Choice Hotels Front Desk Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Choice Hotels CEO Patrick Pacious
Patrick Pacious
  1. "Great management"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Leeds, AL

I have been working at Choice Hotels part-time for less than a year

Pros

Management allows you to set your own routine for most part very friendly and clean

Cons

Not enough hours, and other employees tend to know it all

Advice to Management

Please just have one boss rather than 3 or more

Choice Hotels2016-08-01

Choice Hotels Response

August 16, 2016

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your employment experience at one of our franchised hotels. As a franchisor, Choice Hotels International does not own or operate hotels franchised under its brands and the hotel staff are employed by the independent owner of the hotel. ...

2. "Not really worth it"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in Fremont, OH

I have been working at Choice Hotels

Pros

Discount rooms, can use fitness room and pool and experience

Cons

Benefits only applys for full-time associates and managers, No maternity leave, no paid anything and no hoiday pay. Have to have a Doctors note with how long you can take off. No paid vacation or paid sick days. Hours are not flexible. Not worth it if you have a family to provide for, unless you're a higher up.

Advice to Management

benefits should apply to all employees after 90 days.

Choice Hotels2015-12-20
  3. "It was good experience as a college student. I would not recommend it as a career choice."

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in New Paltz, NY

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Getting to work with people and provide excellent customer service.

Cons

Having to deal with an ignorant manager that made working there uncomfortable.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your customers and fellow employees. There suggestions might be really good as a means of benefiting your bottom dollar.

Choice Hotels2015-10-02
  4. "ask around"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Pensacola, FL

I worked at Choice Hotels for more than 8 years

Pros

choice hotels is a great company to work for, just pay attention to its affiliates

Cons

you have to pay attention to your specific employer if you are working for an affiliated hotel. some hotels do abide by the standards set by choice but there are alot of hotel that do what they can to get through the inspections but then do nothing that they are required to do to be a choice hotel.

Advice to Management

do more surprise inspections or secret shopper stays to make sure that the choice name is not being torn down by people who aren't doing what they are supposed to do to use the choice name.

Choice Hotels2015-06-05
  5. "I'm sure depending on which choice hotel, and which private franchise owner you work for, the experience you have varies"

Current Employee - Front Desk Associate in West Lafayette, IN

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can do my personal duties on pc while not active doing work on the job, at the front desk area. Great for going to college, getting paid while doing work and able to do some homework. Hotel group discounts for self, family, this is pretty awesome.

Cons

no insurance at my location poor scheduling at my location, even though i was able to attend school while working here. boring half the time, working weekends, covering others shifts, and sleeping at the hotel to work 2nd then 1st shift while the boss roams around town and does not want to hire the proper amount of employees or schedule properly never wanting to give a real promotion or raise in pay because he is the...

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth or find another way to reward them like time off, better scheduling. Don't be a small business crook, I actually have bills to pay just like everyone else.

Choice Hotels2015-03-08
  6. "Good work experience"

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in South Burlington, VT

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

The management stood by the employees, relatively easy work, good coworkers.

Cons

Weird hours (7am-3pm or 3pm-11pm shifts), little room for advancement, having to deal with crazy visitors. For example, I had occasional visits from police to address problems with the guests, people could be very degrading from time to time, and there were occasional interactions with heavy drug users and other types of crime. But now you know to expect this coming into the job.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Choice Hotels2014-04-05