Chili's Grill and Bar Reviews
58% would recommend to a friend
(6573 total reviews)
64% approve of CEO
Found 6,573 of over 7K reviews
Updated Dec 6, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Experience money good times love it big time rush always busy and always good money so I like that the time goes by" (in 477 reviews)
- "The fact that it is such a large company was nice because pay was good." (in 253 reviews)
- "the people are great and helpful" (in 248 reviews)
- "Great coworkers and not too hard of a job." (in 241 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule and ability to make instant money" (in 174 reviews)
- "poor management and highly unorganized" (in 553 reviews)
- "Hostess don't get tips here and the managers don't really listen when you try to talk to them about your availability and schedules" (in 271 reviews)
- "Long hours and lack of quality of life" (in 255 reviews)
- "To much favoritism." (in 59 reviews)
- "Bad upper management, too much like the good ol boys club." (in 52 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chili's Grill and Bar and is not affected by filters.
- 2.0Dec 4, 2023Food RunnerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearRichardson, TX
-Had one (1) nice manager
-When I asked if I could have a break, I was told only if I worked a double shift -There was no flexibility in schedules, you either worked the entirety of the morning block or the entirety of the evening block, or both -When I asked to change my schedule, manager cited how she shouldn't abuse her manager power to do that, but then proceeded to tell me exactly how she abused her manager power to change her daughter's schedule at a different location -We had no QA (the person who puts together the orders). So as the food runner, my job was to run the food, clean the tables, get the refills and anything else a customer asked for, along with doing the QA's job -- always on busy weekend night shifts. The servers took orders on ipads. That was it. So why did we get paid 2 dollars and something cents plus tips when they got paid way more for way less work? -I had 1 friend who worked in an Austin location, 1 friend who worked in a Dallas location, and both my younger siblings worked in another Austin location and somehow every single one of us had terrible experiences there. -My siblings' managers were racist AND sexist. Two of the employees were dating and a manager slept with one of them, then when the cheater employee and homewrecker manager got caught, they lied and said the other employee was just bitter and making things up -My sister's manager tried clocking her out on numerous occasions when she was expected to keep working -All this to say, Chili's seems to have problems no matter what store not by coincidence, but because the worst human beings are highered for management
- 1.0Nov 14, 2023Busser/Food RunnerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFayetteville, NC
Free food but they would constantly remind you how much you ate (don’t eat in front of Managers, they like to throw your plate away.)
Managers will talk crap about you and have employees chime in. If you’re a newcomer, managers would make YOU do all the work. (all the side jobs get thrown on to you.) Can’t step out for 5mins, coworkers will lie and say you gone for a hour. (Ask them to check the cameras, they don’t even wanna do that.) You tell other managers about the issue, they don’t listen.
- 4.0Dec 4, 2023Server, Server-Trainer, ExpoFormer Employee, more than 1 yearFranklin, WI
Fast money, variety, short shifts
Unreliable colleagues, toxic behaviors, issues with management, unreasonable scheduling, little to no work-life balance. Also, they make you clean the building without paying minimum wage.
- 5.0Nov 17, 2023Certified Shift LeaderFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMiami, FL
Honestly, Chili's is a great place to work. Yes... some days you may work long hours, although with a great management team and General Manager your experience will be amazing! They appreciate your hard work, time, dedication, and taking a vacation is easy as requesting it!
At times this job can be stressful due to the nature of the restaurant business. This job is not for those that can't handle advanced levels of stress.
- 4.0Nov 30, 2023Busser/RunnerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearRiverside, IL
Great atmosphere and friendly coworkers and management
You never knew what to expect with the customers
Chili's Grill and Bar Reviews FAQs
Chili's Grill and Bar has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 6,719 reviews left anonymously by employees. 58% of employees would recommend working at Chili's Grill and Bar to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.
58% of Chili's Grill and Bar employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chili's Grill and Bar 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.