Children's Hospital & Medical Center Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Children's Hospital & Medical Center CEO Dr. Richard Azizkhan
Dr. Richard Azizkhan
Pros
Cons
  • "A very tough work environment when it comes to balancing a personal life with work(in 3 reviews)

• "High Turnover (Traveling RN's now needed due to it)(in 2 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Come to Children's, Stay for Life"

Current Employee - Supervisor, Technical Training in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Children's is such an amazing place to work, from the staff, leadership, and especially our patients and families. Such a positive group!

Cons

Children's is growing so are going through those common growing pains. Growth is also a good thing since it also brings a certain level of job security.

Advice to Management

Compensation tends to trail behind other competitive organizations so we lose good people due to salary discrepancies.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2019-01-16

"Still a political corporate environment......"

Current Employee - Reimbursement Specialist in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Somewhat flexible in their scheduling, can make up missed hours on occasion without getting in trouble. Benefits are good and there are a variety of them, but the deductibles are still high even when you don't choose the high deductible health plan. Tuition reimbursement is available. They don't charge you a copay to have your children seen at any of their facilities, including the ER.

Cons

They will not negotiate pay no matter how much experience you have for the position. Negative overtones in the work environment, almost hostile. All HR policies are based on nurse staffing requirements and needs rather than considering that not all employees are nurses and non-essential departments outside of nursing shouldn't be held to those requirements. Tuition reimbursement is minimal compared to the actual...

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better regardless of how "great" the benefits are. The money we take home every two weeks still needs to be enough to pay our bills. Don't taut about having such a great benefits package when you're opting to raise the premiums and deductibles every year without raising our wages enough to compensate for it. Newsflash! Your employees with families aren't making enough to survive in this market! Not...

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2019-05-09
  3. "Outstanding Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Going through a lot of growth right now, but still feels like a family oriented place to work with great "values."

Cons

Not much. Communication sometimes takes awhile to trickle down to front line employees.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-06-27
  4. "Poor managers"

Former Employee - Sterile Processing Technician in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The co-workers are outstanding. They try to support, uplift and guide each other to complete the mission. The overall organization has a wonderful goal and great benefits.

Cons

The managers in Material Management lack knowledge and the ability to guide, communicate and support their workers. The turn over is ridiculous and yet they still have no clue on why. There are a lot of great people who leave because of the manager. As a manager, discussing fellow workers to subordinates is not ok and bullying in the work place from management is happening quite often. Human Resources has continued...

Advice to Management

An outside perspective may be needed to change the mindset of current management. Education, training is greatly needed if you want the entire area to succeed and support the mission of the organization.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-07-03
  5. ":D"

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time

Pros

great place to work, would recommend.

Cons

Can be demanding at times, dependent on pt census.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-06-09
  6. "Amazing company to work for!"

Former Employee - Patient Access Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Everyone has high spirits, great team work, always willing to help each other out, awesome company goals and vision. Love seeing patients get better and grow! Some of the best doctors and nurses in the world work here! Some amazing things happen here!

Cons

Access department management. Extremely high turnover. Power trip. Acts like every little thing is a huge problem. Things that shouldn’t be a big problem are. Constantly changing the rules, is rude to employees and belittles them. Completely unethical.

Advice to Management

Many employees are unhappy.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-04-02

Children's Hospital & Medical Center Response

April 2, 2018Talent Sourcing Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your insights about Children's, and we agree - amazing things happen at Children's and we have world-class team members. We value open and honest communication and although you are no longer employed at Children's we encourage you to reach out to the Employee ...

7. "MA"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

the job fulfillment is amazing, everyone is welcoming, encouraging and willing to work with you on any matter.

Cons

Not really a con. If you are a timid person you've got to get past that, bc everyone you encounter will expect direct honesty, and if you can't express this, they will presume you are doing great and don't need help. Just ask for help if you need it! they want you to feel independent. No micro managing.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-03-05
  8. "RN"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Children's Hospital & Medical Center part-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Children's does an excellent job of taking care of their employees! There's also the fact that you get to work with some really awesome kids!

Cons

When a child you are close to passes away. It's heartbreaking

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-02-28

"RN"

Current Employee - BSN in Omaha, NE

Pros

Pay is good. Many opportunities to move within the company. Benefits available for part time employees. The company employs very competent people.

Cons

Employee turnover is high. When a clinic is short 2-4 staff members for over a year and the remaining employees are under pressure to keep up and do, they believe that clinic does not need to be fully staffed because they busted their hind ends off to get the job done. Administration is out of touch with what happens within the clinics and continue to add more responsibilities to the employees without providing additional...

Advice to Management

Come work a month in our shoes and figure out how to keep your employees happy and in your employ.

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-02-11
  10. "Good place to work...only if you are a nurse"

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Omaha, NE

Pros

I like that we are able to work with children. The specialty clinics are full of knowledgeable doctors. They work well with each other to provide patient with the best care and outcome possible.

Cons

If you do not have a nursing degree, children's does not offer very many incentives and opportunities for advancement. Recognitions and management options require a bachelor's degree in nursing before you would be considered.

Advice to Management

Provide options for advancement for those whom do not want to go into nursing but have great management and communication skills

Children's Hospital & Medical Center2018-01-24