Chipotle Reviews in Denver, CO | Glassdoor

Denver, CO

2.9
Steve Ells

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Free food during your work times (in 704 reviews)

• The pay is good and you get a free meal plus 50% off (in 410 reviews)

Cons
  • Low wage for amount of work put in (in 63 reviews)

• Sometimes it can be a lot of work (in 63 reviews)

1. "Database Administrator"

Current Employee - Database Administrator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Database Administrator in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Company Good benefits, Food is great!

Cons

Fast Paced, Long Hours, Budgets tight

Advice to Management

Offer Caso

2. "Chipotle"

Former Contractor - Peoplesoft Consultant in Denver, CO
    Former Contractor - Peoplesoft Consultant in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere and great manager!

Cons

You don't need to dress up or wear business casual because it's totally casual but you can if you need to look a little odd.

"Good pay I guess but a lot of hard work"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

Pays above minimum wage. When I started working there the minimum wage was around $8.20 and I was getting paid $9.50.
    Nice coworkers
    Paid break
    1 free meal

Cons

Long hours on your feet that can be demanding
    The store can get really busy with a line to the door/out the door
    At my store there was a lot of favoritism
    Hard work for almost minimum wage
    Had to learn all the definitions and be quizzed about it which I didn't really like

Advice to Management

Promote people who work hard

4. "Service Manager"

Former Employee - Service Manager in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They have a great management program that allows to grow in the company

Cons

There is always a dilemma of extra hours that employees are in a way force to work more than they are scheduled.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent with the management of schedules.

"Worst IT experience of my life"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free food and good location

Cons

You are rated on being a bro rather than work
    Managers sleeping with subordinates
    Contractors are treated in a disposable manner
    Developed processes not followed
    Finger pointing and blame game galore

Advice to Management

Gut your IT management. I cannot believe that a supposed cutting edge company still has App/Dev practices from the 90's. Look for people who are good at their job and not just some 'bro'. Treat your contractors like human beings - you know decent stuff.

"Would not recommend."

Current Employee - Crew Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with are generally cool. The food is good until you work about 6+ months. The only thing that makes this job semi-worth it is that you have great coworkers including the service managers but that's where it ends. The general managers/restauranteurs think they're great to their employees but such is not the case.

Cons

Micromanagement--the restaurateur at my location has a serious problem with micromanagement. Not only them, but also the corporate team leaders that come in do this as well. They treat you like a child and it's condescending.
    The pay is terrible. I work nights to pay my rent while I'm in grad school but close to 90% of my income goes to paying my rent, and, I like to have some money to pay for oh I don't know... food, gas, or whatever. I've been promised a promotion, scheduled for 5 days of training and then nothing became of it. I asked about what happened and was told that "things were difficult right now." I asked for more hours and to my surprise, I received them, only to get yelled at when I get overtime because my boss wants to get his bonus. The management, general managers and above, care more about themselves and getting their bonuses while the rest of us struggle on the meager wages they give you. I've worked at two different stores and I've helped out a few times at another and this appears to be common, but I can only speak for myself.
    Additionally, I've had a few customers say some racist things to me and I've been explicitly told not to defend myself which is ludicrous.

Advice to Management

Get new management.

"Its ok"

Current Employee - Crew Member in Denver, CO

I have been working at Chipotle (More than a year)

Pros

The crew
    The environment
    The vision

Cons

It's like a high school movie

Advice to Management

Be more professional

"Poor Management"

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle (Less than a year)

Pros

Free meal card, central location to transportation, & great company values.

Cons

Very poor Management with little oversight and therefore high turnover, management was embarrassingly unprofessional, & promotion was based on popularity contest.

Advice to Management

If you have one manager who is responsible for the turnover of sixteen employees, perhaps it would be in your best interest to investigate this manager. Manager was extremely unprofessional, did not know how to do the job he was managing, and played the popularity game. It's really sad because the culture of the company is so great but how blind can you be to ignore the money you are losing from outstanding items due to the high turnover of one crummy manager?

"Corporate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Pros

They celebrate small successes and their focus is on getting the job done. Very open and supportive to developing their internal staff and promoting within.

Cons

can become very rigid when you challenge the wrong person although they encourage it. Claims its apart of development but truth be told it is your death sentence. if you want to be successful here don't grow a brain and know your place if your in leadership.

Advice to Management

Recognize that you don't know everything that goes on in the outside word. Be more open and do exit interviews vs. reading Glassdoor. Take the responses to your meetings and truly look at how you may have miss the bar a few times THEN make steps toward getting better. Acknowledge you don't have all the answers inside the CHIP. Your ex-employee list is getting bigger than your employee list....that's not always good.

"(HQ) Steer Clear - DO NOT APPLY FOR LEASE ADMINISTRATION TEAM"

Former Employee - Lease Administrator in Denver, CO

I worked at Chipotle (More than a year)

Pros

Free Chipotle meals, wear whatever you want, made some great friends

Cons

AWFUL MANAGMENT!!!!! The Manager has been the cause of almost 20 people leaving Chipotle and the list of people who have worked there continues to grow. There is no accountability for their actions and they prefers one person (who was almost fired multiple times because they were not pulling their weight), and as a result everyone else is leaving. They play favorites, but the favorites are not the people who were actually making a difference in the company.

When these complaints have been brought to the Director, they were ignored. When brought to HR, no action was taken. Complaints had to be brought up after people left because the manager fired someone for going to HR and told the whole team that should be an example of what happens when you go to HR.

Underpaid, overworked, taken advantage of. Promised career opportunities, but always had strings attached or another obstacle to overcome.

Advice to Management

READ EXIT INTERVIEWS AND TAKE ACTION. This team has had non-stop turnover since this manager was hired - THE ISSUE IS HIM!!!!!!! Life after Chipotle has been significantly better and you are missing out on great people who can make a difference - instead we are making a difference for other companies, including your competition. I was a loyal Chipotle fan since the first store, and now I don't recommend the food or the job to anyone based on my experiences.

Deal with the issues on this team and identify what the real issue is. Take a serious look at the effect you are having on the brand, but also the emotional effect you are having on your people. For bragging about your people culture, Finance CLEARLY doesn't understand what that means as they treat their people like crap, and as a result can't keep anyone!

Showing 61 of 3,913 reviews