Chobani Reviews

Updated Jun 8, 2020

Chobani Founder & CEO Hamdi Ulukaya
Hamdi Ulukaya
Pros
  • "free yogurt, casual office environment(in 12 reviews)

• "So many learning opportunities if you're driven enough and you get to be part of a company that is producing a truly great product(in 8 reviews)

1. "Retail"

Current Employee - Retail Sales Representative in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, Great career starter

Cons

remote work can be a norm

2. "Generally positive"

Former Employee - Marketing Manager

I worked at Chobani full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mission driven organization. Great product and brand. Attracts talented people. Employees are typically great people and a lot of fun.

Cons

Minimal work-life balance. Leadership incapable of prioritizing and decision-making.

3. COVID-19

"This place has changed my life"

I have been working at Chobani full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked with some of the best people in the consumer goods industry. I've grown and learned so much about myself and what really matters professionally. Family, close nit environment where people genuinely care about each other and constantly give feedback to produce best outcomes. It's real inside .... mission driven organization that makes a difference. Creative approaches to solving business problems. A lot of things to sink your teeth into because of the environment and culture. A place where people can learn, grow, and either stay for more opportunity or bring their experience to new places. I know people who leave and want to come back. Company has model flipped so hourly employees are the heroes. Through COVID pandemic some new things like mental health, virtual visits with leadership and some things we used to see the owner do for the plant are coming back. Overall I'm a stronger person because of Chobani. This place can impact your life in many ways.

Cons

In the past company has had harder time addressing its failures but as the organization has matured there's great progress and because of this recent non-dairy products are winners.

Continue reading
  4. "Better Food for More People"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time for more than a year

Pros

No micromanaging, amazing product, philanthropic CEO

Cons

Hard to think of one

April 23, 2020Community Manager

We love reading reviews like this! Thanks so much for taking time to share your experience with us. We wouldn't be the company we are today without teammates like you.

5. "Chobani"

Current Employee - Filler Operator

I have been working at Chobani full-time

Pros

Gym and Cafeteria are amendities

Cons

Fast paced so you have to keep up

April 23, 2020Community Manager

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying the gym, cafeteria and other amenities available to our teammates. That said, we know we can always improve and we'd love to hear your ideas on how we can do just that. If you have a moment, please send us your thoughts at TalkToUs@Chobani.com.

"Great"

Current Employee - Company Commander in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very fun environment, great atmosphere

Cons

Procedures are off - vague process behind product launch

February 20, 2020Community Manager

Wow, thank you so much for this stellar rating! We love hearing that you're enjoying the open, inclusive & fun workplace environment we've worked so hard to build together. It also sounds like you might have some ideas on how we can improve our processes and procedures. When you have a moment, mind sending some thoughts to TalkToUs@Chobani.com? We'd love to work with you to make Chobani even better.

7. "Independent work to supply ingredients to 5 production lines."

I worked at Chobani full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging to outdo what was expected and being prepared for the next orders. Not under direct supervision.

Cons

Working 12 hour shifts and the bad design of the new building. Wasn't very employee friendly.

April 23, 2020Community Manager

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback - we really appreciate it! We'd love to hear a bit more on how we can make our facilities even more friendly to the team. When you have a chance, please write to us at TalkToUs@Chobani.com so we can learn & grow together.

8. "Great Work For Temporary Hire"

Former Employee - Packaging in Twin Falls, ID

I worked at Chobani full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy to be hired through a temp agency Good pay Easy to get days off if needed Mostly constant work flow Friendly working environment I was a college student looking for work over the summer for a couple months, and it's almost impossible to find work that will want to hire you for that long. Through my temp agency, I was working at Chobani within a week. If you need a job as soon as possible, Chobani is the way to go

Cons

If you are not a morning person, don't do day shift -- starts at 6:30AM Sometimes will over hire and can send people home if there's not enough tasks for the day. It's possible to get at least 40 hours in a week, but not always likely.

January 10, 2020Community Manager

Thanks for this! It's very helpful to read about your experience as we're always looking for ways to improve. If you have specific ideas on ways we could have made your time at Chobani even more meaningful, please don't hesitate to write us at TalkToUs@Chobani.com. Our door is always open.

9. "A wonderful place to work!"

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Chobani full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people, strong culture, community feel. This business runs like a billion-dollar start-up (which it is) and there is palpable energy and excitement around the office. Everyone works hard and is happy to come to work. People are also extremely supportive, kind and inclusive. If leadership sees an issue, they will work night and day across functions to correct it. Although management styles vary between departments, this is a very flat organization, and junior employees are encouraged to bring their ideas and visions to leadership. The culture is spectacular - the founder/CEO and President of the business really set the tone to make Chobani a caring environment that puts people before profits. This is truly a wonderful place to work, and hands down the best company in the CPG industry.

Cons

The benefits package isn't perfect, but it's pretty good!

Continue reading

December 19, 2019Community Manager

We absolutely love to read about experiences like this. Thank you for taking time to share this review with us. We wouldn't be the company we are today without awesome colleagues like you.

10. "Great place to work. Postive atmosphere"

Current Employee - Nova Forklift Driver in Twin Falls, ID

I have been working at Chobani full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great benefits and you get paid weakly

Cons

Sometimes they swith your around to do other things but it is a great opportunity

November 19, 2019Community Manager

Wow, now this is a review we love to see! Thanks so much for sharing a bit about your experience at Chobani. We couldn't be more proud of what we've accomplished together, and it wouldn't be possible without incredible teammates like you.

Found 124 reviews