ChildCare Careers Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"owner facilitator"

Current Employee - Facilitator in Stockton, CA
    Current Employee - Facilitator in Stockton, CA

I have been working at ChildCare Careers full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

work from home, ability to mix family with work

Cons

long hours, parent communication, no medical benefits or retirement

"They violate the law"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Flexible hours
    No supervisor really
    I don't have anything else to add that is a "win" for this company.
    The negatives outweigh everything else. Only apply if you are in a pinch.

Cons

They don't pay you on the day they are supposed to (ILLEGAL)
    Outdated system, penalizes you for USPS errors
    Violate their own policies by calling you during an assignment and expecting you to call back within an hour while on assignment
    Some of the staff is rude
    Unethical Company
    Short term solution, not a permanent one, only take if desperate

Advice to Management

Don't be a crooked company

"Great for getting your feet in the door with childcare"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Pros

You can chose your own hours and when you want to work.

Cons

Hours are not the same every week. It is not reliable for full time hours unless you are willing to travel over 30 miles and into different counties.

"Never again."

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Sacramento, CA

Pros

You can make your own schedule and there will be a good number of assignments offered to you for your desired hours. Going to a new place every day/assignment is great too, you do not get too comfortable.

Cons

They work around your schedule but if something comes up at the last minute that you cannot control the Placement Coordinator would get really pushy as if you had to work the assignments she was "offering" you. Offering being the complete opposite of its definition. They already knew that I had another job and was in school full-time when I chose to take on this job but they are not as understanding as they pretend to be. Held to too many expectations when coming into a center or school when you do not know how anything works and they tell you to "do what you feel is best". During assignments, CCC is held to a higher standard than the assignments current staff. If they are doing something and you are following their lead, you get a call after your shift saying that they do not want you at that site anymore.

Advice to Management

Be more flexible as there are a lot of students who choose to work with this company. Placement Coordinators need to be more friendly and not say they are "offering" you an assignment when in reality you have to take it.

"Love my Job!"

Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Riverside, CA
    Current Employee - Teacher's Assistant in Riverside, CA

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time

Pros

I love working for Childcare Careers, they are flexible with my scheduling needs and yet still put me to work when I am available. I have had the pleasure of being exposed to a wide variety of programs which has given me some motivation to continue in my education to make this a career. I love the recruiter that I had and she was always willing to help me with my professional goals. I highly recommend!

Cons

The work can be slow during holiday seasons and summer time. It's good to save for those times or look for additional summer work.

"Pre-School Center"

Current Employee - Business Owner in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Business Owner in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at ChildCare Careers full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They provide temporary staff for the Pre-School environment when needed.

Cons

As an employer of child care personal, we spend a lot of money training, educating and placing teachers into a classroom environment, this company will solicit your employees and hire them after you have spent a lot of money in training, with no regard to the working relationship, very deceptive and dishonest company.

Advice to Management

Be honest and truthful, you require that as a client we pay you a fee if we hire one of your temps, then you should respect us as a client and do the same. Ms. ReShaun Webb was extremely unprofessional, not responding to my calls. Even though I understand it is difficult to maintain a consistent staff I would highly recommend NOT using ChildCare Careers! It is very expensive to train your staff and to pay a premium for a service that comes and solicits your employees, it is not worth it! Very dissatisfied and do NOT recommend!!!!

"Subsitute Teacher"

Current Employee - Substitute in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Substitute in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You decide where you want to work and when you want to work. There are weekly paychecks. You get to build rapport with a number of different centers in the early childhood educational community.

Cons

The work days are inconsistent. At times you could be without work for several weeks at a time if centers do not have a need for your qualifications. Payroll refuses to accept e-mailed timesheets. They have to be faxed or mailed.

Advice to Management

Please compensate your employees fairly based on education and industry standards. Provide more opportunities for credentialed teachers to have consistent job assignments. If you cannot do that, then please help your employees get food stamps, an unemployment check, a case manager, transitional housing for very limited income, etc.

"Master Teacher, Teacher's Aide, Director, Floater"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time

Pros

Working with a diverse number of children in various community and different nationality.

Cons

Consistency of job placement was the downfall of working with the agency. It's not about the money.

Advice to Management

Remind the recruiters the importance of contacting individuals that are really willing to pursue the opportunity to work with the agency.

"We work with different preschool school"

Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Substitute Teacher in Hayward, CA

I have been working at ChildCare Careers part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You meet new people

Cons

They call you in the morning for a new job

Advice to Management

Answer your phone

"I enjoy this opportunity to work part time"

Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Teacher Assistant in San Antonio, TX

Pros

The flexible hours are great, they work perfect around my daily life schedule. / The experience you get in different schools and just to know you are making a difference in the children lives by being there

Cons

Every time you you go to an assignment is a challenge, but you learn something new and experience difference ways to be a better teacher the children can look up too

Advice to Management

Dislike that we have to mail in our time cards. Another thing is I know alot of us would rather just be called once a week to see if we are available for the week. Lately haven't been receiving my daily morning calls aswell.