Chicago Marketing Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Jacob Cline

"Pretty Great"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Chicago Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've been here for about 8 months. It's a good gig. I have a good base pay ($43k salary) plus commissions. Since I have been here I calculated just under $67k. In 8 months - that's pretty impressive. The training was great - the team is awesome. I work in the wireless division and have built a strong connection with my team/clients.

Cons

Long hours - the commissions are performance based (And I have a strong sales background) not everyone will be as successful as me - but that's the beauty of it. Cool place in general

Advice to Management

Better flexibility within the scheduling (time off - call offs) for the team

Chicago Marketing2019-02-13

February 16, 2019Human Resource Director

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback here. We love being able to give talented individuals like yourself the platform to reach their highest potential. We are glad to have you as part of the team!

"Good company to build transferable skills"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

Started entry level they trained me on everything which was great since all of my experience was just in retail management. I liked the fast paced environment. The people. I enjoyed management. Working in teams. Working with innovative products and services.

Cons

Days are normal 8 to 9 hour days. There wasn't room for over time unless you had approval. I'm a worker so I like working 60 plus hours a week like you do in retail.

Advice to Management

Allow over time to those who want it or earn it. Or maybe even offer extra shifts here and there. Also I would of liked an option to start earlier.

Chicago Marketing2017-06-05

November 1, 2017Human Resource Director

Thanks for the great review, we are always striving for those 5 stars so we will continue to take feedback and work on improving. I will make sure we discuss with management to allow those who want more hours to be able to fill them with over time. Thank you again for taking time ...

"Not what you think it is."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate

I worked at Chicago Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Positive environment - Good commission structure - Late start times

Cons

- Working in retailers - Pressure sales - Long retail hours - Have to approach people who want to be left alone - Have to travel from retailer to retailer - No gas compensation - The main product they want you to sell is Direct TV - Need to Market other products than Direct tv and Nrg - Very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

- Start giving gas compensation - Market something other than Direct TV (no one wants it) - Get your employees out of pressure sales and into actually Marketing - Be more upfront about what the job entails to avoid high turnover rates - Explain that this job isn't what a typical Marketing job is suppose to be, its pressure sales in retailers such as Sam's Club, Walmart, Menard's and Costco

Chicago Marketing2016-12-16

January 10, 2017Human Resource Director

Hello, Thank you for the feedback on our company we are sorry to hear it was not the best for you. However I would like to cover some of your concerns. I am so glad you enjoy our company environment here, we honestly believe we work with some of the best and positive people around. ...

Found 3 reviews