Children’s Home Society of Florida "low pay" Reviews | Glassdoor

Children’s Home Society of Florida Employee Reviews about "low pay"

Updated Jul 15, 2019

Found 187 reviews

3.2
Michael J. Shaver
Pros
Cons
  • "It can be difficult to feel effective as a "ground work" employee when a majority of the big decisions have to be made by upper management(in 16 reviews)

• "low pay, long hours, little room to grow(in 13 reviews)

Reviews about "low pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Overworked underpaid"

Former Employee - Dependency Case Manager

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great team and supervisor will make or break you.

Cons

Low pay, unrealistic expectations

Advice to Management

Lower case loads, better supervisors and better pay

Children’s Home Society of Florida2019-05-14

Children’s Home Society of Florida Response

May 20, 2019Chief Talent Officer

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're committed to creating an open, transparent and collaborative environment for our team members -- your input helps us continue our work toward becoming the Employer of Choice in social services. We appreciate you and all the good you've done ...

"residential shift lead"

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

helping children in many aspects through the state of Florida positive objective caring staff many services and programs

Cons

low pay unstable hours residential department left out of many functions and communications lack of consistency for staff and children

Advice to Management

Promises of pay increases should not be made if they can not be guaranteed. Staff at all levels should not be spread so thin that integrity of the programs is compromised.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2018-08-30

"Not worth it... save your time!!!"

Former Employee - Clinical Counselor in Orlando, FL

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Support staff very nice and supportive

Cons

-Low pay -long hours/ requires bringing home work -high stress -No room for growth -high turnover rate

Children’s Home Society of Florida2018-04-26

Children’s Home Society of Florida Response

May 3, 2018Chief Talent Officer

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We're working hard to create a CHS where we can help create positive change for Florida's kids and families who need us. And we appreciate all you've done to help in that regard. Best wishes.

4. "Clinical Counselor with Clinical Services"

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time

Pros

great supervision and peers, travel reimbursement, phone and computer supplied

Cons

low pay, long hours, little room to grow

Children’s Home Society of Florida2017-11-04

"Don't work here if you have any better options"

Former Employee - Licensed Clinical Counselor

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Flexible hours - Hires unlicensed counselors

Cons

I was employed with CHS for three years and so happy to leave the company. Unfortunately, I believe much of the management care more about people wrong them "do good" than actually doing it. It is a high stress job with low pay, large caseloads, and little support from management. You will not move up in the company unless you are willing to scapegoat others and look the other...

Advice to Management

Start living more by your motto. Care more about your client population and your employees than getting money and having a good reputation (which, by the way, you don't.) Look into why your staff retention percentage is so small.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2017-10-27
  6. "Organization does great work, but has overowkred employees"

Current Employee - Development

Pros

Great cause, good people with big hearts

Cons

High workload, low pay (top heavy), lots of changes and uncertainty, under staffed

Advice to Management

Distribute pay more evenly, un-burden staff with high workloads by hiring more people or distributing workflow better, more communication from top

Children’s Home Society of Florida2017-06-26

"The instituion is great, but upper management is not supportive with Supervisors."

Former Employee - Program Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The agency's mission, working with families who truly need services, home visiting staff, supervising staff who are so committed as Family Support Workers, having supportive co-workers as other supervisors and the Program Managers for Healthy Families.

Cons

The low pay, political attitude of the upper management where they promotes their friends, blaming others during audits, low raises, upper management not caring enough for their employees, stressful job, micro-managing the supervisors and having them give accountability of every minute of their day, bringing on low employee morale, dissatisfaction in the job, and promoting to...

Advice to Management

Listen to staff, do not blame and take some ownership of the problem as a true leader, promote supervisors who have been loyal to the company and worked hard for over 10 years, supervisors who know the program best-promote them, give support to supervisors and Program managers, and most of all do not micro-manage.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2016-12-21

"High Turnover Rate"

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Helps families in distress. Good vacation and sick benefits

Cons

Low pay, long hours, no appreciation from management and a lttle less than a 40% yearly turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees and the hard work that they do.

Children’s Home Society of Florida2016-11-09
  9. "Low Pay"

Current Employee - Case Manager

I have been working at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than a year

Pros

Connecting with children, advocating for them.

Cons

Low Pay, Need a good boss to stick around

Children’s Home Society of Florida2016-10-13
  10. "3.5"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Children’s Home Society of Florida full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Meaningful work - Room to move around to different roles - Passionate people - Understand with family/work balance for the most part

Cons

- People who don't work are not held accountable, which puts a strain on the rest of the team - Seems to be a lack of respect between teams (some jobs feel and act like their job is more important than anybody else's without any regard to the hard work all teams commit to). - Low pay

Children’s Home Society of Florida2016-05-02