Chief Protective Services Security Guard Reviews | Glassdoor

Chief Protective Services Security Guard Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2019

2.2
Chief Protective Services CEO Steve Fernandes (no image)
Steve Fernandes
  1. "Great job while getting an education or supplementing income"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Lake Elsinore, CA

I worked at Chief Protective Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Plenty of assignments easy work

Cons

Security industry wages are low chief like most others pay reflects this

Chief Protective Services2019-10-05
  2. "Good Luck"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Riverside, CA

I worked at Chief Protective Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice front desk dispatch workers

Cons

Minimum Wage is to less for hardworker

Chief Protective Services2018-12-26

"WORST COMPANY EVER"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Corona, CA

I worked at Chief Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are literally none at all.

Cons

Everything about the company is terrible. I sound like a bitter fired employee but i’m really not, i actually quit. their company is terrible, SO disorganized...I never known a company who makes you CALL IN everytime you clock in and on top of all that MANUALLY WRITE your hours for the week and STILL manage to have discrepancies in checks.. i mean we never even got DRUG TESTED. Just terrible, if y’all want somewhere... to work go to Securitas or work for a high end retailer to get your security experience because this place won’t teach you ANYTHING. Everyone acts as if this company is top notch heck no. Never making this mistake again, definitely not worth the pay. I wish i could rate 0 stars but i guess glassdoor is being nice.

Advice to Management

To be honest, Come back to 2018. We shouldn’t have to call in and write the hours down. Fix the app. You pay us dirt, all the money you’re saving by cutting our checks use it to fix that “app” to make life easier.

Chief Protective Services2018-11-09

"Not what I was expecting.."

Current Employee - Security Guard

I have been working at Chief Protective Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

They are fairly professional when you are starting.

Cons

They expect you to either call to let them know all your break and lunch break times, or to input it within the app, which only works when it wants to. They also expect the same information on the time sheets. Kinda redundant on the same information. Despite filling out many documents during orientation with my name, both signed and print, they still misspelled my name in the system.. So all documents, pay checks... and so forth have the wrong name on them. Don't understand why it is so hard to set it up right when it is written again and again on the documents I turned in. Gotta love a horrible HR team..

Advice to Management

Make sure you spell the name of the employee right in the system. Part of the point of having them fill out the documents. To get the info right. Don't be so redundant on the break time notifications. It is already on our time sheets when we turn it in..

Chief Protective Services2018-09-30

"Meh"

Former Employee - Security Guard in Corona, CA

I worked at Chief Protective Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible and kind. Reasonable posts. Kind dispatch and checks on time. The supervisors also were nice for the most part. Moved posts when I broke down.

Cons

Underpay for unarmed security guard. Paid $10.50 when minimum wage is $11.50. No water first day when working in Psalm Springs in over 100 degrees.

Chief Protective Services2018-01-15