Children's Healthcare of Atlanta Reviews

Donna W. Hyland
  1. Featured Review

"Children's Review"

Current Employee - Patient Care Specialist

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta part-time for more than a year

Pros

An amazing place to work and the staff is beyond friendly and helpful! They truly care for the children and families by providing integrative and interdisciplinary care.

Cons

There are no cons.

2. "Dispelling Myths"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked for Children's for almost five years. This organization expects top performance from all its employees - that is what makes this place great. I am challenged every day to continue learning and progressing in my career. If you are not driven and eager to be a top performer, no, you may not like what the Executive Team expects of our employees. If that is the case, I think it may be best that you find employment elsewhere. Children's stands for excellence in every thing that we do - we have to for the precious kids we serve every day. Our jobs, both clinical and non-clinical, require us to spend time in the office, boots on the ground, to do what we need to do. If you are looking for something with more options to work from home, this just may not be the company for you. The people that I observe are the most successful at Children's, do whatever is needed to get the job done because that is the right thing to do if you TRULY believe in our mission.

Cons

None at this time. I believe our leaders are doing the best they can with the cards they've been dealt.

Continue reading

3. "A Great Place To Work"

5.0

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

Leadership is great and responsive to employees' needs.

Cons

Management takes the the " all jobs are the same" mentality too fare, in respect to Work From Home.

"Missed Priorities"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growing organization which allows for new experiences and learning opportunities.

Cons

Priorities seem to be changing and not in a positive way. Focus is more on funding new buildings with frivolous resources taking away from the focus on people. If you want to become leaders in service and quality then your #1 priority needs to be your employees. Attracting top talent with competitive pay, rewarding performance (and correcting under performers), and retaining talent is the biggest priority. Unfortunately the mentality seems to now be "If you want to leave so be it, we will be fine and can find another warm body to fill your place."

5. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Patient Care Technician in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great benefits, great leadership, high-class healthcare, and amazing co-workers

Cons

Overly strict expectations sometimes. Some staff members can be a bit condescending, but overall a great place.

6. COVID-19

"Poor response to covid and disconnected leadership"

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time

Pros

Mission of serving children. Great colleagues.

Cons

No regard for safety or wellbeing of staff which became even more apparent during Covid-19. Gave no reasons for taking away the option to work from home part time in general or during the pandemic. Did not ask staff for feedback before spending money on expensive building but later laid off and furloughed several people. Leadership more concerned with image than health of staff.

7. "Good Place to Work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Coordinator

Pros

Great work life balance, dedicated team members, great mission!

Cons

Difficult movement within the company

8. "great place!"

4.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time for more than a year

Pros

great staff, excellent pay, loved it

Cons

understaffed on some of the days

"Out Of Touch Leaders"

2.0
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great place for kids to receive care.

Cons

Antiquated policies and practices. While most companies encourage remote working options, CHOA is building a new facility to ensure their employees are all onsite. No growth potential. If you're not clinical staff, no opportunity for tuition reimbursement or continuous learning opportunities. Pay is not competitive. The culture is "not what you know, but who you know". Promotions are based on popularity and relationships, not knowledge or skill sets.

Continue reading
  10. "Dynamic and evolving organization"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Atlanta, GA

Pros

An exceptional CEO , Chief Medical Officer and General Counsel are among the strong leaders at Children's navigating through the many challenges faced in healthcare. Beautiful, new, state of the art administrative building with standing desk option for all, individual laptops and opportunity to work inside or outside in spaces away from your desk, and ample free parking. Flexible schedule within reason. Comprehensive benefit package. Dedicated, helpful co-workers.

Cons

Currently, no work from home options. Health and wellness activities are offered regularly; however, individual workloads and whether individuals are hourly or salaried may make it hard for some to participate.

Found 657 reviews