Chicago Water & Fire Restoration Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Grateful for the opportunity!!"

Current Employee - AR and Recruiting Manager in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - AR and Recruiting Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Chicago Water & Fire Restoration full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

CWAFR is a great company to work for. Being a family owned business is the best type of business to work for. Everyone is a team and it is proven day in and day out. It's rare to really feel appreciated by your employer but at CWAFR the respect and grace that is returned, makes this company incomparable to any other. Leaving my previous employer after 5 years was extremely scary but after a week at CWAFR all my fears went away and I knew that I had made the right decisions.

Cons

The only con with CWAFR is that it is a 24/7 business so the workload at times can be more than most expect.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thank you for all the opportunities you have extended to me in the short amount of time I have been with the company!

2. "Great company / Great people"

Current Employee - Dispatcher in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Dispatcher in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

Family owned growing company. Room to advance. Very competitive salary.

Cons

Open 24/7/365. Schedule can change quickly when busy.

Advice to Management

Cross training different departments would benefit scheduling and better assist customers.

3. "Great Company With Many Opportunities for Growth"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Chicago Water & Fire Restoration full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Chicago Water and Fire is an excellent company in an important industry. Having the opportunity to help people through one of the toughest experiences in their life is not only meaningful but also very satisfying. The company does an excellent job of filling the roles necessary and working with people to maximize their productivity and opportunity. Since coming to Chicago Water and Fire I personally have been promoted into an role where my skill set is better utilized. Finding this role with Chicago Water and Fire has been one of the best things to happen to me professionally.

Cons

I don't have any glaring cons about the company. Everything is ran like a tight ship and your expectations are very clear. The only area of opportunity Chicago Water and Fire has is their time off policy. Disaster cleanup never sleeps so I understand the need to have us working as many days as possible but more time off could benefit the employees.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and support of the employees! While we do a lot for the people we work for and with, we don't often take the opportunity to do things for our employees themselves. More fun social events and opportunities for the crews/ project managers/ estimators/ and office staff to mingle and get to know each other could be very beneficial!

4. "A company you can stand behind"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Elmhurst, IL

I have been working at Chicago Water & Fire Restoration full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outlook & growth, compensation, and support

Cons

Health benefits and work life balance

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

5. "Great Co-Workers/Growing Company With Opportunities!"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

Work with a fast paced, dynamic & friendly group of people. Coworkers are great, management has done a very good job at finding individuals with skill sets and plugging those individuals into positions where they, and the company, benefit. Actually getting to help people in times of disaster is a plus! I have been here for almost 3 years and have watched this company grow and transform into something bigger than I ever thought, with no signs of slowing down. From the top down, every door is open with the individual behind it welcoming, which helps when coming into a industry that I wasn't familiar with.

Cons

I really don't have a negative - every workplace comes with something that you may not "love." That being said, it would be great to have more time off, but based on the fact that this is an emergency-disaster industry, it's understandable.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the work-place gatherings! It helps everyone get to know each other, which helps overall attitude, when we get to meet and learn about one another!

6. "Great opportunities with a growing company"

Current Employee - Dispatch Coordinator in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Dispatch Coordinator in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

A growing company that offers a multitude of opportunities to people who show a willingness to excel.

Cons

Hours/schedule can vary due to weather conditions, but that is the nature of the business

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

7. "A Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Dispatch Manager in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Dispatch Manager in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

I have been working at Chicago Water and Fire for over 2 years now and it is the best job I have ever had. The office environment is very positive and is a joy to work with my co-workers everyday. We are treated like close family in the office by the upper management. Everyone here has an upbeat attitude. I look forward to come to work everyday.

Cons

When a storm comes through the area we get busy.....but that is the nature of the business we are in.

8. "Estimating Manager/Public Adjuster"

Current Employee - Estimating Manager/Public Adjuster in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Estimating Manager/Public Adjuster in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

Growing company with opportunities, great work atmosphere, good pay. Owner cares about employees and gives us everyday rewards such as a stock kitchen and a fully equipped work out facility. During times of high volume lunch is provided on a regular basis.

Cons

Occasionally periods of very high volume during weather events, can be stressful. It does even out although with times of slower volume which is to be expected in this industry.

Advice to Management

For now keep on the same path of growth, keep the current culture in place.

"Estimator"

Current Employee - Estimator in Elmhurst, IL
    Current Employee - Estimator in Elmhurst, IL

Pros

Free Water bottles given out

Cons

Management is evil and loathsome. Company is run by children in adult uniforms. revolving door employment policy. Terrible place to work

Advice to Management

grow up into adults

"Great Company to work for!"

Pros

Great people to work with. Good hours and benefits.

Cons

Could be very busy during rainy season!