Chico's FAS Part Time Sales Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Chico's FAS President and Chief Executive Officer Shelley Broader
Shelley Broader

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They understand the value of a work/life balance (in 49 reviews)

• A great retail company to work for with great benefits and employee discount program (in 47 reviews)

Cons
  • For Chico's it's all about work and less about work life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management pretends to listen to sales teams' feedback but then they don't (in 79 reviews)

1. "Cheerful at Chico's"

Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - PT Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent friendly, driven, and compassionate management team, as well as sales associate team; exceptional customer clientele who generally are considerate to leave dressing rooms neat and not so messy (as those found in other retail stores), plus customers are friendlier and approachable; company's customer MAPSS Experience is a terrific "mantra" of sorts to work by; very clean and attractive/appealing store; upbeat and friendly environment for all

Cons

Hourly wage rates could stand improvement.

Advice to Management

Corporate management team would be wise to explore seriously upgrading the company's technology system as it seems to freeze and overload, particularly at peak times of employee training, etc. System network appears to have limited ports as evident by processing going in circles for long periods of time resulting in "no processing."

2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Marcos, TX

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Manager, team, individuals & spirit.

Cons

Discount for employees, would like to wear more Chico's, but can't afford.

Advice to Management

Keep sending us new product; the regular customers love it! Some of the regular customers as they are aging want more long sleeves-to cover up their easy to happen bruises.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sonoma, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Sonoma, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly co-workers and attractive atmosphere.

Cons

The stress of pushing additional items on customers was a big turnoff for me. Also, every day the sales clerks were made to place phone calls to previous and current customers, who were by and large very annoyed to receive the calls. I'm an excellent saleswoman, have owned my own shops, and found Chico's protocol to be far too pressure-driven. If you're twenty-four and just starting out in retail, you may enjoy the pace of Chico's. Those of us who are over fifty often feel overwhelmed by the frequent changes, the sales targets, and the frenetic pace at which we are expected to up-sell, even when a customer knows exactly what she wants, and that is ALL she wants on a particular day.

Advice to Management

Clearly you have a successful business model which works for you, but I would urge you to understand that professional sales persons have their unique personal styles. Let their own personalities and strengths shine, while incorporating Chico's policies as well of course. The practice of loading a pile of clothing over one's arm and taking it to the dressing room of a customer who is firm in the fact that she just wants a tee shirt that day is, I think, often a waste of time and energy. My overall experience was good, but I must say I was often exhausted and in physical pain from the lifting and shifting of mannequins, packed racks of clothing, and so forth. Please leave the lifting to the younger gals.

4. "Part time key holder."

Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lake Charles, LA
    Former Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Lake Charles, LA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Loved the merchandise, and my job.

Cons

Did not care for manager that would still hours . And not rotating the schedule fairly so everyone could make commission.

Advice to Management

Treat everyone the way you would want to be treated!

5. "Job interview"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tallahassee, FL

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I applied online and got an interview the very next day

Cons

They need to raise the salary

Advice to Management

Need to hire people with less experience in order to give them a chance

6. "Sales Lead"

Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Sales Associate in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Good discount on clothes.

Cons

Too many calling campaigns! Those should be done by Corperate not by sales personnel. Customers are asking to be removed from calling list. They often don't promote from within the company.

Advice to Management

My current manager in Pasadena is very professional and a good person to work with. However, other managers I've had have been difficult to work with.

"Game the System, or Be Screwed"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Simpsonville, KY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Simpsonville, KY

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stock work is steady, with fewer skewed metrics to be judged by. Would make a fine part-time job.

Retail work has incentives, so a very outgoing sales rep could make a decent wage despite being part-time.

Cons

Don't expect to make full-time unless you are the store manager. Assistant managers are also just part-time.

Various metrics are used to rate you as an employee, but the numbers don't tell the whole story and you are at the mercy of whoever is running the cash register to determine if you get credit for a particular sale. Much of the work you do is not measured by these metrics and will be "wasted time" for trying to advance, or even to just prevent you from getting fired. It encourages a culture of effective sales representatives who are backstabbing and lazy about doing "grunt work" like cleaning, restocking or counting down the cash drawers at night.

Advice to Management

If you're going to use metrics to rate your employees (and posting those metrics publicly is not conducive to a friendly work environment), then you might invent some names for additional metrics to determine all the various ways employees contribute to a successful store, and you may want to consider some level of scrutiny for cashiers to determine how they are distributing the sales information among the employees. It is easy to game the system as a cashier.

8. "Star scheduling ignored"

Current Employee - Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Fellow employees and loyal customerd

Cons

Schedule shift inaccuracies, shift cuts due to favored employees working consistently over shift times.

Advice to Management

Do star employees get priority scheduling or not?

9. "Support in back, organization of garments, utilizing cash register, stylist for customers"

Former Employee - Sales Associate - Stylist in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Associate - Stylist in Houston, TX

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Location and pleasant work environment. Opportunity to learn various sales systems.

Cons

Low hours and sometimes no hours or work for two weeks in summer

Advice to Management

Everyone should get at least 20 hours a week. Even in July and June

"Sales associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Michiana, MI
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Michiana, MI

I worked at Chico's FAS part-time

Pros

Hmmm... What to say....Not going to give this company any kudos. They don't deserve it. Future job seekers.. look elsewhere.

Cons

Burn & turn mentality... Company is not in favor of employees making bonus... Proven by the amount of coupons they distribute...It's not a win win situation... Very unfortunate for the employee... Very fortunate for the company. They should try harder to make it a positive experience for the employee also.... 😥

Advice to Management

Read your employees messages.. listen to their feed back. Make it as much as a positive experience for them that it is for the he company... Then .. you will be a good company to work for