Chico's FAS Reviews | Glassdoor

Shelley Broader

1,139 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • For Chico's it's all about work and less about work life balance (in 49 reviews)

• Upper management pretends to listen to sales teams' feedback but then they don't (in 80 reviews)

1. "Great Supportive Employer"

Pros

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Chicos. Treats you like an adult and is full of positive people. I realize now I was slightly underpaid in my base-39k but with bonus always made 58k, even in my worst year. I did watch a fantastic District Trainer get passed over for opportunity to interview for District Manager, however that seemed very unusual so perhaps there was more that I was not privy to.

Cons

Towards the end was becoming very task heavy which is a problem when you are commission based!

Advice to Management

Take a breath! my former peers are frazzled by all the tasks(phone calls, events, POS and on}
    Overall though, Great Place to Work.

2. "Great place to work."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Positive environment, you are treated with respect, somewhat informal relationships can be fostered so not everything is according to the rules, especially with time off issues, there is opportunity to train and transfer to other departments

Cons

Micro-managing because you have to do certain steps within the call so that even if you resolve the issue you can still get points taken off when they monitor your calls, on the other end you have to clean up a lot of inexperienced reps mistakes and too much focus on up selling,

Advice to Management

Focus on bigger issues such as resolving the customer's problem, focus more monitoring on newer reps

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

On the cutting edge. Listens to the people. Reacts to the business.

Cons

Held accountable to the results. You have to like that kind of environment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are leading us into a great place

"Great Place to Work and Getting Better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Associates are valued and allowed to share their ideas. The perks are great. We get a great discount on all three brands, there is a cafe onsite, water stations everywhere, free coffee, tea and hot chocolate. I know that sounds corny and simple, but I've worked plenty of places where you had to pay for horrible tasting coffee or bring your own. It's always clean (don't take it for granted, I've worked places with disgusting bathrooms). Everyone is very friendly, and people always say hi when they pass each other in the halls. Associates are helpful to each other, especially when you're newer and don't know your way around yet. The bottom line is that overall this is a great place to work, and the company is investing a lot of time and money into making it an even better place to work.

Cons

Some work to do in some departments, but no company is perfect. You also can't please all the people all the time, and some people just want to complain about something. This is a quickly growing company that is trying to catch up to the growth, so systems, training, etc. aren't quite there yet. There are some departments who need to take the "diva crown" off and realize we're all here for the same purpose: to Make Women Feel Beautiful. Some more tenured associates with poor attitudes need to keep their skepticism to themselves, because most people want to make things better and have great ideas to do so. Don't dash their hopes because you're skeptical. That kind of attitude gets in the way of progress. Leave the past in the past! Some managers need training on the basics of managing people. In my department (which shall remain anonymous), things are great, but they can always be better. The good thing is that I see it becoming better every day, and I get to be a part of it.

Advice to Management

Make sure to check in on the first level managers (people at the Manager and Director level). Be honest about who is moving us forward and who is standing in our way, then make sure action is taken. The longer a bad manager lingers, the harder it is to rebound morale of the associates. Otherwise, I think leadership is doing well and heading us in the right direction.

"Finally a company that truly listens to the people that are on the front lines listening to customer needs."

Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Corporate support-always trying to improve and work smarter.
    Discounts. Fun atmosphere. Smart sales training techniques.

Cons

Timing of markdowns with floor sets needs adjusted.Workload vs payroll is not always in line.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to your team in the stores. Set up a team of store managers that give you monthly or quarterly feedback.

"A workplace that for the most part reflects company values"

Former Employee - Department Manager At Headquarters in Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Department Manager At Headquarters in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Creative friendly even inspiring workplace atmosphere
    Company values that include "respect" and "fun" published everywhere and taken seriously
    Room to grow - great opportunities for advancement
    Supportive upper middle management
    Wonderful benefits and discounts
    Strong commitment to connection with outside community and charitable endeavors

Cons

As company grew, sense of workplace community while not lost, weakened
    General feeling that company became more typically corporate and somewhat less creative and fun

Advice to Management

Focus on those original Values - and renew them. They are rare in the corporate world and were so meaningful to employees - often the reason they chose to work there and certainly the reason I wish I hadn't left!

7. "Chico's FAS is an amazing place to work, learn and grow."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Chico's FAS is an amazing place to work, learn and grow.

Cons

So far, I have not identifed any cons. It is a strong company with lots of opportunity for growth and development.

Advice to Management

Continue to live and support the values of the organization.

"A fun place to work with room to grow"

Current Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, TX
    Current Employee - Key Holder in San Diego, TX

Pros

new clothes, exciting products, nice discounts

Cons

low pay, too much responsibility

Advice to Management

offer key holders more benefits since this is essentially a management type position

9. "Flexibility in scheduling"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Competitive salaries, friendly environment, good product and style

Cons

Being tempted constantly with all the new fashions

Advice to Management

More variety from season to season (more style changes rather than only color changes). Maintain the quality of the product

"Very nice people"

Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Part Time Sales Associate in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

The clothes are so pretty. Their was a lot of sales volume and it was not hard to make a sale

Cons

I did not obtain many hours, but the customers were very friendly when I did work. More employee benefits would be cool.

Advice to Management

Only hire people if you give them hours, it is very dissappointing working and not be able to work. Or trying to work, but you have not too much experience with no hours.

Showing 1,139 of 1,157 reviews