Chloe + Isabel Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Chloe + Isabel Los Angeles Reviews

Los Angeles, CA

2.4
Chantel Waterbury

Pros
  • Recruiting is not required; beautiful jewelry designs; wonderful training opportunities; a positive, supportive culture (in 11 reviews)

• Work from home on your own schedule (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • I am not too much of a social butterfly, nor do I frequent social media too often (in 7 reviews)

• It's just another direct sales company - nothing "con" about it (in 6 reviews)

1. "Merchandiser"

Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel (Less than a year)

Pros

It provides you flexibility in terms of hours, the way you want to market and sell it.

Cons

You will need to be a strong self starter and hungry to succeed

Advice to Management

Great job so far, great business model to follow if I ever start a business

"Merchandiser"

Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Chloe + Isabel part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Can create your own schedule

Cons

The jewelry is expensive and not well made. The pieces break or loose their shine, or the gold and silver rub off completely (and quickly) to reveal the copper and brass underneath. Also, they never got my SS# correct and every month they ask me to email a photocopy of my Social Security Card AND my Drivers License to them. Are they crazy! Yes they are!!!

Advice to Management

Figure out a secure way to get people's personal and private information. Don't force all your Merchandisers release their info and become the victims of identity fraud. This is a horrendous business practice!

"It Was OK"

Former Freelancer - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Freelancer - Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Chloe + Isabel (Less than a year)

Pros

-flexible hours
    -training given, if desired
    -quality jewelry
    -lifetime guarantee

Cons

-not worth the $190+ (starter kit + tax + shipping) up front fee because the kit cannot be tailored to your target customers (aside from maybe two of the pieces, none of them were really worth showing. I'm a 28 year old female, living in Los Angeles with very fashion-forward friends and the sterling silver pieces were just not cutting it for my demographic)
    -difficult to achieve the amount to cover the starter fee with only 25% commission within the first couple months, unless you're able to do this full time, or have at LEAST 10-15 hours a week-worth to really work at it (you'll need to make about $800 in sales volume to cover the starter fee)
    -my experience with the customer care representatives and merch support have been disappointing. Either I'm on hold for lengthy amounts of time, or I am disconnected a handful of times. E-mail responses are non-existent. I was also placed in the wrong region with my team leader.
    -returns are slow to be processed. I had to phone in nearly 10 times after almost two weeks had passed with no process since the return had been delivered back to the facility, for them to even begin to issue a request for a refund. Even then, I still needed to wait 10 business days for the refund to reach me.
    -shipping labels were often wrongly assigned to the incorrect carrier, so that tracking the package was misleading.

Advice to Management

I'm sure that perhaps my negative experience may be only a minuscule response to the experiences that others may have had with C+I, but my experiences are nothing short of objective. It's unfortunate that I could not carry on with working for C+I, as I do enjoy their jewelry as a customer. I think just as a merchandiser, it was a responsibility that I did not have enough time for, and found myself needing to spend more money to get better pieces to show friends in order to make sales. After all, while jewelry can easily be purchased online, I feel that people still like to handle it and try it on in person. I think it would already be a huge improvement if the starter kit could be more flexible (such as, you can trade in pieces X amount of times for no charge, or you can customize it in the first place). I also think my team leader could have done more to reach out to me and gave me a better sense of who she was (she asked for my background, but I never heard a response from her after our initial e-mail correspondence). Overall, I felt that I tried my best in the fast track period, with the time that I had, but after the holiday sales were up, it became difficult to continue to urge sales onto friends.