Chiropractic Economics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.9
Joseph D. Doyle

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Good Place to Work - Response to review posted"

Pros

The Doyle Group publishes the best magazines and Web sites in their fields ... chiropractic and massage. Most of the employees who work here have been here for at least 5 years, many 10+ years. Everyone who works here is of a very high caliber and seriously good at what they do!
    I have worked for the company almost 20 years, and most of the team I work with have been with the company 4+ years. Salaries are higher than the norm for this area.
    The review posted is obviously a disgruntled employee who should move on if he/she is that unhappy.
    The owner is generous and rewards quality employees with bonuses, raises and other incentives.
    At a time when many publishers are closing their doors, scaling back and letting employees go, The Doyle Group is growing!
    If you want to work in publishing for the best publications in their fields, and you are a skilled, high caliber employee, check out The Doyle Group.

Cons

Publishing is hard work, it often is not just a 9-5 job. You'll need to learn the chiropractic and/or massage professions to be truly successful here.

2. "Great Potential at The Doyle Group. Company is determined to grow"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Doyle Group's work atmosphere is a fast-paced and highly entrepreneurial. There aren't many levels of management, so there's little standing in the way between your good ideas and having them implemented. Very supportive co-workers, management and owner. My experience with DG has helped me grow professionally and has exposed me to many leaders in our industry.

Cons

This isn't a place for clock-watchers or those who are looking to sleep through the day. This is a fast-paced environment where co-workers look for the best from each other.

Advice to Management

Keep recruiting the best talent. I would not give so much weight to the few naysayers in the company. The vast majority of Doyle Group employees are very energized and excited about where the company is headed.

3. "Great company to work for and build future skill sets"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

As a current employee of the Doyle Group I can say I am having a great experience here. I have made lifelong friendships as well as developing a great future and career. Although it is a small company, do not be fooled. You are given the opportunity to take on many tasks and learn new skills to add to your repertoire and career tool box. (unlike working for a large firm and doing the same task day in and day out) I find this refreshing and is also important when moving your career in the right direction. If you are looking to gain knowledge and experience in the sales and marketing industry on a national front, they will help you do just that. Mr. Doyle, the owner and CEO is always open to new ideas and listens to his employees. He wants to make The Doyle group the best place to work and everyone has a voice. Mr. Doyle and the upper management expect quality and productivity, as any great leaders would and reward you for meeting expectations and goals. If you are looking for a place to display your talents in this industry, the Doyle group is an excellent place to do just that and gain a great multi-faceted skill set.

Cons

If you are not one to work well with people in a small office setting and like to take on many roles, go to a big business. This company is one that will find your talent and really put you to work.

"I have enjoyed working here. Surprised at other reviews."

Current Employee - Not Sales
    Current Employee - Not Sales

Pros

I've worked for this company for 9 years and have no plans to leave. I was miffed at some of the negative reviews. I guess this is more of a place to complain than to praise. That said, it is why I'm here on this site—someone who is applying for work said we had negative reviews and I wanted to check it out. I'll give it to you straight:

I've been part of this company's growth for the past 9 years. We have three divisions, two of which are magazines—I work on one of the magazines. Publishing is full of tight, demanding schedules and deadlines. To thrive here, you have to be willing to push hard when it's required and coast a little when you can. It's not for everyone. I personally thrive in situations like this. If you are looking for regularity and a high degree of structure, this may not be for you.

On the other hand, the environment here allows you to grab the reigns and run. If you have a little ambition you will do really well here. I'd take some of the criticisms with a grain of salt. I've worked at other places—some where I got paid a little more—but none where I have learned as much or grown personally. The CEO has been good to me, and I to him. That's how it works.

Cons

Growing Pains: We've had them. As we get bigger (nearly doubled since I started) challenges have come up. The two biggest are finding good people to fill needs and work-space. Next month we move into brand new building.

"Great Place To Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time

Pros

- The best thing about working here is that my ideas are listened to. If you can make a good case for an idea, chances are you will be able to try it.
    - The teams are well-oiled machines, truly experts in their respective areas of the business. It makes it really easy to work with everyone.
    - The office is a fun environment. Obviously everyone works really hard, but everyone understands the importance of having fun along the way.
    - The leadership team does a great job of casting the vision for the business.
    - The compensation is fair and competitive.
    - Overall, I'd recommend Chiropractic Economics to anyone looking to make a good shift in their career to work for a great organization.

Cons

- The culture at Chiropractic Economics is entrepreneurial, which can present many challenges. You need to love the challenge of a fast-paced environment to succeed here.

Advice to Management

- Continue to create excitement by casting the vision and mission of the organization.

"Great Company Culture With Ability To Grow"

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The profile of employees is both dynamic and refreshing. With some employees being there over 15+ years, and employees who are just starting their career, I can honestly say it's a privilege and positive experience working here.
    -Fast paced learning environment allows you to be a true professional.
    -Management is always open to innovation, new ideas, and insights into the future.
    -The business is not afraid to spend money to have the right technology, tools, and training to motivate you to be the best professional possible.

Cons

This company isn't just "a job'. It's a place to really develop your skills and career. The fast paced nature may be overwhelming to some new employees. The business can also pivot very quickly based on market trends, so if you're not comfortable with change, it could hinder your success.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate your employees to innovate and disrupt the market for continued success.

7. "Great culture, family friendly, diverse and professional atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company like this has attracted an amazing group of talented and knowledgeable people for a reason! Employees are treated very fairly by the owners and upper management and they really make you feel part of their team and extended family.

We do have a lot of fun at work and there is room for career growth for a lot of positions. Its diverse business entities pose unique and creative challenges for sales, marketing, creative, and web development. They believe in being open-minded with a sense of humor and using the latest tools to help everyone grow and succeed.

Cons

The commute to PVB for me was often painful at times, but what isn't in this neck of the woods?

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice to give to people who have proven to have built a lasting and successful business. TDG is a real American business success story and as an entrepreneur I admire them for their innovations and ability to not only compete but thrive in multiple market fronts.

8. "Growing Company with a Great Culture and Plenty of Advancement Opportunities"

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at TDG/ChiroEco was a blast. This is a high-growth company that still maintains a start-up feel, even though they’ve been in business for nearly 25 years. While fast-paced, everyone truly looks to help you succeed, regardless of department or seniority. The work hard, play hard culture really brings every employee together, and they truly are a family. Some highlights:

- From Day 1, you're able to contribute and make a significant impact.
    - You’re given the opportunity to advance and take on different roles in a short amount of time
    - Free fruit every Monday, free drinks (2) every Friday, random treats in between!
    - Being surrounded by some of the most intelligent, funny, and caring coworkers from different backgrounds on a daily basis
    - Active participation in local volunteering events
    - Generous PTO Days
    - Awesome beach location

Overall, if you have a positive attitude, fit in with the culture, and have the ability to wear multiple hats, you will succeed here (and you’ll have fun doing it!).

Cons

- Fast-paced work environment is not for everyone
    - The push for growth can stretch employees thin at times
    - Communication structure not always clear between departments (although it has improved)
    - Culture fit is a MUST (which is pretty easy to do with the people here as long as you're a decent person)
    - Minor business growing pains (i.e. increased customer volume per employee)

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees and listening to their concerns. All of them have valuable input to improve and grow the business even more. Maintain the culture you currently have, it really is refreshing.

"Old money struggling to run a modern media company"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Pros

- Free (2) drinks on fridays
    - Met and worked with likeminded, intelligent people

Cons

My first red flag was during my initial interview when my future boss told me they chose their technology by typing 'PHP frameworks' into Google Trends and picking the top result. Not kidding. All I could do was smile and nod, wide-eyed.

This company has a desperate hard-on for SEO and (despite what several informed individuals have been telling upper management since before I got there) sees it as the life and blood of their online sales. Management has no clue how modern internet companies operate and there is nothing more emblematic of that than the overpriced 'consultants' they hire to sell them on the narrative that these consultants are members of a cabal that hold a magic secret to being ranked #1 on Google.

I've personally been told to stop fixing a critical bug with the online sales application and address fixing a link on one page on one of our sites so that it didn't include the 'www' in order to boost SEO. Again, not kidding.

Turnover is a big issue and I've seen a directorial position go through 4 people in under a year during my ~1.5 year employment there.

Operational issues aside, management has very old money ideas about company culture. The facade of primary colour painted walls and startup atmosphere erodes when you realize that the chairs only exist so that butts will fill them.

I could go on regarding a wide range of issues but I won't. Simply put, unless you're desperate for money and a job in the jax beach area, your time and career would be better spent elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They're smarter than you and know more about how to do their jobs than you pretend that you do.

"worst place to work ever!!"

Current Employee - Management in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Management in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are absolutely no pros working for The Doyle Group in Ponte Vedra Beach Florida

Cons

terrible owner Joe Doyle
    poor management
    70 % turnover of employee
    depressing atmosphere
    min wage pay

Advice to Management

run for the hills away from Joe Doyle!!