Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Reviews in Pennsylvania | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia President and CEO Steven M. Altschuler
Steven M. Altschuler

Cons

1. "Its been a great learning experience!"

Current Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Started part time and was able to work up to full time
    gained research experiences
    gained clinical experiences

Cons

The Hospital has more resources for those that work in the hospital, little resources for the research department

2. "Amazing place"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing and inspiring staff. Definitely the best and brightest in the country and I am honored to work with them. You will see amazing thing, but also heartbreaking things; be prepared! My co workers are like my second family!

Cons

There is not as much interdisciplinary communication as I am used to. Not sure if medical people value nursing staff. Docs are not very independent and seem to need a lot of support from nursing staff to function; they don't seem to be able to "do" anything for themselves an it appears they want to be waited on by nursing staff and they do not really act thankful for the assistance. Pay for nursing is poor...much more money is being offered in Wilmington De (the "other" children's hospital) and they have free parking!

Advice to Management

Please increase nursing salaries across the board, you are not keeping up with your competition!

3. "Office Coordinator"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Diverse patient population, difference you make in patient lives, wealth of knowledge available on array of diagnosis

Cons

Many advocate that employees further education but make it impossible to advance in the organization. One's title is the driving force to get things done. Some employees are very disrespectful to one another. In certain departments money is the ultimate focus.

Advice to Management

Treat others like you would want to be treated. Do not assign task that have nothing to do with a employees position. Stand firm in each policy don't bend or make exceptions for certain patients as it is not fair. Be kind to everyone no matter what your title is

5. "Hands of God on this place"

Current Employee - Building Maintenance in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Building Maintenance in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place great people great food

Cons

no parking, trangender workers, they let me go

6. "Like it!!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice managers, positive, encouraging, team players

Cons

None, none, none, none, and none

Advice to Management

None

7. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Former Contractor - Writer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Contractor - Writer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience working at CHOP was nothing less than positive. Everyone was professional, friendly, and welcoming, and my boss was unwaveringly supportive and encouraging. Every person and every department works together to make CHOP what it is: the best children's hospital in the country. I feel proud and lucky to have been able to work there.

Cons

I did not have any negative experience working at CHOP.

8. "Clinical research manager"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

There is potential for growth, job security, and great benefits. It's a fast growing organization with multiple jobs available to apply

Cons

Slow on-boarding process and not flexible about alternative work arrangements, low availability of part time positions, management is rather conservative

Advice to Management

Please look outside of the box and try to capture internal talent

9. "Overall, Good Company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are solid; obviously the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia reputation that is helpful to have if you ever leave; most facilities are state-of-the-art

Cons

Red tape bureaucracy of a large company; one of hundreds of employees without an investment in personal wellbeing all of the time.

Advice to Management

Meet with staff individually and truly listen to their concerns, even if you cannot address all of them. We want to feel fully heard.

10. "Clinical Research Assistant"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time

Pros

Access to some of the best researchers in the country. Ability to work on complex projects with minimal work experience if you work hard and prove to be competent.

Cons

There are not many cons to working at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Sometimes, due to the fact that it is a large institution, there are delays in response from certain departments, but that is to be expected at a large hospital.

Advice to Management

I have had a wonderful experience so far at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia- not much advice to give!

11. "Excellent institution to work for."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The world's greatest doctors, nurses, sraff and researchers make up the best pediatric health network in the Philadelphia area. CHOP is everywhere. They've managed to be their own health network without being taken over by any other health system.

Cons

Having a reputation for being the best pediatric health network in the Philadelphia area, you can't get too comfortable thinking that reputation alone will continue without hard work.