ChildCare Careers Reviews | Glassdoor

"Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time

Pros

I love working for Childcare Careers, they are flexible with my scheduling needs and yet still put me to work when I am available. I have had the pleasure of being exposed to a wide variety of programs which has given me some motivation to continue in my education to make this a career. I love the recruiter that I had and she was always willing to help me with my professional goals. I highly recommend!

Cons

The work can be slow during holiday seasons and summer time. It's good to save for those times or look for additional summer work.

2. "They violate the law"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible hours
    No supervisor really
    I don't have anything else to add that is a "win" for this company.
    The negatives outweigh everything else. Only apply if you are in a pinch.

Cons

They don't pay you on the day they are supposed to (ILLEGAL)
    Outdated system, penalizes you for USPS errors
    Violate their own policies by calling you during an assignment and expecting you to call back within an hour while on assignment
    Some of the staff is rude
    Unethical Company
    Short term solution, not a permanent one, only take if desperate

Advice to Management

Don't be a crooked company

"Coordination and communication is poor"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in San Mateo, CA
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in San Mateo, CA

I worked at ChildCare Careers (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible, can set hours you are available to get called in for substitution work. It's interesting and a learning experience as you get to experience many types of child care providers, from Head Start to private preschools.

Cons

The coordinators who called to assign jobs could be very rude and unprofessional. It got to the point that I couldn't take it anymore and had to resign.

"owner facilitator"

Current Employee - Facilitator in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Stockton, CA

I have been working at ChildCare Careers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

work from home, ability to mix family with work

Cons

long hours, parent communication, no medical benefits or retirement

6. "We'll all over it sucked. They messed up a lot paper work"

Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Preschool Teacher in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at ChildCare Careers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I got good centers and teachers too work with . I really good teachers too work with .

Cons

It's all over the place not one place.

Advice to Management

Learn your job and communication is a key . Phone works both ways.

"Great for getting your feet in the door with childcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

You can chose your own hours and when you want to work.

Cons

Hours are not the same every week. It is not reliable for full time hours unless you are willing to travel over 30 miles and into different counties.

"Never again."

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Sacramento, CA

Pros

You can make your own schedule and there will be a good number of assignments offered to you for your desired hours. Going to a new place every day/assignment is great too, you do not get too comfortable.

Cons

They work around your schedule but if something comes up at the last minute that you cannot control the Placement Coordinator would get really pushy as if you had to work the assignments she was "offering" you. Offering being the complete opposite of its definition. They already knew that I had another job and was in school full-time when I chose to take on this job but they are not as understanding as they pretend to be. Held to too many expectations when coming into a center or school when you do not know how anything works and they tell you to "do what you feel is best". During assignments, CCC is held to a higher standard than the assignments current staff. If they are doing something and you are following their lead, you get a call after your shift saying that they do not want you at that site anymore.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible as there are a lot of students who choose to work with this company. Placement Coordinators need to be more friendly and not say they are "offering" you an assignment when in reality you have to take it.

"it ok place to work at"

Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hayward, CA
    Former Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hayward, CA

I worked at ChildCare Careers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

make your own schedule , going to different sites and seeing different kids.

Cons

few assignment, no health benefits, no mileage , can not live off paycheck to paycheck, misleading

Advice to Management

they will claim they did not receive your timecard in time to pay you. childcare career tries to keep me busy as the orders come in for a position. CCC call you at 6:00am in morning the cantract clearly states that you can not work in a site you were sent to or not after a year of employment with CCC.

"Pre-School Center"

Current Employee - Business Owner in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Owner in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at ChildCare Careers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They provide temporary staff for the Pre-School environment when needed.

Cons

As an employer of child care personal, we spend a lot of money training, educating and placing teachers into a classroom environment, this company will solicit your employees and hire them after you have spent a lot of money in training, with no regard to the working relationship, very deceptive and dishonest company.

Advice to Management

Be honest and truthful, you require that as a client we pay you a fee if we hire one of your temps, then you should respect us as a client and do the same. Ms. ReShaun Webb was extremely unprofessional, not responding to my calls. Even though I understand it is difficult to maintain a consistent staff I would highly recommend NOT using ChildCare Careers! It is very expensive to train your staff and to pay a premium for a service that comes and solicits your employees, it is not worth it! Very dissatisfied and do NOT recommend!!!!

"Subsitute Teacher"

Current Employee - Substitute in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Substitute in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You decide where you want to work and when you want to work. There are weekly paychecks. You get to build rapport with a number of different centers in the early childhood educational community.

Cons

The work days are inconsistent. At times you could be without work for several weeks at a time if centers do not have a need for your qualifications. Payroll refuses to accept e-mailed timesheets. They have to be faxed or mailed.

Advice to Management

Please compensate your employees fairly based on education and industry standards. Provide more opportunities for credentialed teachers to have consistent job assignments. If you cannot do that, then please help your employees get food stamps, an unemployment check, a case manager, transitional housing for very limited income, etc.