Children's Creativity Museum Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 19, 2017

4.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Learning Experience"

Former Intern - C I T Y Guide Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - C I T Y Guide Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Children's Creativity Museum as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

At the time I was employed as a C.I.T.Y. Guide Intern through their teen program I had a positive experience. The program implements creativity with different activities, workshops and outings.

Cons

Since it is a non-profit organization, I believe this program got cut by the museum.

2. "Great Environment & Learning"

Former Intern - Education Intern in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Education Intern in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Children's Creativity Museum as an intern (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good chance to work with children, learn new teaching techniques, flexible scheduling, good staff, conveniently located

Cons

Mentors can be hit or miss, some staff members take their positions way too seriously, occasional lulls with with little to do, cleaning duties, scrub work, some tasks are important but do not teach interns any skills they can transfer to another job

Advice to Management

Stop treating little things as though they are life and death situations, possibly start a transportation cost reimbursement program

"Loved it"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Children's Creativity Museum as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great participation within all aspects of the museum; your opinion and work is took into consideration and extremely valued. I loved everyone who worked there, and not every day is the same. I mean you work with kids every day, of course it's going to be fun

Cons

Lots of hours needed with no pay.

Advice to Management

offer more paid internships

4. "Education Intern at the Children's Creativity Museum"

Current Employee - Education Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Education Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Children's Creativity Museum (Less than a year)

Pros

Creative, fun and educational experience. Everyone at the museum is fully involved and accepted as an integral part of the museums daily functions. There is always room to grow and feedback with full-time staff is encouraged. Schedule was very flexible. Working with kids!

Cons

Not sure how much availability there is for a position with benefits.

5. "Fantastic experience with kids and parents in helping their minds open and explore their imaginations."

Current Intern - Volunteer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Volunteer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Children's Creativity Museum as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

High energy co-workers to get the kids excited about learning, clear and direct tasks given that I was able to achieve, was able to assist in coordinating events.

Cons

The only con is that there aren't any open positions that pay. (I'm volunteering currently)

Advice to Management

Put more effort into showing your staff more recognition for the amazing jobs that they're doing! You have a wonderful team and it just feels as though they're not appreciated enough and could be causing resentment, which will ultimately lead to flaws in your core foundation. They deserve all the praise in the world for their fantastic efforts.

6. "Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Children's Creativity Museum part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You learn a lot being an intern with Zeum. The director was cool, although he was awkward at times and allows you to do pretty much whatever you want.

Cons

Since it often times felt like I was a babysitter at times and it was unpaid, I found myself being less motivated every day. Zeum should compensate!

Advice to Management

keep it up

7. "good"

I have been working at Children's Creativity Museum part-time

Pros

easy, good work environment, creative

Cons

nothing so far everything is ok

8. "Good Mission, Employee Experience Unsatisfactory"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Children's Creativity Museum as an intern

Pros

The atmosphere at the museum is great. Friendly people, great exhibits and nice staff. Kids are fun to work with and it's great training to work in various spaces in the museum each day. It's a new experience everyday! Lots of different people come in to visit.

Cons

As fun as it is, working at the museum is both very emotionally and physically exhausting. I understand it's a nonprofit organization, but interns are given very few things to excite them about working there. Only the receptionists and full time staff are paid. Working with the children is essentially 'the reward.' No pay, no stuff given out, not enough appreciation for the hard work put into your daily shift. You will go home most days feeling unappreciated.

Advice to Management

If you can't offer pay, swag or free stuff would make us feel appreciated!