Chiron Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"More than just a job"

Current Employee - Director in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Director in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Chiron has given me opportunity unlike any other organization I have worked for. The executive team has put challenges in front of me backed with lots of different opinions and incomplete data sources. They ask me to focus in on where the most value is and recommend a solution to those people with differing opinions. Chiron above that, provides me a team of subject matter experts that are not only brilliant, but virtuous in their work ethic. These associates and consultants are going to be tenacious in coming up with creative approaches. The managers and partners are going to connect me where I need to be connected, guide, support, direct, and re-direct me. The technical support is going to fix any connectivity and/or computer problems I have even if I call on them after hours. I am empowered and accountable but I am not alone. The best part is, that because I was hired into the Chiron family, because Chiron doesn't let another Chiron family member fail, because if I'm honest in my mistakes... I will not fail.

Cons

The reward for doing a great job is getting a more complex task. Chiron employees are always solving the easiest problem they will ever solve in their career. This takes resilience, determination, a sense of mission, self governance, decision-making, and ambition toward great things. "With great reward comes great responsibility"

Advice to Management

Do everything in your power to deepen the commitment of employees to your shared mission. In meetings, continue to encourage colleagues to voice (even critical) opinions, to cut pointless digression, to see the positive side of every proposal, to always question received majority opinion. Continue to help every employee to improve professionally and personally thus drawing out members who are withdrawn, help pessimists to see the positive side, and continue encouraging domineering types to give way now and then.
    As Chiron grows I see the toughest challenge may be to continue to build a team culture in this way and getting more colleagues to bind together and see that more benefits flow when people work together.

"Small company, great culture"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Career advancement, great benefits, approachable owners, and a great work/life balance. I've been with the company almost a decade and can attest to these benefits first hand.

Cons

Very selective of the people they bring on board as they are looking for people that not only look good on thier resume, but will also fit in with the company dynamic/culture.

Advice to Management

Focus on quality over quantity, while commendable, limits growth to allow you to compete with larger firms.

"Progressive technology company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun dynamic environment to work in
    Engaging projects
    Environment supports creative solutions

Cons

Some departments could benefit from increased process and procedure definement

Advice to Management

Ask your engineer more questions.

"Company Review"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Columbia, MD

I worked at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small Company seemed to be supportive.

Cons

They only paid out once a month after you work 30 days. The owner seemed to care more about spending time in the property he supposedly acquired for the company employees. Only it's in another state. The health insurance plan was terrible. It's clear the owners of the company did not care for the employees. Instead like many small businesses in that arena they use their business to afford themselves luxuries such as lakeside properties, airplanes, etc. this is just another sorry example in how the government is taken advantage of. Not much room for growth this company focuses only on making money off of the hard working government contractors.

Advice to Management

Care more for employees instead of your own personal gain. Start paying hardworking families every two weeks as they do not have hundreds of thousands to fall back on.

Chiron Technology Services Response

Aug 24, 2017 – Vice President Human Resources

We’re always grateful to receive constructive feedback from former employees. We understand that you did not have a positive experience with us and we’d like to address your concerns.
    - We’ve... More

5. "An Amazing Company!"

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time

Pros

Chiron is a Veteran owned Cybersecurity business that truly cares about and invests in their employees providing a culture that is unparalleled to any other Federal Contracting firm in the intelligence community. From the moment I began with this company, it was evident this was a fun workplace and a challenging yet rewarding environment that encourages growth opportunities within. Chiron offers a competitive and comprehensive suite of benefits including but not limited to, Medical and Dental insurance with Vision discount plan options available accompanied by an amazing 401k retirement plan, in addition to many other fabulous perks. If you are looking for a work environment that is enjoyable, I recommend you check out the openings and consider joining the team and become part of this ever growing industry and our Chiron family.

Cons

Nothing really available to share.

6. "Great Company"

I worked at Chiron Technology Services full-time

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits with a wide variety of job opportunities.

Cons

Benefits have decreased with company growth over the past few years.

"Limited opportunities, disappearing benefits"

I worked at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salaries, good benefits, claim to be "family oriented" if you fall for that kind of thing

Cons

No prime contracts, limited positions - they will ask you to do a job you don't want or know how to do and expect you to be grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately, this stagnates/erases any career progression you may have. You will always be left behind when your contract runs out (and it will end because they have nothing long-term), scrambling for a new job that doesn't meet your skill set.

They have also changed the vesting period for your 401(k) so you now have to be with the company for 3 years to get your money.

Advice to Management

Stop sharing your personal successes (new house, new boat, etc.) with your employees while simultaneously telling them they don't get a Christmas bonus this year and that their health care costs are going up.

8. "My time at this company can best be described as periods of wide latitude punctuated by periods of intense firefighting."

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10% of your pay is automatically contributed to retirement. Depending upon where you work, you may be able to get free snacks and beverages. Regardless of where you work, you will be surrounded by good people.

Cons

Some positions require a lot of travel. These travel requirements can take you anywhere within the US, and usually last a week, but can go longer. I was also surprised to learn that you have to pay for external training out of pocket and request reimbursement afterward.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, re-evaluate your practices. Some of your long-standing practices worked well enough when the company was smaller, but are becoming problematic now (e.g. asking employees to pay for travel or training out of pocket and reimbursing them later). Then, once you get those practices straightened out, hire aggressively to lighten the travel load on current employees.

9. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Great pay, excellent benefits (especially 401k with 10% automatic contribution and health care insurance), small bonus each year, fun summer picnic and holiday party with nice gift giveaways, owners/management who genuinely care about you.

Cons

The only con I can think of is being that the company is relatively small, it may be difficult to find another position within the company but they constantly send out open position reports and actively help you get a position.

10. "Analyst"

Pros

Amazing Benefits that help keep highly skilled employee's

Cons

Free snack bar, I've gained 5 pounds.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job keeping most everyone happy