Children Of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Jim Perretty

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Upper management likes to work with the parents and with the staff (in 3 reviews)

• They make you feel like family and that the work we do is important and valuable (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Restructuring of upper management almost weekly (in 9 reviews)

• I've worked for corporately owned child care centers for over 10 years (in 5 reviews)

"I've been with the company for almost a year now & it has been a blessing."

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Glen Allen, VA
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Glen Allen, VA

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have the pleasure of working with some truly talented teachers.

I'm fortunate to be able to work with some wonderful families.

Cons

I really don't have any cons. Some of the reviews I have been reading have mentioned a lot of turnover. Any early child care facility has turnover, that's just the nature of the job.

Advice to Management

The management at my location does their best to work with if they can.

2. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Children Of America full-time

Pros

The children are the best part of the job

Cons

The staff are very unorganized

Advice to Management

Get more organization

3. "Preschool Teacher"

I worked at Children Of America full-time

Pros

Had good supplies for teachers and well equipped locations

Cons

Was not run by teachers but more business processionals. Made it hard to express teaching concerns outside of a corporate level.

4. "Assistant teacher"

Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Teaching Assistant in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management
    Great co-workers
    Great parents who appreciate you
    Great resources
    Health insurance
    Paid vacations
    Paid holidays
    Equal opportunity employer
    USDA food program
    Child health and safety
    Parent-teacher interaction

Since being at COA I have seen a complete 180 in my work ethic I love going to work. COA has shown me I am capable of so much more than I used to give myself credit for. Management truly cares for their employees I was out sick with a medical emergency and my director wanted nothing more than to make sure I was okay. My co-workers are all obviously there for the children not just for money you can tell they love to see their students excell. COA management wants nothing but for you to do well and build your teaching career offering classes for your CDA OR working with your schedule so you can go to school. The school makes sure they are culturally diverse and not just in their attendence but it making sure children learn that everyone on the inside is the same which I think is very important. COA pays major attention to the health needs and benefits of the children whether it be diet restricted or something life altering they are always 110% on top of the ball to make sure the child is healthy and safe and that all their needs are met. Management and staff have direct contact with parents via tadpoles so we are able to update parents right away if something is off with your son or daughter or you just want to see the fun things they're up to that day.

Cons

There are none at all.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about your staff.. Kara is an amazing director, Colleen is an excellent assistant director and Jane who started the school and is now in corporate even takes the time to get to know staff.

5. "Rude"

Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Smithtown, NY
    Former Employee - Teacher Assistant in Smithtown, NY

I worked at Children Of America part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to interact with different ages, New borns-School age. The kids are sweet and understanding, if you as a teacher knows how to get them to listen to you like how they listen to their parents.

Cons

They are very strict about who they hire. They hire mostly females because some of the parents don't want a male looking after their child. If you mess up twice, you get written up both times. Then the third time you mess up, they fire you. They don't really give you the chance to say your side of the story, they go with what the parent says, even if it's not true. They are bullies.

"Awesome Company to work for!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Oak Creek, WI
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Oak Creek, WI

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Children of america is an "Awesome company to work for. They encourage you to further your education by teaming up with T.E.A.C.H program. They support their staff and help them succeed. I have been with the company for 5 years and have advanced my career with in the company with awesome support from staff and upper management.I enjoy going to work everyday and wouldn't want to work anywhere else!! From the people at corporate to management with in the center they make you feel appreciated. The way that the company works with our families and the potential families is awesome they listen to the families needs and try to make things work for everyone.. I give them an A++++++++ rating..

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything bad to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing..

Children Of America Response

Jul 24, 2017 – VP Marketing

Thank you for your positive words. Advancement and communication within the company, is something we focus on and extend to all personnel. We are proud to have you part of the COA team.

"Excellent company !!!"

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent company !!! I love my job and love the company. I have been in the early childhood field for many years. Everyone has the same passion I do about working with children. I love the curriculum. I can't say enough great things.

Cons

none I can think of right now

8. "Supportive and fun Environment"

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working in a fun company that allows us to work for the children and do whats in their best interest. The support we receive when we need assistance in the centers is great!

Cons

I have non at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to support your team, Thanks for being a great company

9. "Love This Company!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Children of America has been a supportive, encouraging company from day one. They truly do care about their employees and it shows each and every day. They make you feel like family and that the work we do is important and valuable. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

Cons

like any job, the hours can be long at times.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work. Your employees appreciate all that you do for them

10. "Spectacular Company to Work For"

Current Employee - DIrector of Acquisitions in Delray Beach, FL
    Current Employee - DIrector of Acquisitions in Delray Beach, FL

I have been working at Children Of America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Happy with the professionalism displayed by all departments within our organizations. Our office works as a team with respectability, dedication and a clear vision of positive end results. Our CEO, Jim Perretty has been a pleasure to work with. He is extremely approachable and takes an interest in all aspects of your career with COA. He works hand in hand with all departments on a daily basis.

Cons

There are no cons for me. Great family like atmosphere within the office.

Children Of America Response