Chicago Search Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Chicago Search Group Reviews

4.3
Brian Haugh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Easy going and good money"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Relaxed environment
    -Best commissions in the industry
    -Plentiful parking
    -Dog friendly work place
    -unobstructed views of the city from the office
    -Work from home perks
    -Summer hours

Cons

-You cant just coast by here. The money you make will directly reflect the effort you put in. If you are money driven and well connect to people who make hiring decision you could make a ton of money.

Advice to Management

Continue to add perks to for the top performers as I have found them to be highly motivating.

2. "hahaha"

Pros

there is not a thing I liked

Cons

everything ever to come out of this place

3. "Great opportunity to earn big and grow your career"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are two areas where I feel CSG is ahead of the industry regards to its structure.

The first of these areas is the level of control over their day recruiters are given. Lots of agency's will tightly control how you work and try to mold you into a clone of their current employees. As long as you deliver results CSG will let you manage your time in a manner that will help you be successful.

The second is the commission structure. A hardworking recruiter who is experienced can expect to earn $200k without too many problems. It really is the best compensation plan in Chicago.

They have yearly incentive trips. The company is going to Costa Rica shortly.

Birthdays are catered and there are weekly happy hours

The PTO allocation is very generous with the days before major holidays and the week between Christmas & New Year given as vacation.

Cons

Like any recruitment company there are long hours but you will be given the tools that allow you to be successful

You have to wait until clients pay before commission is released to you. This annoying but standard within the recruitment industry.

Advice to Management

Don't change the commission structure and continue to support your employees to be successful.

4. "Executive Recruiter"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge income potential
    Strong starting salary
    Entrepreneurial environment
    Tons of opportunity for career growth
    Wonderful culture, they embrace and encourage collaboration

Cons

There are no real cons to speak of.

5. "Only good things about this company!"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been recruiting here for about 5 months and so far I only have great things to say about this company. Such a great group of people here at Chicago Search which makes coming in everyday easy!
    -No dresscode
    -No cold calling
    -No micromanaging
    -Great location
    -Smart and nice people

Cons

There are no "downsides" to working at Chicago Search. Recruiting is not for everyone... If you work hard, you will love it!

Advice to Management

Pick better players for your fantasy football teams. I feel bad making my bosses lose!

6. "Executive Recruiter"

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been at CSG since February 2016, one of the best companies I have worked for. We just got back from an all expenses paid incentive trip to Playa del Carmen. My colleagues are great people, down to earth, no egos, no drama and fun to hang out with both at work and the occasional happy hour. We have a great client base and enough business to support doubling in size which is what we are in the process of doing. In summary, a great place to work with great people.

Cons

There are no cons about the company, but recruiting is tough. If you are good at it, you will be well compensated, if you are not, you will know within the first 3-6 months.

Advice to Management

Looking forward to going to Costa Rica in 2018!!

7. "Senior Recruiter"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time

Pros

Great stuff here. Laid back culture, great benefits, open door policy, and a lot of room for growth

Cons

Sales is a tough job, so not everyone is cut for it.

"Great company, great culture!"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time

Pros

I honestly can't say enough about how amazing this company is. I enjoy coming in everyday and my associates are some of the best people I've had the pleasure to work with. The culture and atmosphere is laid back and fun--as long as you put in hard work you will see results! The management is great and during our team/individual meetings I always feel like I am being listened to and appreciated. They genuinely care about your well-being and offer a great work/life balance as well as benefits. They want their employees to succeed and you can tell by the way they run the business and treat their employees. They are completely upfront about expectations and operate on an open-door policy. We also get parties and free lunch on a regular basis and have participated in fun team bonding activities like going paint balling together!

Office location is great and has a home-y feel. Plus the beautiful Chicago skyline is completely visible from the office, which always puts a smile on my face!

Cons

Nothing as of right now--just keep in mind that if you work hard you'll succeed in and really like this business!

9. "Best place to work as a recruiter!"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

CSG has an informal, laid-back, family environment! The management is honest, transparent, and accommodating. They offer full-benefits, as well as regular parties and lunches, and they always ask for feedback and recommendations to make the office/company culture even better. There is high potential for growth, and recruiter's salaries are contingent on how hard you work! Great work-life balance if you learn to be efficient and are able to manage time effectively.

Cons

Recruiting is not for the faint-hearted. Be prepared to work hard and develop a thick skin!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

10. "Great Corporate Culture"

I have been working at Chicago Search Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good insurance benefits, great view of the city, relaxed dress code high earning potential with no micro management. Strong entrepreneurial spirit and great personal development.

Cons

It takes a bit to get up and running, but patience and perseverance are the key skills you need to succeed. (It is not a place for the lazy)

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.