Chiropractic Economics Reviews | Glassdoor

1 review

2.0
Joseph D. Doyle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Old money struggling to run a modern media company"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Pros

- Free (2) drinks on fridays
    - Met and worked with likeminded, intelligent people

Cons

My first red flag was during my initial interview when my future boss told me they chose their technology by typing 'PHP frameworks' into Google Trends and picking the top result. Not kidding. All I could do was smile and nod, wide-eyed.

This company has a desperate hard-on for SEO and (despite what several informed individuals have been telling upper management since before I got there) sees it as the life and blood of their online sales. Management has no clue how modern internet companies operate and there is nothing more emblematic of that than the overpriced 'consultants' they hire to sell them on the narrative that these consultants are members of a cabal that hold a magic secret to being ranked #1 on Google.

I've personally been told to stop fixing a critical bug with the online sales application and address fixing a link on one page on one of our sites so that it didn't include the 'www' in order to boost SEO. Again, not kidding.

Turnover is a big issue and I've seen a directorial position go through 4 people in under a year during my ~1.5 year employment there.

Operational issues aside, management has very old money ideas about company culture. The facade of primary colour painted walls and startup atmosphere erodes when you realize that the chairs only exist so that butts will fill them.

I could go on regarding a wide range of issues but I won't. Simply put, unless you're desperate for money and a job in the jax beach area, your time and career would be better spent elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They're smarter than you and know more about how to do their jobs than you pretend that you do.

Showing 1 of 18 review