Childtime Learning Center Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Childtime Learning Center CEO Barbara J. Beck
Barbara J. Beck

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working with children is great and friendly atmosphere - great learning experience - great opportunity to grow and learn / (in 8 reviews)

• There is no weekend work, working with the children is great and always rewarding (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low low pay, even with a masters (in 16 reviews)

• They say there's room to move up, but what they don't tell you is that you need a bunch of certifications and higher education in order to do so (in 3 reviews)

1. "Full time employee"

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time

Pros

Teachers and children are great!

Cons

Management is very unorganized and each manager will tell you something different even if its about the same topic

2. "Lead Teacher"

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time

Pros

The kids were great. I loved the kids. My co-workers were awesome too.

Cons

Lack of coherent message from management on what their expectation was of your classroom. I was overpaid compared to my co-workers who were far more qualified for education than I am. Staff members were given a discount on services for their own kids, but often times didn't feel safe bringing in their own kids because nothing was done about kids with severe behavioral issues (which was usually a result of the kid's home life). I personally never felt a fear of retaliation, but I did contact the ethics website anonymously, from my house and spoke to a social worker about one of the kids, and to the best of my knowledge, absolutely nothing was done.

Advice to Management

Figure out what it is you want to be. Do you want to be a daycare center or education? Either way, I would figure it out quickly as opposed to the blatant money grab from the state and exploitation of poor people.

3. "Lead Teacher"

Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Lead Teacher in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Interactions with families, teaching students

Cons

Hour lunch breaks, poor management who never wanted to be in the classroom, no raise, no opportunity for growth

4. "Avoid it if you can"

Current Employee - Teacher in Winterville, NC
    Current Employee - Teacher in Winterville, NC

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working with children and their families

Cons

Low pay
    horrible management
    Inconsistent hours and schedules.
    horrible raises. Like 15 cents a year

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like people. The director never has any idea whats going on or who's scheduled for what room and their hours. The director will literally hire anyone that walks in the door and is super rude and unprofessional to her staff... she can't even be bothered to say hi to their employees when they walk in the door. The only classroom she cares about is the one her daughter is in. The director clearly picks favorites and will do anything for those select few.

5. "Preschool Teacher"

I worked at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for promotion, Prepared curriculum

Cons

High staff turnover, unrealistic expectations from corporate office.

Advice to Management

Take care of the teachers and it will promote a better work environment

6. "Dramatic and unethical"

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely love the children and most of my coworkers. The best time of day was the end when everyone left.

Cons

Saw some severely unethical behavior. Lots of drama perpetuated by management. The managers are best friends and nothing can be said confidentially without the entire staff knowing in a matter of hours. There is no real structure or schedule in most classes and the teachers have little planning time.

Advice to Management

Stop the drama. Keep confidential information confidential. Clean your facility. Give ALL teachers enough planing time.

7. "Save your time"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Awesome co workers
    Great kids to work with

Cons

First off; The pay sucks
    Management does not have respect for their coworkers... they are very money hungry and could careless how their employees feel.
    Everyday you work, you NEVER know what time you get off
    The amount of favoritism here is ridiculous.
    Everyday I feel unappreciated here
    Save your time and go to another daycare, not worth the stress

Advice to Management

Treat all employees with respect if you want to keep them around

8. "I have worked at childtime for 3 years now and I regret everyday that I have not quit yet."

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Monroe, OH
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Monroe, OH

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros to working within this company. The only thing that I actually enjoyed was the children

Cons

You never get out on time, I get out at least 2 hours late every day. The management is awful. The kids are shuffled around on a daily basis from room to room. Lead teachers are never in their own room, and there is tons of favoritism. You do not get paid nearly enough to work here

9. "DO NOT WORK HERE YOU WILL REGRET IT."

Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Assistant Teacher in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Childtime Learning Center part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can eat lunch with the kids and have fun with them too. Also the summer is pretty cool too.

Cons

Pay sucks
    Understaffed
    I think I'm getting sick because the bathroom smells of mold.
    We don't get paid enough to do what we do.
    Management is shaky.
    We go through way too many directors.

Advice to Management

Train people to move up. Also offer free training for floaters and people who don't have certifications to be left alone with children. By the way you're understaffed get more workers! We don't get paid enough to deal with all of the things management puts us through. Pay up or we will drop like flies.

10. "Child time Teacher"

Pros

Great atmosphere with the kids is great and friendly atmosphere - great learning experience - great opportunity to grow and learn . No weekend hours was also a plus

Cons

employee turn over was high and schedules always changed . The pay they start you at is very low even with experience .

Advice to Management

Pay should be a little more . Class sometimes becomes crowded for the teachers to handle the students