Chicagoland Smile Group Reviews

Updated Mar 2, 2020

4.0
  1. "Great place to grow!"

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

So many opportunities to advance within. The growth within the administrative teams is promising.

Cons

Due to Chicagolands high touch responsiveness, I find myself in the car quite a bit, but it Aligns with our philosophy “personal is best.”

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-25
  2. "High turnover failing business"

1.0
    Former Employee - Revenue Cycle Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Well there's a coffee and water machine.

Cons

-Extremely high turnover rate. No one's been with the company for more than a few years. In a few months I watched an alarming amount (12 individuals) of upper management leave or get fired abruptly. -The benefits are appalling no 401k matching, overpriced healthcare, five whole days PTO a year, no pay for maternity leave. They do not care about their employee retention at all. -They rapidly acquire dental offices without any concern for delivering the promised results to their physicians or patients. Multiple providers shared with me their upset about the massive looming AR. Some dentists confided in me and asked if I thought based on the contracting they have a chance at collecting when they depart soon. -The looming AR is enormous yet two people are employed to help follow up on it currently. -The culture is very toxic! HR actively invalidated multiple employee experiences presented to them. There's a clique in support center management who breadcrumb essential information so standard operating procedures can't be created. Anyone new they do not accept they spend everyday deforming the person's character by copying the whole upper management team on any mistake made despite the fact they were in charge of training. -Everyday you come in wondering what stupid new idea upper management will deploy to justify their own presence in the failing company. -The investment partners are heavily involved in the failing business and what they say goes at the end of the day. -No promotion from within ever happens.

Chicagoland Smile Group2020-03-02
  3. "All about money"

2.0
    Current Employee - Dental Hygienist

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible days and hours since there are many locations.

Cons

They care about production way more than actual patient care. Be prepared to take an excessive amount of xrays and push treatment plans.

Chicagoland Smile Group2019-08-19

"Terrible Management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Palos Heights, IL

I worked at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

NO PROS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Cons

I worked here for approx. a month and i was let go because "I did homework on the job", no two weeks notice, no write up, nothing.. just let go in the middle of my shift. The manager knew I was a student before hiring me and said that won't be a problem. When I was offered the job the hiring manager even mentioned "I was one of the best interviews they've ever had". I began working and the manager at my location (College Drive Dental Associates in Palos Heights, IL) would tell me all her personal problems at home (which is very unprofessional), she would log on to the company's computer and show me pictures of her ex husband on facebook, she would be on her phone texting her boyfriend all the time. The Manager just sits in the back on her phone all day on snapchat or facebook. This company goes through employees like water, within my one month working here over 3 employees left and the overall organization of the clinic is just terrible. Patients call complaining all the time, asking for their records to move to other locations. The employees argue EVERY single day even in front of patients, literally screaming back & forth. One of the dentist was told to "learn how to speak English" because she was a woman of color from a different country. There's been times when some employees would not show up to their shifts, and would not get penalized. The manager even sent her boyfriend in to act like a patient in order to spy on the employees so she can weed out who needs to be fired. A complete disregard to privacy! There was even an instance when she would have other employees spy on me to make sure I wasn't doing my homework during downtime. This place is terrible, racist and overall unorganized. Save yourself the drama and never accept a job offer here.

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-09-16
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Olympia Fields, IL

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Outstanding team, very communicative and nice interaction with management. They handle the back-end of the practice management very well, frees up the clinical staff to just do dentistry.

Cons

None so far, they've been great

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-23
  6. "Manager"

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to build your experience and network.

Cons

Lack of communication as we grow larger.

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-24
  7. "Oral Surgeon"

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group part-time

Pros

Well run group, busy practices

Cons

No major cons I can think of

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-22
  8. "Dentist"

Current Employee - General Dentist

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Chicagoland Smile Group offers an incredible amount of continuing education

Cons

As they have been expanding communication has not been lacking

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-23
  9. "CSG review"

Current Employee - General Dentist in Oak Park, IL

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, amazing attention to patient care and development, outstanding office staff, excellent atmosphere for staff and doctors

Cons

No cons so far

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-22
  10. "Great Employment with Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Chicagoland Smile Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

This group is constantly working to be the best company that they can be. Constantly growing, hiring, and innovating ways to give the best patient care. This company truly cares about being the best they can for their employees and their patients.

Cons

As we grow, communication between higher and lower management becomes more difficult. However, they take feedback well and are having weekly and monthly meetings to improve.

Chicagoland Smile Group2018-04-12