Chiropractic Economics Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph D. Doyle

1. "Growing Company with a Great Culture and Plenty of Advancement Opportunities"

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at TDG/ChiroEco was a blast. This is a high-growth company that still maintains a start-up feel, even though they’ve been in business for nearly 25 years. While fast-paced, everyone truly looks to help you succeed, regardless of department or seniority. The work hard, play hard culture really brings every employee together, and they truly are a family. Some highlights:

- From Day 1, you're able to contribute and make a significant impact.
    - You’re given the opportunity to advance and take on different roles in a short amount of time
    - Free fruit every Monday, free drinks (2) every Friday, random treats in between!
    - Being surrounded by some of the most intelligent, funny, and caring coworkers from different backgrounds on a daily basis
    - Active participation in local volunteering events
    - Generous PTO Days
    - Awesome beach location

Overall, if you have a positive attitude, fit in with the culture, and have the ability to wear multiple hats, you will succeed here (and you’ll have fun doing it!).

Cons

- Fast-paced work environment is not for everyone
    - The push for growth can stretch employees thin at times
    - Communication structure not always clear between departments (although it has improved)
    - Culture fit is a MUST (which is pretty easy to do with the people here as long as you're a decent person)
    - Minor business growing pains (i.e. increased customer volume per employee)

Advice to Management

Continue investing in your employees and listening to their concerns. All of them have valuable input to improve and grow the business even more. Maintain the culture you currently have, it really is refreshing.

"Old money struggling to run a modern media company"

Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Pros

- Free (2) drinks on fridays
    - Met and worked with likeminded, intelligent people

Cons

My first red flag was during my initial interview when my future boss told me they chose their technology by typing 'PHP frameworks' into Google Trends and picking the top result. Not kidding. All I could do was smile and nod, wide-eyed.

This company has a desperate hard-on for SEO and (despite what several informed individuals have been telling upper management since before I got there) sees it as the life and blood of their online sales. Management has no clue how modern internet companies operate and there is nothing more emblematic of that than the overpriced 'consultants' they hire to sell them on the narrative that these consultants are members of a cabal that hold a magic secret to being ranked #1 on Google.

I've personally been told to stop fixing a critical bug with the online sales application and address fixing a link on one page on one of our sites so that it didn't include the 'www' in order to boost SEO. Again, not kidding.

Turnover is a big issue and I've seen a directorial position go through 4 people in under a year during my ~1.5 year employment there.

Operational issues aside, management has very old money ideas about company culture. The facade of primary colour painted walls and startup atmosphere erodes when you realize that the chairs only exist so that butts will fill them.

I could go on regarding a wide range of issues but I won't. Simply put, unless you're desperate for money and a job in the jax beach area, your time and career would be better spent elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. They're smarter than you and know more about how to do their jobs than you pretend that you do.

3. "Great culture, family friendly, diverse and professional atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A company like this has attracted an amazing group of talented and knowledgeable people for a reason! Employees are treated very fairly by the owners and upper management and they really make you feel part of their team and extended family.

We do have a lot of fun at work and there is room for career growth for a lot of positions. Its diverse business entities pose unique and creative challenges for sales, marketing, creative, and web development. They believe in being open-minded with a sense of humor and using the latest tools to help everyone grow and succeed.

Cons

The commute to PVB for me was often painful at times, but what isn't in this neck of the woods?

Advice to Management

I don't really have any advice to give to people who have proven to have built a lasting and successful business. TDG is a real American business success story and as an entrepreneur I admire them for their innovations and ability to not only compete but thrive in multiple market fronts.

"Not all it appears to be, TDG"

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics (More than a year)

Pros

Reading all the current reviews are very conflicting. I can safely say working here day in and day out is a miserable experience with no pros except a paycheck every two weeks. You should not stay late there is no appreciation for long hours but they make you feel awful if you take a day off (even though you have kids sick and have days saved). You start out as the gem as the new team player and end up the trash that needs to go out at the end of the day in no time. Working here is hard having to put up with extreme negativity of co-workers constantly complaining and unrealistic goals from management you are supposed to push onto the rest of the team.

Cons

Hearing personal drama for the first two hours every morning day in and out. Low pay (bad insurance especially if you have a family) no retirement, long hours, no respect for hard work. Owner's only worry is about his bottom line, acts as if he cares but he really does not unless it benefits his well being. You are constantly reminded it is his money his company. Unfortunately his thoughts and ideas are ludicrous but you just agree they are the best to keep your job. Must obtain unreachable team and individual goals to be considered a valuable team player. YOUR JOB IS ALWAYS BEING THREATENED IF YOU DO NOT MEET THEIR EXPECTATIONS WHICH ARE NOT FEASIBLE TO ACCOMPLISH.

Advice to Management

Step back and really think about no one stays here or wants to work here. Negative and unethical work environment. Need a major overhaul of entire company.

"Great Company Culture With Ability To Grow"

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The profile of employees is both dynamic and refreshing. With some employees being there over 15+ years, and employees who are just starting their career, I can honestly say it's a privilege and positive experience working here.
    -Fast paced learning environment allows you to be a true professional.
    -Management is always open to innovation, new ideas, and insights into the future.
    -The business is not afraid to spend money to have the right technology, tools, and training to motivate you to be the best professional possible.

Cons

This company isn't just "a job'. It's a place to really develop your skills and career. The fast paced nature may be overwhelming to some new employees. The business can also pivot very quickly based on market trends, so if you're not comfortable with change, it could hinder your success.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate your employees to innovate and disrupt the market for continued success.

"Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time

Pros

- The best thing about working here is that my ideas are listened to. If you can make a good case for an idea, chances are you will be able to try it.
    - The teams are well-oiled machines, truly experts in their respective areas of the business. It makes it really easy to work with everyone.
    - The office is a fun environment. Obviously everyone works really hard, but everyone understands the importance of having fun along the way.
    - The leadership team does a great job of casting the vision for the business.
    - The compensation is fair and competitive.
    - Overall, I'd recommend Chiropractic Economics to anyone looking to make a good shift in their career to work for a great organization.

Cons

- The culture at Chiropractic Economics is entrepreneurial, which can present many challenges. You need to love the challenge of a fast-paced environment to succeed here.

Advice to Management

- Continue to create excitement by casting the vision and mission of the organization.

"Bad Place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra, FL

Pros

None, unless you like being treated like a dog. Long hours and no appreciation. Owner has a god complex. Dont do it.

Cons

Everything. You are treated great at first and then like a retarded dog

Advice to Management

quit

"I have enjoyed working here. Surprised at other reviews."

Current Employee - Not Sales
    Current Employee - Not Sales

Pros

I've worked for this company for 9 years and have no plans to leave. I was miffed at some of the negative reviews. I guess this is more of a place to complain than to praise. That said, it is why I'm here on this site—someone who is applying for work said we had negative reviews and I wanted to check it out. I'll give it to you straight:

I've been part of this company's growth for the past 9 years. We have three divisions, two of which are magazines—I work on one of the magazines. Publishing is full of tight, demanding schedules and deadlines. To thrive here, you have to be willing to push hard when it's required and coast a little when you can. It's not for everyone. I personally thrive in situations like this. If you are looking for regularity and a high degree of structure, this may not be for you.

On the other hand, the environment here allows you to grab the reigns and run. If you have a little ambition you will do really well here. I'd take some of the criticisms with a grain of salt. I've worked at other places—some where I got paid a little more—but none where I have learned as much or grown personally. The CEO has been good to me, and I to him. That's how it works.

Cons

Growing Pains: We've had them. As we get bigger (nearly doubled since I started) challenges have come up. The two biggest are finding good people to fill needs and work-space. Next month we move into brand new building.

"One of the worst experiences of my life."

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Chiropractic Economics full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are no pros concerning this job.

Cons

Extremely negative work environment. Save yourself and don't even entertain the thought of working here. All of the information in the other negative reviews is true. I don't think the people who wrote the positive reviews were working at this place.

Advice to Management

They need to rethink their management style and treat their employees with the respect they deserve.

"This place is weird."

I have been working at Chiropractic Economics full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The boss is very clever and motivated to make money.

Cons

A typical day starts out with everyone rolling in around 8:30 except for a handful of sycophants who get here early and the boss who shows up about two hours late every single day (that's not an exaggeration) and when he shows up he might say something sarcastic about how people aren't working hard enough or are being too quiet. Really motivating stuff from a guy who can never make it to the office on time. Then the closed door meetings begin. Dozens of them. It's almost like a fetish here. It's hard to understand why a company this small needs to have so many meetings behind closed doors. Maybe that's part of the reason turnover here is so outrageous. Sometimes you get called into those closed door meetings and put on the spot about why you aren't doing enough. Office doors are always being closed in this place. So much secrecy. It's just a company that sends out two magazines and charges companies a lot to run ads in them. What do you need that many meetings for? In between the closed door meetings people in their cubicles are being kind of nasty to each other because the atmosphere is so oppressive and they're so miserable. It's almost like we forget to be grateful for having jobs and wish we might be treated with respect. It gets really petty here. You're given more to do than you signed up for or your responsibilities or incentives are always being given to someone else. The people who are put in authority positions over the people who actually produce have absolutely no professional training in managing people and only rose to their positions because they stayed later than other people with happier home lives. They've never had a single word published or sold so much as a pencil but there they are telling you how you're doing it wrong. These people hired to manage us are truly awful. The ones who don't want to go home at the end of the day are rewarded with promotions and those who actually like going home to their spouses are looked upon as deadbeats. Then there are the illiterate emails the boss sends around. Another way for him to show you that he doesn't have to follow the rules you have to follow. Like parking his car obnoxiously or pronouncing clients' names wrong or confabulating so much you can't trust what he says. He can do things you can't. It goes on and on and on. But at least they warn you about it up front. They make you listen to a recording of an old time radio play called the Blue Vase. It's about a kid who wants a job and the boss makes him do ridiculous and reckless stuff to prove how dedicated he is - like break laws, damage property, endanger people - just to prove he's worthy to work there. It's such a cult that at Christmas they hand out a trophy to the person who is the most blue vase. People don't understand before they get here. It's weird here. And then someone comes around to ask you to post something positive about the company on glassdoor which you can sort of understand because absolutely nobody would post a positive review about this place unless they were asked to.