Childcare Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 21, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Long hours and low pay for admin--must truly love kids to stick with it (in 15 reviews)

• There are no cons with this company (in 9 reviews)

"Disgruntled and Disappointed"

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

I can think of only one pro for working for this company in Columbus, Ga. The only thing that is decent is the hours.

Cons

The con are numerous. The pay is terrible, it is a chaotic environment and the corporate officers want the employees to fear and shake in their tracks when they come to visit. The curriculum is out of date and inappropriate for children living in today's world.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. Stop acting like you are superior to employees. You are not any better or educated than the employees.

2. "Asst Director"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Columbus, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Columbus, GA

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Love working for the company and the teachers are great

Cons

Do get the supplies we need. Haven't got a raise in years. To much work and requirements and no pay.

Advice to Management

The company makes plenty of money. They should look into who is doing there job and pay a little more or also give the Asst Directors a bonus like the Directors ! We play a big part in the budget!

3. "Master Teacher"

Current Employee - Two's Master Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Two's Master Teacher in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love working at Childcare Network. This have been the best place I've worked where all employees get along and have a good time at work while providing exceptional care. Benefits: paid Vacation, dental, medical, vision and more, holiday off and pay... this is like I said the best place to start your career! Paid training and they pay for all of your professional growth courses ...if you want your cda...they'll pay for it...you have unlimited access to all courses all you have to do is...do it!

Cons

If the center is low on children, management sends employees home, but some employees like it and some dont.

Advice to Management

Find a solution for when the center is low on kids so that workers aren't sent home earlier before their shift is complete.

4. "Assistant Teacher"

I worked at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

Enjoy free trainings and working with children!

Cons

Horrible staff management during my time there.

"Not a happy former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Pros

Only good thing happened there to me was the friendships I made with some of the co workers

Cons

Childcare network out hamburg Lexington ky is not the place I would ever want to work at again to much favoritism goes on there the management is horrible when I had my last day of working there I was treated very bad I have never felt so disrespected at a job until I started working at childcare network

Advice to Management

What was done there to me I hope you never do it to anyone else !!!

"Childcare Network Needs Help"

I worked at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

I loved working with the kids and getting close to them.

Cons

Childcare Network isn't a place I would enroll my child into. Why? Cameras tend to mess up and parents wouldn't be able to see their child while at work or at home. Yes, #258 believes in background checks but I do not trust teachers around my child.

Advice to Management

Management is very poor. Their not respectful to their staff at all. They also need more teamwork and honesty in building #258 on Alsheyba Way. Lexington, KY. Their is way too much favoritism at this daycare.

7. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job! This is a great company to work for

Cons

I do not have any cons

"center employee"

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working first hand with all the families and staff!
    Having an amazing boss and co workers is why I am still here!

Cons

Pay is low and not a lot of appreciation is showed to the directors and teachers. We are the company inside the schools and no appreciation is showed!

Advice to Management

Pay more and upper management show more appreciation to the staff inside the schools. Its because of our hard work, love, sweat and dedication that this is all possible, inside the centers is where it all starts and we are less appreciated and way under payed! I understand not starting off with high pay, but when you are dedicated year after year pay should increase yearly. More Incentive's, and I mean real incentive's. We cannot even have good Christmas parties ($10 per employee, Privately, small owned bushiness do better then that) or appreciation without paying out of our own pockets but the corporate office can rent big rooms at the Marriott to show appreciation. I understand it takes us all to make this company successful but, without us in the schools loving, caring and keeping these parents and children safe and happy there is NO Childcare Network, we make this company and we are treated so unfairly! We have some amazing people in our chain and upper management but, Childcare Network is by far one of the wealthiest, greediest companies ever. At Childcare Network we can do better, because when it comes to childcare we are the BEST!! How do you not expect a turn around in staff all the time when you do not require yearly raises because then the director will be shorted money and stress even harder because of the amount of money you all require each school to profit! Also Scott Cotter is amazing, never been anything but professional, nice, kind and genuine, we just have to respect and treat our directors and teachers better! I mean can all of you upper management do what we do in the schools day in and day out? With very little pay and insurance not worth having? Without us there is no you, appreciate us all more!

9. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Childcare Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees have an amazing spirit. I love working with everyone of them. They make you feel comfortable and always willing to help. The directors will do anything to help you succeed in the field. Directors are always there for you when you need someone to talk to.

Cons

Very unorganized. Directors seem to be all over the place at times. Short staffed (way more kids than teachers). Pay is not that great.

Advice to Management

Make sure that there are enough teachers for the amount of kids coming in. It adds more stress to the teachers.

10. "childcare provider"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I worked at Childcare Network full-time

Pros

the children, the parents, and the co-workers

Cons

being able to be off work with pay, if someone else is off work on the same day, only one person will get paid.

Advice to Management

come up with better way of your time off procedure. work on a better way for your employees to work when the daycare is low on childcare. no work, no pay