Child & Family Support Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Child & Family Support Services Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2019

3.7
Child & Family Support Services CEO Tim Penrod (no image)
Tim Penrod
Pros
  • "The mission, vision, and culture of the work environment are amazing(in 5 reviews)

• "CFSS has a way of making families feel like people, not just another client(in 4 reviews)

1. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Direct Support Specialist in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time

Pros

Great support for employees and families. Opportunity for growth. Great benifits.

Cons

Be prepared to drive alot and please do regular maintenance to vehicle. Not really a con.

Child & Family Support Services2019-09-26
  2. "Good job for student"

Current Employee - Community Habilitator in Bronx, NY

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible, work closely with children, adults and their families.

Cons

Minimum wage, barely any PTO.

Child & Family Support Services2019-10-01
  3. "it is what you make of it. for me its been such a learning curve both professionally and emotionally."

Current Employee - Community Based Lead in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

they care about you, the company is very inclusive and veeeeery flexible, i was able to finish 2 years of massage school and work in the afternoons Full time for them

Cons

most of the training is on the go, lots and lots of patience and perseverance working with variety of families that range from very disfunctional to wow they dont even need services

Advice to Management

courses on child psycology, and somatic therapy, as well as letting direct supports do their intakes and manage the family's case would work out so much better for everyone involved.

Child & Family Support Services2019-08-31

"Horrible place to work"

Former Employee - Case Aide in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Child & Family Support Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros for this company.

Cons

Management is horrible. They do not care for their employees or whether or not they are paid a living wage. They expect you to work 7 days a week and be constantly on call without proper compensation.

Child & Family Support Services2019-08-30
  5. "Amazing Place to Work at"

Former Employee - Direct Support Specialist

I worked at Child & Family Support Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing benefits, long vacation days, great pay, friendly staff and co-workers.

Cons

No flexibility in scheduling.

Child & Family Support Services2019-07-17
  6. "Positive and Supportive Work Enviornment"

Current Employee - Clinical Coordinator and Counselor in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

CFSS is a great place to work. I feel supported and comfortable walking into work everyday. The energy is great because people are happy working there. It is clean and it is nice to walk around and see everyone smiling and greeting one another from the big wigs down to entry level employees. The benefits are great and they promote self care and actually using PTO. I hope to be here for a very long time and continue... to build on my career. Oh yeah they also have tuition reimbursement, will pay for useful training that you want, and any licensing fees. It's just an all around supportive great place to work.

Cons

We are growing fast because its such a great place so we need more space!

Advice to Management

Always remember why you started CFSS and continue to promote the pillars and core values. Also maybe considering assigning people to location boundaries or areas especially direct supports who drive way too much.

Child & Family Support Services2019-03-22
  7. "The Perfect Place For Me"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people (those you work with professionally, and those you work within the field), they have a popcorn machine, flexible hours, set your own schedule, lots of PTO!

Cons

There is no ice machine. The whole Google (sheets, docs, etc) thing is hard to transition to from a Microsoft or Mac world. There is no ice machine.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to keep doing what they're are doing and continue to develop, learn, and grow. DCS Programs manager's ROCK, but beyond that, I'm not sure what goes on in other departments. I think they have a creative and innovative approach to what they do and they are open to new things.

Child & Family Support Services2019-03-07
  8. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

*Get to work for a company that focuses on helping kids *Training opportunities with top leadership *Job is different every day

Cons

*Sporadic schedules to meet with families when they need us *Working in the community can cause a lot of driving

Child & Family Support Services2018-08-07
  9. "Great philosophy/mission"

I have been working at Child & Family Support Services full-time

Pros

A supportive environment that utilized PBS, Trauma Informed Care and other strengths based approaches to provide individualized care. Support staff are encouraged to seek out feedback and to find creative solutions to ongoing needs/challenges. Working at times/places the family/youth needs and seeing results.

Cons

Never a consistent ability to get 40 hours a week, long term. Supervisors will report that there are support needs, but the lack of effective communication at a supervisory level/upper management prevents scheduling resolutions in a timely manner to avoid needing to fill hours to reach 40, without using PTO (happens).

Child & Family Support Services2018-07-30
  10. "Clinical Coordinator"

Former Employee - Clinical Coordinator in Prescott Valley, AZ

I worked at Child & Family Support Services full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You have a job in a town that have little to offer by way of jobs.

Cons

Management is awful. No support at all. Expected to work at all hours with little to no resources and then penalized if no progress is made. Constantly working the job of multiple people due to turn over. Expect to be exhausted.

Advice to Management

Be what you say you are and stop expecting people to stroke your egos. People should be able to have their own opinion without being penalized.

Child & Family Support Services2018-07-18