Chinese-American Planning Council Reviews | Glassdoor

Chinese-American Planning Council Reviews

Updated Sep 13, 2019

Found 51 reviews

3.2
Chinese-American Planning Council CEO David Chen (no image)
David Chen
  1. "SYEP-MONITOR"

Syep Monitor in Flushing, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council for more than a year

Pros

Communication skills are definately increased as well as networking with different people. Leadership opportunities and good overall opportunity to meet new people of different backgrounds.

Cons

Workshop orientations are a hassle

Advice to Management

better supervision, better communication with employees, more instructions on how to handle things correctly

Chinese-American Planning Council2018-06-09
  2. "SYEP"

Former Employee - SYEP TA in Flushing, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council part-time for more than a year

Pros

Flexible and young working environment

Cons

not really, it was located in convenient places

Advice to Management

N/A

Chinese-American Planning Council2018-03-14
  3. "Service coordinator"

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council full-time

Pros

Great for new college grads

Cons

Lack of support from supervisor

Chinese-American Planning Council2018-02-23
  4. "Great entry level job"

Office Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council for more than a year

Pros

Great entry level job for high school students and recent college grads

Cons

Very little room for growth. Management is not the best

Advice to Management

Seek opportunities for employers to grow. Extremely static envorinment

Chinese-American Planning Council2018-01-29
  5. "payroll manager"

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council full-time

Pros

nice co worker and environment

Cons

not so competitive salary office politic

Advice to Management

less personal bias

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-12-05
  6. "Management needs improvement"

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council

Pros

- Kids were great to work with

Cons

- Poor management - Lots of drama - Low pay and not enough work hours (usually only 3 hours a day)

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-11-26
  7. "Not bad"

Former Employee - Case Planner in New York, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of free training, friendly co-workers, can help a lot of families, every case is different, can keep growing at your position.

Cons

Flexible working hours, a lot of paper works so that you have to work over time without pay, a bit stressful to handle with tough cases.

Advice to Management

No problem

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-11-13
  8. "Teacher Assistant"

Teacher Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council

Pros

It was a fun job with minimal demands.

Cons

My superiors had unclear rules.

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-09-29
  9. "Loved it"

Former Employee - Part Time ESL Instructor in New York, NY

I worked at Chinese-American Planning Council part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Lots of support & freedom. Organized faculty, good students

Cons

Shared classrooms with children (sometimes you get little desks and chairs)

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-09-25
  10. "Definitely learned a lot but definitely not all good"

Current Employee - Teacher's Aide in New York, NY

I have been working at Chinese-American Planning Council part-time for more than a year

Pros

Get to experience and grow with children and share moments that almost make it seem like it's worth it...They might buy you or make you a small cake for your birthday (however my director only gets her favorite flavor for every single birthday: double fudged chocolate, unless, you point out you don't like chocolate or your allergic)

Cons

Disrespectful people keep they're jobs no matter how it interferes with work and children's emotional state because the union makes it really hard to fire people without evidence or a lot of written complaints. There's a chance this women might finally get removed from a 8page complaint however she's worked there for more than 10years already and the director herself couldn't even get her to corporate 98% of the... time-it shouldn't have taken that long. You work hard but aren't appreciated and before you no it you long to quit, if not for the unprofessionalism then for the suffocating atmosphere.

Advice to Management

Directors Don't be disrespectful because your having a rough day. You want to discuss something then be professional and escort that person to your office instead of making a scene before bringing them to your office and leaving your door open so everyone can be reminded of who's in charge as you raise you voice for everyone to hear, including children or parents that could walk past your office at any time.... Misunderstandings happen all the time but the way to handle it isn't by assuming because 89% of the time you assume wrong. Talk to us like human beings. Also management, if you have employees and the director complaining for years about a certain somebody then make an effort to listen. Your ruining a school because your refusing to open your eyes and actually investigate why you keep hearing this person doesn't like helping out and constantly gives teachers attitude when she goes in to bring the food. Children don't need to be taught how to be polite just so someone can come in and start screaming and giving their home teacher attitude. On painting days or cleaning days (when no children are at school) she is asked if she can come in and help the teachers in the classroom, you know what she should say-no. Instead she says she can work and will help out and all she does is stand around and starts yelling about you got enough people helping and refuses to lift a finger. 9am-3+pm she was there, I left at 3pm and she was still there sitting and chatting it up in Chinese. Yet everyone in the school is aware of how she is and just lets it be to not get in a fight. I had to go all out to make my case and now they have no choice but to pay attention. Don't wait, if your getting information of how people are behaving and working in your schools then don't ignore it because it does matter. Your loosing me and half the teachers in the school and I'm pretty sure that's because of how you choose to run the school, union and system. The students deserve the best and you only seem to care about not having to go through the hassle of hiring new teachers and cafeteria ladies; my advise, get your priorities straight.

Chinese-American Planning Council2017-08-29