Find jobs for Sales Representative

Chicago Marketing Sales Representative Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2021

3.5
Chicago Marketing CEO Joe Pavone Jr.
Joe Pavone Jr.
0 Rating
  1. 5.0

Top-Notch Business

Sep 16, 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful business, great staff & environment, found meaning working here

Cons

What you put in is what you get out.

Human Resource Director

We would love a few more details on your experience, but we do appreciate the feedback. We pride ourselves in our culture and team camaraderie. In our eyes, growth is merit based. The people who strive to be better and out in the extra work are the ones who will succeed.

2. 3.0

Decent Company, but frazzled Managers

Feb 2, 2021 - Sales Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team culture is good. Lots of useful personal development advice. Growth opportunity to those that excel at direct sales in retail stores. Teaches you how to talk to people and not focus on things you can't control.

Cons

Management is young and it shows. Last second decisions are constantly being made and if you can't make the last second adjustment as an employee, you're deemed as just not being invested enough. Interview process dances around the primary role of your job (at all phases of the mangers training program) which is standing in a store for 8 hours (after 2 hours in the office) selling to unsuspecting customers.

Human Resource Director

Hi there, Thanks for the response. We are glad to hear how much you took from your time here. On the flip side, as you know, we work in very forward thinking and innovative industries, so sometimes last minute decisions cannot be avoided. Not only do we explain what we do on the website and in the job descriptions, but we also explain it in our extensive interview process. I do apologize if something was not clear over all of those steps!

3. 1.0

Multi Level Marketing Scheme

Jan 19, 2021 - Sales and Marketing Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are friendly and inviting

Cons

This is a multi level marketing Scheme, they make it hard to sniff out for people who are just eager to get a job. They make everything about the job sound amazing. From day one they start talking about all this money you can make and all these lies they feed you. You make an hourly wage but if you pass that in sales then its just commission. No Benefits, they say you can pick your hours but you go in all morning for meetings and work all evening at these stores. The staff is all young, like early 20's. Seemed odd to me nobody was older. So they supposedly are partnered with AT&T, Direct TV, and several other companies and they have you go stand around in target or Sam's club and pester people walking by while trying to sell them fake promotional prices. The guy training me lied to each person saying "oh I worked for that company before" to whatever phone carrier the person had to try and gain credibility. They never give you legit promotions you just write them out on a notebook to people which was weird to me and if the person wasn't taking the bait they would have us knock another 20 bucks a month off. Complete scam, one woman I interviewed with worked at AT&T before, so she knows all their promos and products which you think would be a great fit right? Wrong. They didn't hire her knowing she would see right through their fake promotions. So anyways, the paychecks come from Tier One Business Solutions out of Florida, and once seeing that I searched the company and the reviews proved my point further. In essence, RUN!!!! Run far away and save anyone you can from falling for their tricks and lies.

10 people found this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Awesome place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job is how much you put into it, I took this job as a recent college grad and it was awesome to have so many welcoming and helpful people around me. I was able to push myself outside of my comfort zone and it helped me in more than just my career. The mentorship at Chicago Marketing is amazing, willing to go above and beyond in order to help you hit your goals. If a fun company culture is something you are looking for in a job then this is the place to be!

Cons

There isn't much to say for cons, the hardest thing when I started was getting outside of my comfort zone.

Human Resource Director

Hi there, we appreciate the positive feedback! We definitely take pride in our culture and the people we bring in. We are so glad we could help you step outside of your comfort zone and grow with us:)

5. 3.0

Not for everyone

Feb 9, 2021 - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a good work atmosphere

Cons

The job is sales to its core.

Human Resource Director

Thanks for the feedback! We love our work family. And yes, there is definitely sales involved which sounds like wasn't what you wanted.

6. 1.0

Pyramid Scheme

Aug 17, 2020 - Sales Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You work with great people.

Cons

They lie to from the very beginning. As a sales job they promise you a move up to management in less than a year. Most sales jobs your in sales for a year most before moving up. They are not very clear in the beginning on what you are selling, They don't really state that until your second day. You WILL be that person in target or same club that goes up to every person and your goal is to "help cut their phone bill" but you are really doing is selling them a new phone, tv and internet. You work 12 hour days every day. And you will work weekend. No health care or benefits.

13 people found this review helpful
  7. 5.0

Good Experience

Aug 16, 2020 - Sales Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I came into this job with not a lot of experience and not knowing what I wanted to do but I learned pretty quickly what I was good at and gained a lot of knowledge and experience

Cons

Nothing really, just can be fast paced which I struggled with at first

Human Resource Director

We appreciate your feedback! Its okay to not have a lot of experience when starting something new, there is always more to learn no matter how much experience you do have. Our goal is to help people grow in their careers and be successful by their definition, whatever that may be. Our people always come first. Sometimes it can be a little fast paced at the rate we are growing, however it just makes you better!

8. 5.0

A Company to Grow With!

Aug 17, 2020 - Sales Representative in Downers Grove, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You gain so much experience with such a great group of people! The environment is fun, while still learning & enjoying what you do.

Cons

Need more candy in the candy bowl!! 😁

Human Resource Director

Hello! We are so happy to hear that you have gained so much experience with us, and we will always help you continue to grow and enjoy your work life. P.S. we will get more candy asap:)

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Very Employee Friendly Company

Jul 29, 2020 - Sales Representative in Tinley Park, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance. Collaborative culture and supportive team.

Cons

My commute is about 35 minutes

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

LOVE this!

Nov 13, 2019 - Sales Representatives in Palatine, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Where do I start? I’m reading some of the reviews here and i gotta say my experience has been nothing but amazing. Coming from a high intensity sales position this company is a BREEZE! There is training every step of the way to be successful professionally, but it goes beyond that. Our market director actually values the individual and I received coaching on not just business but on my personal and financial worlds. I can clearly see who in our office is just here to collect a paycheck and who actually wants to be a player in business development.

Cons

Don’t waste your time if you aren’t willing to work hard. There is no cap to bonuses but someone will not last long if they are trying to do the minimum but expect the most. You’re kidding yourself in this business and in anything else in life if that’s how you think.

Human Resource Director

Thank you for your recent review of Chicago Marketing, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear you are enjoying your time with us. We agree the role takes hard work and dedication, and also enjoy spending time with our work family outside of the office. Hope to see you for our office Potluck this week :)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews