Chipotle Reviews | Glassdoor

3,597 reviews

Full-timePart-time

3,597 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Discounted and free food are included (in 653 reviews)

• The pay is good and you get a free meal plus 50% off (in 384 reviews)

1. "Trendy Mexican Food"

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast-paced, great location for business, plenty of opportunities to get hours and advance in the workplace.

Cons

High turnover due to student workers, lack of communication between management, dead seasons during the summer and winter breaks.

Advice to Management

Better advertisement methods would increase sales and better explain the cost of the nonGMO, preservative free food we're selling and also overcast small complaints so that they don't affect sales.

2. "Great Employment"

I have been working at Chipotle full-time

Pros

friendly work environment, great benefits considering the job, awesome management style, always fair and flexible

Cons

sometimes long hours but not unmanageable, can be stressful when things get busy

Advice to Management

you're doing great! i love working for you guys!

3. "Great team"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in, great management team, clean food and environment.

Cons

GMO products were used while I worked with them

Advice to Management

Keep choosing great leaders

4. "Service Manager"

I have been working at Chipotle full-time

Pros

Good people, flexible when needed, good benefits

Cons

Can be demanding at times

5. "Crew"

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

free food
    tuition reimbursement available after working for a while

Cons

you close very late if you're being trained on grill or prep in my experience. might be the manager's fault not scheduling more workers on days on training

6. "System does not make sense: cashier overloaded with duties while expo does almoast nothing"

Former Employee - Crew
    Former Employee - Crew

I worked at Chipotle part-time

Pros

The company has benefits and everyone is friendly. Would be a great college job if it wasn't for the cons I listed below

Cons

The system doesn't make any sense. The cashier is overloaded with duties while expo doesn't do much at all. Now that I work there I understand why every chipotle dining room is so trashed all the time. Dirty tables and filthy bathrooms are a constant in every Chipotle anywhere. Now I understand why. It is because while the rest of the people on the line are only responsible for one task, the cashier is responsible for half of the responsibilities of the restaurant and he/she is not allowed to get help with such duties from any other worker (like zero common sense teamwork ). Besides having the regular responsibilities of a cashier, this position requires that you keep each table and counter clean in the dining room, also the bathrooms and floors, also wipe and stock trays, constantly stocking and restocking the dining room, ask customers if everything is great all that while having an endless line of people. Yes, I get the multitasking concept but it doesn't make any sense to put all these responsibilities on a one person while the rest of the employees on the line have one task only. Now I see why all Chipotles dining rooms and bathrooms are always so filthy while I see people just chilling on the line and while the cashier is always so busy and unable to complete the overload of expected duties. And yeap they all get paid the same.

Advice to Management

I know you are a corporation and your system comes from above. But maybe it is time to take a look at your system because as a customer before I worked at Chipotle, my family and I would always be disgusted to have to eat on top of beans, rice and salsa spilled on dirty counters and tables, and we would never dare to use your always filthy bathrooms. Understand it doesn't make any sense to put so much responsibility on the cashier while the expo doesn't do much, and while there is so much need to keep the dining room and bathrooms clean and restocked. I don't know how this corporation and its managers so blindly follow this pointless system and no one dares to speak up. Or is it that every manager is so out of touch not to realize how messed up is to run a restaurant with always filthy dining room and bathrooms?? And how it just doesn't make any sense to expect the cashier to efficiently do all their tasks while others are not expected to do much and are not even allowed to help?? Some common sense from the management is desperately needed in that corporation

7. "Restaurant Crew Member"

Current Employee - Restaurant Crew Member in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Restaurant Crew Member in Kent, WA

I have been working at Chipotle full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many benefits, nice and positive environment, set high standards

Cons

Can get really busy, not really a con but you have to be able to work under pressure and make sure customers are satisfied

8. "Good first job"

Former Employee - Line Worker in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Line Worker in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

organized, easy opportunities to move up, kept a system, colleagues were open to constructive criticism, good community to be around

Cons

Not much to say about the cons of this place.

9. "Crew Member"

Former Employee - Crew Member in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Crew Member in Rochester, NY

I worked at Chipotle part-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some really awesome people who work there. The free food is great. Managers are usually accommodating to schedules.

Cons

They expect you to hustle all the time with little to no down time while you only make 19K. They also make you learn and memorize a whole bunch of corporate lingo that doesn't really make you a better employee.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the crew members because they really know what's going on in the restaurants

10. "Service manager"

I have been working at Chipotle full-time

Pros

Great teams great environment and opportunities

Cons

Chipotle has a bad rep with certain things , but I enjoy proving and teaching our high stands with crew and chipotle lovers

Showing 3,597 of 3,619 reviews