to see what's in store for you!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Management and Culture

Sep 10, 2020 - Assistant Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ive been with Chicago Marketing for the past 8 months and have been promoted to assistant manager. Ive learned so much within these past 8 months and Im very grateful to have such a supportive team environment. Management has been extremely helpful with my training, to make sure Im set up for success. I previously worked in the restaurant industry and was initially nervous about transitioning to direct marketing. Due to the training being very structured, it made my transition to direct marketing easy and enjoyable. Strongly recommend for anyone looking for growth and stability within a company.

Cons

Requires weekends and you need to put in the work in order to grow.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Congratulations on the promotion! We love to see our employees reach their goals, especially in such short periods of time. It goes to show our training is effective and people are seeing the results they are looking for. We are. so happy you found growth and stability with us, even if that requires working weekends. It's all about short term loss for long term gain!

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Platform for Success

Jul 2, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Schaumburg, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chicago Marketing is one of the best in the nation when it comes down to results. The clients are always happy. Having Chicago Marketing as my platform has already opened several doors for me because of their track record - it puts me in a high position for credibility and professionalism. I owe a lot to the team and management of CMI, it was a great run and I am excited to see what the future holds for everyone that is a part of the team :)

Cons

It is a lot of work - it is not a 9-5 kind of job if you want to see the kind of success that I did. For many, it is, but it is just a job in that sense and that is not what the business was built for. If you are looking for something that satisfies your need for growth and challenges - then this is the place to be. Get ready to level up!

4 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

We appreciate your feedback and positive review, here. Thank you for taking the time to highlight the track record of our team and targets. We appreciate you

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's a great company really

Jan 6, 2019 - Assistant Manager in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

We have had a few new clients come into the system over the past few weeks which brought on a few new brand ambassadors. We had a few really busy weeks with tight deadlines and I was so impressed with the team. Everyone took on more responsibilities and just made it happen. It was a machine!

Cons

When there is a time crunch it is all hands on deck. Everyone is needed and the hours and pressure can be intense.

6 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Hi there and thank you for your review. We have had a few growing pains the last few months, which is a good problem to have indeed! We are grateful for our team being as talented and resourceful as they are because we are still able to provide the best results for our clients and continue to offer more opportunity for our team with every project we take on. Thank you for being a part of our CMI family!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Brand Assistant

Feb 19, 2019 - Assistant Brand Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with the team as an assistant for a few months now and have built a decent size book of business thus far. Big clients. Cool environment. Good pay

Cons

It’s a lot. A lot to learn. A lot of work. It’s a hustle and grind vibe but i like it

5 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Thank you for the feedback - we know that we have a large work load at times when deadlines get moved up and we always appreciate the hard work our team puts in.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

As Advertised - Fun & Honest Company

Jun 12, 2017 - Assistant Sales Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything was transparent which was a breath of fresh air. Being a recent transplant I had gone on countless interviews and they all seemed the same. But when I met with the management staff here I knew right away Chicago Marketing was not a company to be grouped with the rest. The pay in the ad is the pay discussed. The hours in the job ad was the schedule we spoke about. The role was exactly what I was looking for and what was advertised. They quized me on what I applied to and made sure I did my research which shows they care about the right fit.

Cons

The interview process was long and several step which I've never experienced. But it was nice meeting everyone and seeing how the office functioned. You could tell it was a real family there.

11 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Thank you so much for the amazing review, we are so happy to hear about your great experience here. We really strive to have open communication and the management staff is always transparent. We are always looking to improve and have tried making our interview process shorter. We appreciate you doing your research and being prepared for your interview as a lot of candidates we meet are sometimes unprepared. We appreciate and respect people who are prepared and on top of things. Always awesome qualities to have and something we look for. LOOKING FORWARD TO A BIG 2018!

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Marketing assistant

Aug 12, 2016 - Assistant Marketing Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are no pros other than minimum wage salary. False sense of an opportunity! Always about the big picture or opportunity which realistically isn't for everyone.

Cons

A ton of turnover, both in office and in the field. No real marketing for this position--just a sales position. The woman on the phone and ceo lied about salary, pto, and health benefits. Run away from here.

21 people found this review helpful

Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We offer different compensation plans to employees based on credentials and prior employment. So if you were at minimum wage it was possibly due to entry level employment which we offer employees a chance to enhance their skills and grow within the company to get them to the responsibility and compensation they are looking to achieve. All employees are offered benefit reimbursement after a probationary period. We have never lied about any positions or compensation. We're sorry you did not make it through your probationary period in order to have an evaluation to receive benefits and discuss a raise. We wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews