Cover image for Chinasoft International

81 Comments

Tech

1003.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Chinasoft International~309979
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Chinasoft International? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Chinasoft International employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Fishbowl, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Good company

Feb 24, 2021 - Senior Financial Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

A warm company, the leaders are eager to cultivate potential employees, and the company wants to dig out new growth point.

Cons

need to find new growth engining

2. 3.0
    Current Employee

good

Dec 20, 2022 - Front End Development Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

My leader is good. When I need help in my work, he will help me in a timely.

Cons

The working time is 8:30 every day. it would be better to adjust it to 9:00. Employee insurance is the local minimum standard. it would be better to raise the standard

3. Join the Chinasoft International team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Pretty good for the amont of work

Oct 5, 2022 - Frontend Developer in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pretty good work-life balance, I think it depends on the client side Easy to get interviews from the client side, in my case it's Microsoft Pretty easy to deal with HR or recruiters, I saw some reviews saying you have to be a Chinese or a Chinese Nationalist to work there?! This is completely not true in my case, I believe most of the developers will spend time with clients like what I do, and I don't even go to the CSI office and talk to any people in CSI

Cons

low salary if you are in a larger city, you only get a base pay and there are no such things like a bonus at all since I can work remotely, so if I move to a lower-cost city it's actually not bad

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

experience

Jul 1, 2022 - Android Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

it's easy to get chances of interviews. And can work on some projects from Huawei

Cons

salary is not high. Year-end bonus is less。

6. 4.0

SDE

Nov 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

work life balance is good

Cons

salary is very lower than standard

7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Racist, Toxic Work Environment!

Feb 16, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not one positive thing about this company.

Cons

ChinaSoft changed their name to CSI, but don't get confused, it is a Chinese company, for Chinese and by Chinese, if you are not you will be discriminated against. Myself and the other American in the office both filed with the EEOC to protect ourselves! The director recently stepped down but was replaced by an even more unethical one. Low pay and horrible working conditions, if you are a US citizen or contractor. If you are a Chinese Nationalist you are treated very well. They refused to pay my commissions, once I asked about them, the director wrote nasty emails about me to the whole staff to intimidate me and get me to quite, when I refused to quite and said I was being discriminated against, they manufactured a for cause firing but Washington State overturned it on the grounds of wrongful termination by CSI.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0

Chinasoft Changes

Jan 29, 2016 - Project Manager in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great autonomy during client engagements , major client in Seattle area is MSFT, so great exposure to vast MSFT resources / tech for project work.

Cons

The down side to that autonomy, once you are on board with client, not much attention from the company from there on out. You are your own account manager, so any extension of current engagement is up to you. You know what you know, its up to you to get and pay for any needed training.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Chinasoft (now merged with Catapult)

Oct 23, 2015 - International Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Chinasoft is one of the staffing vendors at Microsoft, so if you want to get into Microsoft, it's a good path there. How you'll like it depends on the team at Microsoft.

Cons

Like most staffing vendors at Microsoft, Chinasoft is all about saving money for its client. Employees are just an interchangeable commodity; there is no support beyond providing the basic hardware (usually a laptop).

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

My experience has been pleasant and very

Apr 7, 2013 - Systems Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company - nice atmosphere - prepared us with laptops. Lets employees work independently and no micromanaging. Have good interaction with employees and is quick to answer questions in a timely manner.

Cons

The payroll is not consistent. too much follow up. would like to have paper pay stubs and more interaction with the account reps.

11. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

No difference with the other hundreds of vendor companies.

Dec 10, 2012 - Software Program Manager in Redmond, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company pays on time, even though sometimes make mistakes on the amount. And it usually doesn’t bother you unless the contract is cancelled.

Cons

The company doesn't appear very professional. No career path, no support from the company.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Reviews
</>Embed

Chinasoft International Reviews FAQs

Chinasoft International has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 165 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Chinasoft International to a friend and 40% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Chinasoft International employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Chinasoft International. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

51% of Chinasoft International employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Chinasoft International 2.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Chinasoft International to be work life balance, coworkers, workplace and the cons to be benefits, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Chinasoft International Job Seekers