Children's Hospital of Philadelphia Reviews in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia President and CEO Steven M. Altschuler
Steven M. Altschuler

Cons

1. "Hands of God on this place"

Current Employee - Building Maintenance in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Building Maintenance in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place great people great food

Cons

no parking, trangender workers, they let me go

2. "Office Coordinator"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Upper Darby, PA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Upper Darby, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Diverse patient population, difference you make in patient lives, wealth of knowledge available on array of diagnosis

Cons

Many advocate that employees further education but make it impossible to advance in the organization. One's title is the driving force to get things done. Some employees are very disrespectful to one another. In certain departments money is the ultimate focus.

Advice to Management

Treat others like you would want to be treated. Do not assign task that have nothing to do with a employees position. Stand firm in each policy don't bend or make exceptions for certain patients as it is not fair. Be kind to everyone no matter what your title is

3. "Like it!!"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice managers, positive, encouraging, team players

Cons

None, none, none, none, and none

Advice to Management

None

5. "Best Place I've Ever Worked"

Former Contractor - Writer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Contractor - Writer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience working at CHOP was nothing less than positive. Everyone was professional, friendly, and welcoming, and my boss was unwaveringly supportive and encouraging. Every person and every department works together to make CHOP what it is: the best children's hospital in the country. I feel proud and lucky to have been able to work there.

Cons

I did not have any negative experience working at CHOP.

6. "Clinical research manager"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Project Manager in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

There is potential for growth, job security, and great benefits. It's a fast growing organization with multiple jobs available to apply

Cons

Slow on-boarding process and not flexible about alternative work arrangements, low availability of part time positions, management is rather conservative

Advice to Management

Please look outside of the box and try to capture internal talent

7. "Overall, Good Company"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits are solid; obviously the Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia reputation that is helpful to have if you ever leave; most facilities are state-of-the-art

Cons

Red tape bureaucracy of a large company; one of hundreds of employees without an investment in personal wellbeing all of the time.

Advice to Management

Meet with staff individually and truly listen to their concerns, even if you cannot address all of them. We want to feel fully heard.

8. "Clinical Research Assistant"

Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Assistant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time

Pros

Access to some of the best researchers in the country. Ability to work on complex projects with minimal work experience if you work hard and prove to be competent.

Cons

There are not many cons to working at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Sometimes, due to the fact that it is a large institution, there are delays in response from certain departments, but that is to be expected at a large hospital.

Advice to Management

I have had a wonderful experience so far at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia- not much advice to give!

9. "Excellent institution to work for."

Current Employee - Office Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The world's greatest doctors, nurses, sraff and researchers make up the best pediatric health network in the Philadelphia area. CHOP is everywhere. They've managed to be their own health network without being taken over by any other health system.

Cons

Having a reputation for being the best pediatric health network in the Philadelphia area, you can't get too comfortable thinking that reputation alone will continue without hard work.

10. "Clinical Research Coordinator"

Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator I in Havertown, PA
    Former Employee - Clinical Research Coordinator I in Havertown, PA

I worked at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent mission and challenging work

Cons

Parking can be difficult

"The Best Children's Hospital in the country!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is family centered care. Highly competent physicians and nurses work together as a group to provide the best care to Children bringing happiness to their lives. Very well organized at several levels. Overall, you will be very happy to work her and feel privileged to be the part of something that one of the best in the world!

Cons

There is an academic pressure to perform and long bureaucratic processes to get relatively simple things done which can be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Think about making things simpler for your employees rather than complicating processes further.. As they say Keep it simple!