Choice Hotels Senior Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 6 reviews

3.6
Choice Hotels CEO Patrick Pacious
Patrick Pacious
  1. "A great company to grow with!"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Rockville, MD

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you are willing to learn they are willing to teach you. Very open to new ideas and trying different ways of thinking.

Cons

I see that some employees get stuck in a position and they just need more direction on what areas in the company they need to be looking into to move on and upward.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of the front line team members that work directly with our clients and always remember it is about the relationships. The company does a good job with this and that is why I think it does so well.

Choice Hotels2019-02-21

"Sales is a mess"

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office, good amenities and some really smart people who want to do well.

Cons

Sales is a mess. There have been 5 heads of sales in the past 6 years ranging from ineffectual to raging lunatics. This effects all levels from marketing to distribution to digital.

Advice to Management

Find a head of sales that you can stick with for over a year, the constant turnover is self defeating.

Choice Hotels2019-06-05

"Senior Director"

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Interesting industry. A lot of good people. Those at the director and above level can make a ton of money through stock options - if you aren't getting stock options this place isn't worth it. VP who ran my department never stayed past 5pm so work-life balance is great.

Cons

Layoffs were common and done with no rhyme or reason - company should have a longer-term perspective given the family that controls half its stock isn't sweating quarterly performance. Big-time favoritism in certain departments.

Advice to Management

Get some new blood.

Choice Hotels2018-02-27

"Not Worth It - Age Discrimination"

I worked at Choice Hotels for more than 3 years

Pros

Convenient location, Nice offices, benefits ok

Cons

Management lies to it's employees. The last employee survey was so bad that they did not share the results with employees. I can see that HR has been forced to add 5 star reviews to try and improve recruitment. Don't fall for it.

Advice to Management

Stop ignoring the lack of leadership and bully approach to leadership. Leverage multiple subject matter experts, not just one who tells you what you want to hear. FYI Age discrimination is a real thing.

Choice Hotels2017-11-27

Choice Hotels Response

December 5, 2017

Thank you for submitting your thoughts. We take your feedback seriously and will share your employment experience with leadership. We take discrimination seriously. If it happened to you or you witnessed it, please contact us and provide us details. You can use the confidential and ...

"Great corporate culture"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Corporate culture where new ideas are valued. Leadership makes themselves available. Executives share information.

Cons

Lack of IT resources and length of time to get certain things done. Workload is a lot for one person.

Choice Hotels2016-12-30

Choice Hotels Response

January 25, 2017Social Media Coordinator, Recruiting

Thank you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear you approve of our innovation-focused corporate culture- and we take the rest of your feedback seriously as well. We will share your review with our HR team and leadership.

"Great staff, mediocre management"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Silver Spring, MD

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

General good working environment. Middle management and staff are competent and supportive.

Cons

Very short term focused. Senior management is fixated on maximizing personal income during fairly brief tenure. Little investment in the brands.

Advice to Management

Invest for the long-term health of the brands and maintain a consistent strategy.

Choice Hotels2012-08-31