Chick-fil-A Reviews in Athens, GA | Glassdoor

Athens, GA Area

3.8

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • minimum wage if you have time to lean you have time to clean (in 103 reviews)

• fast-paced during peak times; quick learning is a must (in 100 reviews)

1. "Chick fil A"

Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA

Pros

Never work on Sundays
    Flexible hours

Cons

Low pay for as much work and customer service given to customers

"Cashier"

Former Employee - Cashier in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Chick-fil-a treats employees and customers with complete respect. This company focuses on team-building activities to bring everyone closer. There have a successful training program, and are excellent in providing services.

Cons

Chick-fil-a is a Christian religious company, and many managers use religious messages to motivate employees in their jobs. Make sure that your values align with the company because if they do not, it can make working there very uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging employees to provide the best possible service. The store I worked at had a very fast paced environment. I was a cashier, and at times, it could be stressful because I wouldn't always know the position I should be in during a rush. It is important to keep enough employees staffed so that the store remains organized in these types of situations. Chick-fil-a has an incredible reputation among its customers. Keep it up!

3. "Cfa"

Current Employee - Cashier/Team Member in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier/Team Member in Athens, GA

Pros

Always willing to work with your schedule, great environment, and you always have Sundays off!

Cons

I just hate how they make every one work on every home game day, even if you have tickets.

Advice to Management

None

4. "Not a bad place to work. Maybe I'll work in their corporate office one day..."

Former Employee - Cashier/Team Member in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

For a fast food restaurant, it really is one of the best. The people were genuine and easy to get along with.

Cons

Having to always say "My pleasure." It's really not a big deal, just an annoyance. Guaranteed customers are fine with a "have a nice day," "you're welcome," "anytime," or some other phrase. Good customer service is good customer service regardless of what is said. I didn't even notice Chick Fil A employees always said "my pleasure" until I started working there. Having to say the same phrase constantly seems a bit robotic and unnatural to me. But that's really the only thing. I'm honestly just writing this review to get my unlimited access back. Oh and filleting pounds of raw chicken sucks. My fingers end up hurting after a while because of the cold.

5. "I found out what was behind the curtain!"

Former Employee - Manager in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Manager in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A full-time

Pros

The only pro to working at Chick Fil A is being off every Sunday

Cons

So many to list... The owner/operator was never there and when he was he disrespected his kitchen staff so badly. He only had negative things to say. The kitchen was in terrible disrepair and very antiquated. Kitchen staff had to do way too much with too few people while customer service staff and managers stood around and watched. Employees had to drink from paper cones or dirty "community" cups. Schedules were put up on Saturday night for the following Monday which is ridiculous! No benefits are given to management, not even free meals. Staff turn over is horrible and managers who come in wanting to help out the staff and make things better are quickly told that they are only to direct and observe so there is a huge disconnect between staff and management. Those managers like me who are workers and want to make things better, quit almost immediately. So there is alot of overtime required because there are only 3 or 4 managers. Team leaders are given promotions without knowing what to do so they are just puppeted around by managers and worked to death. The ones that do stay and become real leaders can't ever get a raise so they quit! The week I started there were 3 team leaders working out a 2 week notice and all 3 were being paid less than $9 after working there more than a few years and running shifts, doing truck orders and other management responsibilities that should command alot higher pay and respect. Many employees told me that people leave there mainly
     because the owner is greedy and doesn't care.

Advice to Management

Make things easier for your overworked kitchen staff. Hire professionals to repair plumbing and electrical issues instead of making it a staff problem. Replace or repair antiquated and broken equipment. Clean the place up. Allow employees to have something to drink while they work! Put out schedules at least 2 weeks ahead so employees can make some plans and have a life. Don't expect people to work for such low wages and stay. Your average pay for staff should be at least $9 per hour and team leaders should START at $10. Managers should be making far more and given benefits. Let us face it...your company can afford to make things better.

6. "Manager"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Athens, GA

Pros

Friendly atmosphere, food discounts, great people

Cons

Stressful and fast paced, I feel like I am under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Employees deserve way more than minimum wage for how hard they work compared to other fast food chains

7. "Team Member"

Former Employee - Restaurant Team Member in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management expects a lot of you, and seeks to grow you as a person during your time there. They really care about their restaurant employees. My operator was an amazing person to work for.

Cons

Sometimes will keep you beyond your scheduled shift, but if you make it clear you have a commitment, they'll relent. :)

Advice to Management

I know the management personnel have a trillion things going through their minds, but do your best to treat the team members the way you treat customers...well, to a certain extent. Smile! I had a great experience with management though!

8. "Team member"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture, with ample room for growth and development. Flexible hours

Cons

No much room for growth within the company unless you plan on staying in the area for many years in the future

"I've gained many skills and experiences, but there's much to be desired."

Current Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Athens, GA
    Current Employee - Cashier At Chick-fil-a in Athens, GA

I have been working at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You're USUALLY monitored and given breaks (and food) as needed. Except for when you're sent outside to take orders, it's a nice, air-conditioned place to work.

Cons

It's still, at the end of the day, working at a fast-food joint; the pay is great, don't get me wrong I need the money, but one leaves their shift feeling greasy and smelling bad when there MUST be other employment options out there somewhere...

10. "Second Mile Service"

Former Employee - Team Member in Athens, GA

I worked at Chick-fil-A part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Chickfila helped me grow as a person and employee. I learned that their promotion of "second mile service" really keeps customers happy and creates a welcoming atmosphere that has lifelong customers. This was the second job I've had and I loved every minute of it. My managers were always positive, welcoming, willing to help with anything, flexible and caring.Other team members became my friends and were always helpful. At chickfila, everyone is part of a team and working doesn't feel like work. I still go back to my Chickfila and love seeing the managers who still care for me and are happy to be working for such a great establishment.

Cons

It can get very crowded, and the pay isn't amazing because it is an entry level job. Other than that there is nothing I could say that was a downside to working here.

Showing 15 of 3,606 reviews