Chipotle Cashier and Crew Member Reviews | Glassdoor

Chipotle Cashier and Crew Member Reviews

Updated Jan 1, 2020

3.6
Chipotle CEO Brian Niccol (no image)
Brian Niccol
  1. "Cashier & Crew Member"

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Murrieta, CA

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to interact with public and let my people skills shine. Often Working cashier and constantly interacting and peoviding great customer service.

Cons

Wanting to pursue my skills into a higher, more advanced industry.

Advice to Management

I am a great learner, obtain powerful people skills, great energy, and extremely reliable.

Chipotle2018-07-07
  2. "Busy!!"

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Chantilly, VA

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

One think I like is that you get hour if you are willing to work them and that really helped when I needed the cash

Cons

I believe that the cashier has to many responsibilities for a given time. They have to run the cash register, keep the lobby clean, and restock supplies. I don’t think I have ever left my shift on time.

Chipotle2020-01-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "It's okay. Strict and beyond busy. We dont get paid enough."

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always something to do. Days go by fast. Always able to go in and work if I want to.

Cons

Crappy pay. Too busy don't get paid enough to deal with it. Strict sick policy.

Advice to Management

In all honesty our store specifically (and I'm sure others) are so extremely busy that we don't even have time to think or barely breathe. We work hard all day and busy our butts from morning to shift change and shift change to close. And we should honestly get paid better. Some crappy fast food restaurants get paid better. Does not make sense especially with how high our standards are. And it makes us employees feel very unappreciated.

Chipotle2019-12-18
  5. "Decent pay, overall lack of organization"

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

Competitive pay, paid breaks, free food

Cons

Shifts never end on time Unnecessary rules create a hassle

Chipotle2019-11-18
  6. "Great Working Environment"

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for more than a year

Pros

I've worked at multiple Chipotles and with the right crew, Chipotle can be a lot of fun. Fast paced environment with nice benefits. Multiple stations to learn. Not too difficult to move up to management position at some stores. You get to learn to wrap a burrito , how to manage your time, and work as a team. Free employee meals as well. I've met some great people working at chipotle.

Cons

You kind of have to "work for your break". If you're not finished with your tasks by a certain time you've missed the opportunity to take a break. We often stay up to an hour late. It can get really stressful , especially if you're working at a busy store. You get free food , however, you have to eat it in the store otherwise you have to pay for it. This job is definitely not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Being a manager doesn't make you better than anybody. Some of my managers were very rude to the crew AND customers, gossiped about the crew to other members, and have openly abused their 'powers'! Keep Chipotle Professional and a fair environment to work at. I've also had really great managers who made a lasting impression on me! Some managers know how to run a store AND keep the crew light hearted and laughing! They were the best!

Chipotle2019-07-19
  7. "That was something"

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Bexley, OH

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

-pay was decent -dope coworkers -gain some culinary skills and work experience

Cons

-they will work you like you are a slave and not care -no recognition is given out -people aren't trained properly -Promises of promotions that never get given -people are expected to work 40 plus hours but will get yelled at for having overtime. -they will ignore your availability to what ever fits best for them & if you bring up that its not within your availability they will cut your hours

Advice to Management

Your employees are just as important as your customers. Stop using and abusing the good people that you do get.

Chipotle2019-08-02
  8. "Typical part time job"

Current Employee - Cashier and Crew Member

I have been working at Chipotle part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You get a paid lunch break and you can have one free meal per shift. You get tuition reimbursement after you work there for a year

Cons

A lot of turnover with managers and regular employees

Chipotle2019-06-21

"Overall a good experience"

Current Employee - Cashier/Crew Member in Littleton, CO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time for less than a year

Pros

The staff along with the management was really nice and the restaurant ran smoothly.

Cons

Sometimes, scheduling would not be consistent and this can be difficult sometimes since the schedule only comes out one week prior.

Chipotle2019-05-29
  10. "Good people, bad management"

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

the people you work with really make or break your shift. They are usually good with your schedule.

Cons

theres a lot of gossip and the management seems to have a clique. If they dont like you, its evident during work and depending on the manager you can have an easy day without straining or they'll pick on you for almost everything. If you cant get into the "group" then itll be very noninclusive for you.

Chipotle2019-05-13
  11. "Great Co-Workers and Managers, Tiring"

Former Employee - Cashier and Crew Member in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Chipotle part-time for less than a year

Pros

- One free meal per shift - 30 minute break per shift - If you are sick, Chipotle requires you to stay at home (Health First) - Coworkers were extremely friendly and kind - Managers were easy to communicate with - General Manager was considerate and very understanding

Cons

- Consumers were often rude and entitled - As a cashier, peak hours were hard to manage (restock and clean dining area while taking a line of orders) - Had to clean messes in the bathroom

Chipotle2019-04-20