Chick-fil-A Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0

3,541 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • minimum wage if you have time to lean you have time to clean (in 103 reviews)

• fast-paced during peak times; quick learning is a must (in 100 reviews)

"Supervisor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Pros

It is a great place to work and grow with the company. You can move up in many different ways including becoming the owner/operator.

Cons

Although it is a lot different than other fast food restaurants, CFA still is. If you are looking for somewhere to work behind a desk this isnt it.

Advice to Management

I think management does a great job compared to any other place I have worked and if there is anything to do different it would be to better communicate.

2. "Good place to start."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Pros

-Great student work.
    -Friendly workplace.
    -Great management.
    -You are guaranteed one day off every week, since all CFA restaurants are closed Sunday.

Cons

The only downsides I can remember are your typical fast food concerns. The pay is decent, but there is quite a bit of gossip and drama, because CFA employs a lot of female high school students.

Advice to Management

What you're doing is working. Remember that the company's success is dependent on lower level employees, and keeping them happy is an easy way to continue making money.

3. "Best job ever."

Former Employee - Team Member in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Team Member in Orem, UT

Pros

- Great managers
    - Clean atmosphere, very disciplined
    - Coworkers made a happy environment
    - The best "quick service" food anywhere
    - Closed on Sunday

Cons

- Only entry level, near minimum wage to start, but understandable, hey, it's fast-food
    - Come home smelling like fried chicken

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You have made one of the greatest companies in the world, and I hope you get more international success.

4. "Simple High School Job"

Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great after school job for students. Great reputation. FREE FOOD

Cons

I was pretty satisfied with everything

Advice to Management

Stop making emplyees say "My pleasure"

"Intern at Chick-fil-A"

Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Intern in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great people and overall workplace. The company is looking to double in size by 2020. Thus increasing one's abilities to grow and influence the growth of CFA.

Cons

The culture of the company is not for everyone. There is a large emphasis in religion and overall openness. Jobs as full time employees are not always available. Usually you must work part time.

Advice to Management

Keep up the quality of the people as the company expands. Make sure that CFA keeps leading the corporate world as a role model for business ethics and morality. Keep influencing all that come in contact with CFA.

6. "Wonderful."

Current Employee - Team Leader in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Sunrise, FL

Pros

Wonderful employees. great opportunities for employees. Doesn't open on Sundays.

Cons

Frequent management miscommunication and disorganization.

"Wonderful!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Opportunity for growth, scholarships, and learning in positive vibe work atmosphere!!

Cons

You have to work your way up--though not a bad thing

Advice to Management

Take advantage of all events that they are involved in, young or older in need of a job, they will take you in and move you through the ranks. The will appoint you into management from the ground up, you just have to go through the ride, learning the ropes and the ways. Awesome place to work overall

8. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Host/Team Member in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Host/Team Member in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Free food while working
    50% off while off the clock
    Extremely flexible scheduling
    Sundays off
    I love being able to say that I work for Chick-fil-A
    Great employees!
    Work isn't overwhelming
    Management is great at my location (by the looks of other reviews, I consider myself lucky)
    Pay is higher than other employers

Cons

• I work extremely hard, sometimes to the point where I'll clock off and still continue to serve guests and perform my duties even after my shift has ended (or while I'm on break). Even so, I feel that I don't always receive proper recognition for my work.
    • There is one manager at my location who makes all of the employees uncomfortable while working as we sometimes feel like it is impossible to measure up to her expectations; no matter how hard we work, this manager remains perpetually dissatisfied.
    • Sometimes when I try to create a memorable experience for the customer (give first-time guests a free meal, replace incorrect orders with a fresh menu item, offer free ice cream to people on their birthdays, etc...) I am prevented from doing so by the same manager as mentioned above. Since other managers encourage/applaud my gestures, I never know who to listen to.
    • Employees are never asked to meet with the management and discuss ways to make store operations better. Our management will meet together often, but we have never had a meeting which included all active employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to selectively interview and hire only the best employees! Involve all employees, not just the upper management, when deciding how to better store operations. Your employees on the Front Counter or in the Kitchen often have great ideas--listen to them!

9. "Chick-fil-A is a fun environment and the people who work there make the job fun."

Current Employee - Team Member in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Pros

Really good pay for a fast fod job. The managers do really good at giving time requested off PLUS Chick-fil-A is closed Sunday's so you alwasys have Sunday off.

Cons

They need to hire better management because some of them have very little to poor management skills. I think they should revaluate who they put into leadership.

Advice to Management

When deciding to promote someone to leadership please make sure that you are looking at everyone equally instead of just promoting your friends you hooked up with the job.

"A company that lives up to its reputation."

Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Manager in Cincinnati, OH

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    Most operators take an interest and truly care about your personal life.
    A wonderful environment to make lifetime friends.
    The customer base is wonderful to interact with and serve.

Cons

Instability in hours.
    Limited benefits (no earned vacation time, sick pay, etc.)
    Training needs to be more formalized.
    Communication is inconsistent from Operator.

Advice to Management

Solicit ideas from your staff and then listen and actually evaluate them. The team members run the store so they know infinitely more about the day to day operations than the Operator. It may be hard to believe but the staff's ideas may acutally have merit.

Showing 3,541 of 3,595 reviews