Chiron Technology Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
David A Pappas

1. "An Amazing Company!"

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time

Pros

Chiron is a Veteran owned Cybersecurity business that truly cares about and invests in their employees providing a culture that is unparalleled to any other Federal Contracting firm in the intelligence community. From the moment I began with this company, it was evident this was a fun workplace and a challenging yet rewarding environment that encourages growth opportunities within. Chiron offers a competitive and comprehensive suite of benefits including but not limited to, Medical and Dental insurance with Vision discount plan options available accompanied by an amazing 401k retirement plan, in addition to many other fabulous perks. If you are looking for a work environment that is enjoyable, I recommend you check out the openings and consider joining the team and become part of this ever growing industry and our Chiron family.

Cons

Nothing really available to share.

2. "Confusion"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Chiron Technology Services as a contractor

Pros

Good pay good benefits flexibility

Cons

Unorganized never knew exactly what my duty was after being hired. Never was formally introduced to the staff. Lack of communication after I was told I wasn't able to work until my duties were clear. Quite strange

Advice to Management

Next time you hire someone be clearer with their duties. Also show more professionalism when communicating your contractors.

3. "Great Company"

I worked at Chiron Technology Services full-time

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits with a wide variety of job opportunities.

Cons

Benefits have decreased with company growth over the past few years.

"Limited opportunities, disappearing benefits"

I worked at Chiron Technology Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good salaries, good benefits, claim to be "family oriented" if you fall for that kind of thing

Cons

No prime contracts, limited positions - they will ask you to do a job you don't want or know how to do and expect you to be grateful for the opportunity. Unfortunately, this stagnates/erases any career progression you may have. You will always be left behind when your contract runs out (and it will end because they have nothing long-term), scrambling for a new job that doesn't meet your skill set.

They have also changed the vesting period for your 401(k) so you now have to be with the company for 3 years to get your money.

Advice to Management

Stop sharing your personal successes (new house, new boat, etc.) with your employees while simultaneously telling them they don't get a Christmas bonus this year and that their health care costs are going up.

6. "My time at this company can best be described as periods of wide latitude punctuated by periods of intense firefighting."

I have been working at Chiron Technology Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

10% of your pay is automatically contributed to retirement. Depending upon where you work, you may be able to get free snacks and beverages. Regardless of where you work, you will be surrounded by good people.

Cons

Some positions require a lot of travel. These travel requirements can take you anywhere within the US, and usually last a week, but can go longer. I was also surprised to learn that you have to pay for external training out of pocket and request reimbursement afterward.

Advice to Management

As the company continues to grow, re-evaluate your practices. Some of your long-standing practices worked well enough when the company was smaller, but are becoming problematic now (e.g. asking employees to pay for travel or training out of pocket and reimbursing them later). Then, once you get those practices straightened out, hire aggressively to lighten the travel load on current employees.

7. "Great company to work for"

Pros

Great pay, excellent benefits (especially 401k with 10% automatic contribution and health care insurance), small bonus each year, fun summer picnic and holiday party with nice gift giveaways, owners/management who genuinely care about you.

Cons

The only con I can think of is being that the company is relatively small, it may be difficult to find another position within the company but they constantly send out open position reports and actively help you get a position.

8. "Analyst"

Pros

Amazing Benefits that help keep highly skilled employee's

Cons

Free snack bar, I've gained 5 pounds.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a great job keeping most everyone happy

9. "Great private company with awesome opportunities"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Meade, MD
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Fort Meade, MD

Pros

great pay, the best benefits I have ever received. 10% 401k match without putting a dime in and fully vested form day 1

Ability to move around and work on different government contracts. Typically dont' spend more than a few years on a contract.

Cons

The way the company works you are typically not working with fellow Chiron employees. But this is how a lot of small government contractors in that area work.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and work hard at developing a niche product/service that can set you apart. Don't just follow the money putting bodies in positions like everyone else in that area.