Found 1,746 of over 17K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "free food and my GM was great but i know not every one had that same experience." (in 2444 reviews)
- "I liked the free meals and discount of 50% off on meals when not working" (in 994 reviews)
- "The pay is good to be a fast food restaurant and they are pretty good with working around your schedules." (in 969 reviews)
- "The company offers some pretty good benefits and there are avenues for growth within the company." (in 755 reviews)
- "Great people to work with very fast paced.thats a pro for some one like me" (in 689 reviews)
- "Bad management and over worked for amount of work there is" (in 1206 reviews)
- "Bad if you have bad manager People get moody when it's packed and blame it on the personnel Bad when there's not enough personnel" (in 766 reviews)
- "Long hours that you may have to stand and you could potentially miss a break because of the long lines." (in 531 reviews)
- "no training and expected to work line alone" (in 213 reviews)
- "The upper management is horrible and inconsistent" (in 194 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Chipotle and is not affected by filters.
Reviews about "free meal"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0May 9, 2023CashierFormer EmployeeBeaverton, OR
The coworkers were decent and you did get a free meal on shift which was nice.
Usually understaffed, also always running out of food which made it stressful
- 3.0Mar 31, 2016Crew MemberFormer EmployeeBaltimore, MD
if you work hard you will get rewarded with hours also you get free meals and uniform shirts and hat
back breaking work sometimes I would have to close which means getting off at 11pm at night just to have to be back at 8am also sometimes I would get stuck at work for 12hrs bc people would call out or not show
- 3.0Jul 27, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeAustin, TX
co workers are super cool & employe meals are the best because they're free.
Cleaning is such a struggle, chipotle closes at 10pm and the owner expectes everyone to be done by 10:30. I work tortilla, by the end of the night i had to finish cleaning the press WHILE ITS ON (385 degrees) (15-20 minutes) with no sort of protection. Weight the leftover meat. Put it back in the freezer(10 minutes) degrease and clean the line(10-15 minutes), restock; bowls, lids, kids plates,(5 minutes)scrub the floor numerous times, clean the back of the line(10-15 minutes). These are the main things we have to do, managers always ask workers to do other things as well.(5-10 minutes)
- 3.0Feb 23, 2022Crew MemberFormer Employee
Free meals on lunch break and a heavy discount when you come in on days off. Tbh I heavily miss getting free bowls.
Customers, Customers, Customers. Holllly. I never worked in food business before this, but customers would throw child-like tantrums even when given adequate meat amounts. Of course, this happens in all food business. Also some coworkers were very lazy so you have to pick up slack for them.
- 4.0May 28, 2015CrewCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearNew York, NY
Free meal everyday you work and and the 50% off when you don't work
It's a lot of hard work and some of the customers are really rude
- 4.0Jun 22, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
For me, it was fun learning a whole host of kitchen skills. Yes, you are working a 'hard' 8+ hours with little downtown and lots to do but it lends itself to a lot of job satisfaction. I'm a big picture type person and its easy to see how all the individual pieces fit together. From the prep work that must be done to the stocking of supplies to serving of customers to the cleaning to get ready for the next day, its fairly efficient. My managers worked really hard alongside us and kept it fun. We also rotated positions often. That way one person wasn't doing the same thing week after week. Sure everyone had a favorite and less favorite spot. But it was easier to clean the grill (for example) when you knew you only had to do it once this week. Free meal per shift and discounts at any other time were a big perk as well! I still love to eat there.
Dishes. All the never ending pile of dishes. :) Closing shifts often stayed longer than 8 hours.
- 4.0Sep 12, 2017Service ManagerCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCharlotte, NC
Amazingly friendly co-workers at my store. Sometimes you will get sent to other stores and will be called in (if you want to) on your days off. There are a lot of potential for overtime if you are looking for it. The benefits are very good. Free meals on days you work and 50% off on days you don't. Health/dental/vision is only $66 a month and $90 a month with a spouse included. They give financial aid (not loans) for employees who have been with the company over a year, as well as paid time off, and 401k. The work, although frustrating sometimes and low-ish pay, is pretty fun. You usually get a sense of accomplishment when you make a meal or make a customer's day. The best part with Chipotle is the people. My store has some of the best people I have ever worked with. Funny, chill, hard working, and kind. I find myself spending a lot of time outside of work with some of these co-workers. Although I cannot speak for all the stores, my store definitely has connected me with some of my best friends.
Hard work with relatively low pay. Can get frustrating when it's a busy day and someone calls out.
- 3.0Dec 26, 2020Crew MemberFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAkron, OH
The food is good and you get free meal each day you work and a half-off discount on your days off.
I mean it's your typical entry-level food service job; the insurance has a high deductible, the customers can be rude, the tasks are pretty remedial. It definitely convinced me to stay in college.
- 4.0Sep 25, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearFrisco, TX
I liked the free meals and discount of 50% off on meals when not working
Could get hectic and managers were mid
- 3.0Jul 17, 2017Crew MemberFormer Employee, more than 1 yearEast Lansing, MI
Free meal per shift (literally anything you want) and the food never gets old.
Work can be high stress at times, especially if you run out of something and have a line of customers who are waiting.Chipotle Response7y
Great feedback - we're working hard to improve throughput in our restaurants. Thanks for the review!