Childcare Network Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Cotter

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours and low pay for admin--must truly love kids to stick with it (in 9 reviews)

• Poor management from the assistant director all the way to the district manager (in 5 reviews)

"Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Nicholasville, KY
    Former Employee - Lead Toddler Teacher in Nicholasville, KY

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Children are great and they do offer insurance if you can afford it.

Cons

No bathroom breaks, pay is terrible, can't call in sick (they will not let you leave even if you are throwing up), always understaffed, directors do not care about the employees, overworked, facility will not pay for anything, and horrible communication!

Advice to Management

Treat employees how you would like to be treated.

2. "Drug texting needed"

Former Freelancer - Lead Preschool Teacher in Greensboro, NC
    Former Freelancer - Lead Preschool Teacher in Greensboro, NC

Pros

I seen employee leaving company smoking dope. That mean drug been in the parking lot of the day care. I'm going to turn her in. I high think you need to do drug texting.

Cons

This is about the children. How do we let people be in charge of children we they are on drugs that aren't legal. Do something about it.

Advice to Management

207 school have a problem. I'm turning everything over to the right people. I hope Corp. do something about this. Im going to the TV station first. It not all the employees that doing this. We had so many children be missed lead be adults being on drugs or alcohol. If you can't do something about it I am. Starting today

"Unreal, Unorganized, and Uncaring"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Fort Worth, TX
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Fort Worth, TX

Pros

There really are no pros, except maybe the hours are somewhat decent, and you may receive a childcare discount

Cons

Overwhelming workload-16 toddlers is to many
    Horrible management-who broke state rules anytime they felt it would make it easier for them
    Horrible food-they crap they feed the kids smells worse than the pee smelling center
    No Regularly done duties-each day there is supposed to be bleach water made to clean with but it was rarely done so you where just told to clean with what you had (baby wipes???) So the classroom never really got clean.
    No breaks-you could call for a bathroom break and still be waiting 45 minutes so good luck
    Poor pay-even with experience they paid me minimum wage, and offered me a mear 25 percent off my sons tuition, and still stuck him in my class even after telling that I did not want to work in his classroom, so I was paying to watch my own kid....and he was having such a hard time adjusting and with me in and out of his class it was extra hard
    I hated my time there I felt disrespected my management, both as an employee and a parent because my some came there with me....on top of 13 hour days, low pay and high turnover I only lasted a month. My son and i were so happy to be done with this place. Watagua Texas Location

Advice to Management

Pay better and respect your employees and students more. Dont violate state rules just to make your life easier especially when it puts the entire center at risk.

Childcare Network Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you had a poor experience and felt disrespected; as an organization,our focus is on our employees and children. We strive to stay in compliance with ... More

"Assistant Teacher"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Gastonia, NC
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Gastonia, NC

Pros

Children off weekends some staff

Cons

Directors their attitudes way they disrespect their staff

Advice to Management

Get better directors with better attitudes

6. "Do not recommend"

Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Bryant, AR
    Former Employee - Teaching Assistant in Bryant, AR

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Career Opportunities
    Working with children
    Online courses provided.

Cons

The directors are horrible. No cameras. Lack of trust. Very cliquey. Favors one teachers word over another, without any chance to explain the truth or even believe the truth you tell. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect. Listen to them when they try to tell you something and investigate a situation before firing a teacher for something they didn't do and ruining their life. Management should be caring and understanding and professional.

"Don't recommend for anyone to work or bring children"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gastonia, NC

I worked at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

Home cook food
    Transportation
    Great parents
    Camras

Cons

Drama
    Rude directors
    Disorganized
    Too many children in a classroom not enough teachers
    Not enough supplies in classroom
    Don't use cirrculum
    Strict when it comes to parents being in the classroom not really an open door policy
    No privacy when it comes to the children as far as like the walls are open therefore if children are being loud babies can't sleep

Advice to Management

Be more professional and Less ghetto

8. "Do NOT work here."

Former Employee - School-Age Teacher in Wilmington, NC
    Former Employee - School-Age Teacher in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Childcare Network part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- None that really set it apart from any other childcare facility.

Cons

- Management will keep unruly and sometimes dangerous children enrolled just to keep numbers up. I myself was assaulted numerous times.

- Cameras present in classroom fail to notice staff-to-child physical abuse, but manage to catch you should you check a text message... Hmm...

- Low pay. No real support.

Advice to Management

Looking at a cellular phone does not prevent one from doing their job. Treat your staff like adults.

"McDonald's of Childcare Industry"

Former Employee - VPK Teacher in Crestview, FL
    Former Employee - VPK Teacher in Crestview, FL

I worked at Childcare Network (More than a year)

Pros

great kids! Decent summer field trips for older kids.

Cons

all about the bottom line numbers rather than providing quality care. Did not hire qualified staff nor allow cameras in classrooms for parents and for teacher accountability. High teacher turnover which affected the children.

10. "Teacher"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gulf Breeze, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gulf Breeze, FL

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working with the children and their families. I truly feel like the working parents best friend. I love teaching and working with the children.

Cons

Long hours, usually pretty often with turnover rates. It can be tough, and it is not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Communication with employees about changes that will affect them and the hours they will or will not have to work. More professionalism in the work place among staff.

11. "Not a good daycare"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Ooltewah, TN
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Ooltewah, TN

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the kids and the schedule. It was great I always got to bring my son with me.

Cons

The management at the facility I was working at was immature, acted like she was 16 and talked about everyone to anyone. The director was never there when needed always at "another school" helping when her school needed attention. She hires kids that didn't want to work. Has multiple employees that have abused the kids and won't fire them.

Advice to Management

Grow up and get a backbone and realize you are working with the other people's children and need to take care of them