Childtime Learning Center Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Childtime Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with children is great and friendly atmosphere - great learning experience - great opportunity to grow and learn / (in 8 reviews)

• There is no weekend work, working with the children is great and always rewarding (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low low pay, even with a masters (in 16 reviews)

• Coworkers, random lunch breaks, schedules always change (in 3 reviews)

"Current employee at Childtime"

Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Lathrup Village, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher/Team Lead in Lathrup Village, MI

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance from teacher assistant up to management. I have done this. I started as assistant teacher to Team lead in 3 years. I am part of management now. I enjoy my job very much. I love giving tours to potential families. I love what I do and love to show it off to families. My passion shines through and it also shows in the children. I am now Teacher of the Year and very PROUD. Anything is possible. Love what you do and you will reap your rewards.

Cons

A downside is when a co-worker calls off and the staff all have to put in a little more work to compensate for that but it all works out.

Advice to Management

Keep up Staff morale which can be difficult at times but when you have happy and appreciated teachers the work environment just flows so nicely

2. "Great Place to work and move up in the Company!"

Current Employee - Assistant Director in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Director in Garland, TX

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Managment willing to teach you every aspect of the job, help with continuing education in Early Childhood, trainings, and able to transfer within the company if you move.

Cons

The health insurance could be a little better.

3. "A great place to work!"

Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI
    Former Employee - Assistant Teacher in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Childtime Learning Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really cared about the kids, our school director was directly involved in learning plans and the lives of the families who attended our school, and the curriculum was engaging and age appropriate.

Cons

There was little opportunity for advancement in the company, but otherwise it was one of the very best places I have every worked and I would recommend it to anyone who is interested in early childhood education.

4. "This is a very structured company. They are Very profession and care about their employees."

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They work hard to create a family friendly atmosphere for all.

Cons

Could be a little more culturally sensitive

5. "Lead Teacher"

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time

Pros

Childtime is very flexible with their scheduling, and truly try their best to work with your availability. Childtime also encourages their employees to continue in their education, and will tell you about different programs in your area that may offer classes or schooling in the field. Once a degree or a certain class is taken, the employers of Childtime will gladly give you an appropriate raise based on you qualifications!

Cons

It is a childcare job, and at time can get a little hectic, especially during summer months when enrollment tends to drop. Sometimes during the summer months, hours will be cut based on the amount of kids enrolled in the summer program. The employers do attempt to make sure everyone still gets decent hours, but it cannot be guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Keep treating workers like family, and they'll love the job they're in.

6. "Amazing teachers"

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time

Pros

The teachers that go above and beyond for the children in the classroom.
    It's amazing to see teachers actually teach. I love walking into classroom and seeing the teachers on the children's level and conducting activities.

Cons

I have no cons at the moment

7. "Childtime!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairborn, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center (More than a year)

Pros

Childtime has been amazing. For myself as an employer and my child who is in the preschool room. I as a mother, working at childtime love my job. I get to interact with the children every day in every way.As an employee, I know how to do lead teacher duties as well. Portfolios, lesson plans, proper cleaning, redirection, etc. Management is great. Anytime there is a problem or we have questions, they get answered. We always have the supplies we need to do our activities and more. Everything at our center is taken very seriously. Nothing goes unnoticed. We are offered proper training's for SUTQ, CACFP,CPR, First Aid and Communicable Disease. We also get 3 days of NEO training and then placed into a classroom with someone to be trained hands on. Everyone's hours are consistent every week. We have a schedule that goes out on Thursdays the week before.
     I am so happy my son loves coming to school because he likes his teachers. Right now, he is working on the letters of his name in preschool! His teachers are always there to listen to concerns and questions and take time to recognize your child. My son has come such a long way since he started and has learned so much! My child also has never ate moldy food or drank chunky milk. He loves the meals provided here and he gets to try new things.

Cons

I love working at childtime!

8. "Rewarding and room for upward movement. Executive Team Cares!"

Current Employee - Center Director
    Current Employee - Center Director

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Upper Management support, Ability to move upward, rewarding position, making a difference in children's lives, great coworkers, fun job.

Cons

Facilities need updating but it is in the works.

Advice to Management

Back your team, keep listening, develop your managers and teachers.

9. "teachers asst"

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time

Pros

friendly workers and very close to my home have only been there for about 3 months

Cons

not enough pay for the work that comes with the job can be overwhelming

"So far I like it..."

Pros

love the children and my co workers are great and helpful

Cons

not too fond of the pay

Advice to Management

raise the pay for the hard work that the workers are doing and better hours