Childcare Network Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Scott Cotter

Pros
Cons
  • Low pay at all levels of employment (in 8 reviews)

• Poor management from the assistant director all the way to the district manager (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Family Oriented"

Pros

Fun atmosphere, faith based curriculum very fun and close knit, paid holidays off. Weekends off. And paid training

Cons

Never get out on time, mandatory over time if the staff doesn't show up. If it's too much staff you have to leave early

Advice to Management

Hire people with better credentials and experience rather than people just looking for some money OE a check.

Childcare Network Response

Dec 2, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for your review! We will continue to strive to hire the very best staff for our schools.Your feedback is helpful as we are always open to ideas from our staff that will help us provide a ... More

2. "I enjoyed the kids. I love working in a postive work places."

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Childcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having a goal as a team in a work places in other words good leadership and benefiting from the kids watching them grow..

Cons

if you have kids trying to blance work and time with them but also getting days off was hard

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Encourages new ideas and strategies to better the company and the work environment. You're not tied down to one way of doing something and everyone is open to new ideas. Very good at providing positive feedback as well as constructive criticism.

Cons

Since it is a growing business, the current corporate office is too small for the number of employees. But they are currently working on relocating to a bigger building.

5. "Love my Job, Love the Company!"

Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Although large in size of employees and wide spread, being part of the organization feels like you are part of a family. Each department within the company truly cares about what they do and each school and director cares about the children in their care, the families and their staff. You have the ability to really grow here and to really make a difference!

Cons

Being a company that is very forward moving, we tend to wear a lot of hats. To some, that may be frustrating, but if you like to work hard and help as much as you can, then it is exciting.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

6. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Childcare Network offers educational opportunities with room for growth. It also offers a comfortable work environment. I have learned many different skills that will help me throughout my career. I couldn't think of a better place to work. I love what I do and have fun doing it.

Cons

Sometimes when there is a change it is hard to adapt and it makes the job challenging. More team building activities would be a plus.

7. "Working here is fun, and I learn something new everyday."

Current Employee - Childcare in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Childcare in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Childcare Network part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some of the best reasons of working here is, that I meet new people all the time, I spend time with a lot of children, and I love the attachment/bond that I have developed with the children.

Cons

The downsides of working here are rare, because the people that I work with are respectful, nice and have great potential and that's something I enjoy being around, its my motivation to reach my future goals.

Advice to Management

My advice is pretty much the same for anyone, and that is to trust yourself with the decisions you make, and that in order to receive respect you have to give it.

8. "Lead Pre-K Teacher"

Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher
    Current Employee - Lead Pre-k Teacher

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

Positively influencing the children, the opportunity to teach without the pressure of standardized testing, caring and cooperative co-workers

Cons

Lesser benefits, lack of retirement plans, and lower pay than what's offered by state school systems

Advice to Management

Fight for benefits comparable to those of a school system for your degreed, high-achieving staff members as an incentive to retain those educators and not experience the constant high turnover rates

9. "Owner and Operator of Simply Nice Childcare Home"

Current Employee - Daycare Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Daycare Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The best reasons to work at Simply Nice daycare is because I work for myself and I get to put a smile on children face everyday. I get to set my own hours and communicate with parent on a daily basis how their child is progressing.

Cons

I work with children daily and only have children interactions for days. Ready for a career change. I have been is the childcare business for over 10years.

Advice to Management

I am a hard worker ready for a change. I never worked in retail but I have strong feeling I can learn the job and do it very well. I have only had three jobs in my life but I have succeed in those jobs. I never had interview but I have confidence that if you hire me I will be one of the best employees you have ever had.

10. "Lead Teacher in Infant room"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher of Infant Room in Phenix City, AL
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher of Infant Room in Phenix City, AL

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

Enjoy working with children. Love to see children smiling,laughing and caring for other. I

Cons

I haven't had a raise yet. Been with the company for 11yrs. Still making $7.75 that's the all downside I have with this company .

Advice to Management

Hard work willing to work and learned how to get along with other.

11. "Loved Working Here"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Auburn, AL

I worked at Childcare Network (Less than a year)

Pros

Under great management. Policies and procedures places the children as top priority. Decent pay and hours.

Cons

No complaints on Childcare Network