Chicago Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jacob Cline

Pros
  • Equal opportunity at Chicago Marketing really does mean following a personalized and well coached plan by a very engaged staff (in 15 reviews)

• And I have a base salary that can allow my to provide for my family as well as benefits (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • None - It's hard work but things that are good in life are always going to come with challenges (in 3 reviews)

• Hours are pretty long but what serious job isn't going to make you work long hours (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Incredible opportunity with very clear and simple plan"

Former Employee - Head of Operations in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Head of Operations in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time

Pros

From the moment you walk in through the front door as an employee, your journey to management begins. Equal opportunity at Chicago Marketing really does mean following a personalized and well coached plan by a very engaged staff. Your growth is monitored and addressed to ensure that you stay the course according to your own pace while earning a comparatively decent wage. The icing on the cake? It is the most fun environment to work in. Of course that expression may seem cliché but work hard, play hard is an unwritten rule here. Thankfully and eventually (yet almost regrettably) your growth and promotions would lead to the inevitability of running your own show should you deserve it.

Cons

Unfortunately not everyone who gets initially hired is serious about their life enough to develop the tenacity to stay the course to the future the envisioned for themselves as they claim. Discipline is required and promotions are strictly on merit, not longevity.

Apr 26, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Hi, Thank you so much for the review, we always love reading about our employees experiences. I do agree that we offer a very clear and simple plan that not everyone is able to understand. We do ... More

"Gaining new skills and enjoying who you work with."

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people who work here hands down. Some of the most professional honest people I've ever met. I think it's crazy anyone has anything negative to say when they are completely transparent. The work environment is fun, the culture is great, the office is hands down the nicest I've ever seen I couldn't wait to be apart of this company from the moment I walked in.

Cons

Not every job is perfect there will always be cons. Number one I can't have a flexible schedule until I've completed my training. Insurance isn't offered until after the probationary period but they did say I could keep my current plan. I'm limited to less responsibility since I'm new but if I prove myself I can pick up more. Also the negative things written on here saying reviews aren't real. I can tell you I'm a real person I've been here for a few months already. And I think that this family has quickly become like family. So yes I think people stand up for the people or things they care about and a lot of what's written here doesn't make any sense.

Advice to Management

I would like more individual meetings with upper level management and the administrative staff. Also I would like to learn more about behind the scenes for the clients we work with.

"As Advertised - Fun & Honest Company"

Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everything was transparent which was a breath of fresh air. Being a recent transplant I had gone on countless interviews and they all seemed the same. But when I met with the management staff here I knew right away Chicago Marketing was not a company to be grouped with the rest. The pay in the ad is the pay discussed. The hours in the job ad was the schedule we spoke about. The role was exactly what I was looking for and what was advertised. They quized me on what I applied to and made sure I did my research which shows they care about the right fit.

Cons

The interview process was long and several step which I've never experienced. But it was nice meeting everyone and seeing how the office functioned. You could tell it was a real family there.

Advice to Management

Continue the business practices you have in place.

"Good company to build transferable skills"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Started entry level they trained me on everything which was great since all of my experience was just in retail management. I liked the fast paced environment. The people. I enjoyed management. Working in teams. Working with innovative products and services.

Cons

Days are normal 8 to 9 hour days. There wasn't room for over time unless you had approval. I'm a worker so I like working 60 plus hours a week like you do in retail.

Advice to Management

Allow over time to those who want it or earn it. Or maybe even offer extra shifts here and there. Also I would of liked an option to start earlier.

"Straight out of College - Exactly what I was looking for."

Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Marketing Intern in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, this company is every thing it said it was going to be on the phone. IF you should be honored to get a call from this company make sure you are asking the right questions. After graduation and prepping for interviews the last few weeks I knew exactly the questions I needed to ask just make sure this was something I was looking for. This is a Marketing position with opportunity to travel the country, and grow with a company that you can trust and hold faith in your future.

Cons

I have been working here for about 2 months know, everyone is very helpful and I am about to attend a huge conference in the Chicago area to meet other managers in our business !

Advice to Management

The freedom I am given to grow and succeed on my own merit is guided with the personal assistant of the VP , When was the last time you even had a conversation with your manager let alone the VP?

"Entrepreneur Lifestyle"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with like minded entrepreneurial individuals that understand how to truly develop entry level employees like myself. Hands on training and mentoring from day one was all I could ask for as a recent college graduate, new to the "real world" The open door policy that allows you to work with their management team has been an unreal opportunity, working with Fortune 100 clients is awesome …

Cons

I am currently working less hours than I'm accustomed to, but am making more than I have at previous positions.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for success you guys have created a great business! It has been a pleasure working here.

"Review"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oak Brook, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management staff! Strong company mission statement, and growth plans since being there the last week I have already seen 3 people successfully get promoted into management where they will be helping expand the company, territory, and helping our client list continue to grow. I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT HERE! I am so excited and so motivated to be here, and I really love my work family.

Cons

The company is a lot bigger than from when I was there in 2014 but it is so cool to see how far it has come and let alone to be able to possibly be working out of such a beautiful space. The training was a lot different when I was there but I met the administration staff who really works hard and hands on with the staff. Ramena made sure all of my questions were answered and Sophia made sure to walk me through what training would look like it felt well structured and like they were really setting me up for success within my new role.

Advice to Management

I actually ran into the CEO the other day at the airport, we talked while waiting for our flights and I just heard a bit about what was happening now and decided to go back in and interview for a full time position which I accepted. Thanks for not allowing me to burn any bridges I know I had to leave due to an emergency but thank you for the 2nd chance.

"I love the family atmosphere"

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've have the fortune to work with such a great team since February! The growth I have experienced myself as well as the team I have trained has been amazing! They've helped me grow financially, mentally and as a leader! They definitely are tough but in a sense where they expect the best from me - I can honestly say it's a change but something that has truly changed me for the better!

Cons

None - It's hard work but things that are good in life are always going to come with challenges!

Advice to Management

Thank you for the life lessons! Thank you!

May 16, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for the 5 star review. We love that you have only been here a short for a short time but feel you are already seeing success and growth. And I as well made a career change when starting ... More

"Awesome place to work!!"

Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned a lot through the training as well as when I got into a management roll. I have a lot of respect for upper management when they'll take the time to sit you down and explain everything to you. I've never had that in my previous work experiences. The open door policy and transparency were by far my favorite things about this job. If your looking to grow your career this is a great place to be.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. The only reason I'm not still here is I had to move back home to attend to family matters.

Advice to Management

More team events!! Always had a blast with those..

May 16, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Hi there, Thank you for the kind words regarding your experience here. We do strongly believe in career advancement here as well. I personally came from a different background and learned most of ... More

"somewhere you can call home"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a family like atmosphere. You get to learn and grow with a company that has your back. They teach you from day one all the steps you need to succeed. And if you screw up they go back and teach you again, they don't just send you off to fail. You work hard you play hard here, theirs no room for slacking!

Cons

Only cons I would say... More team nights! They're so fun, great way for everyone to get to know one another.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Atmosphere is great, team nights are great, lets just have more of them!

May 16, 2017 – Human Resource Director

Thank you for taking the time to review our company! We are so glad to hear you enjoy us being one big family. I know that is something our management staff strides for. I do agree we are trying to ... More