Choice Hotels "no benefits" Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 639 reviews

3.2
Choice Hotels CEO Patrick Pacious
Patrick Pacious
  1. "Minimum wage and no raise to do front desk and laundry"

Former Employee -  in Fort Wayne, IN

I worked at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Management wanted to do well Choice Hotel brand recognition Sales incentive to recruit new Choice Rewards members Did not have to wear tacky uniforms

Cons

Ownership would frequently overrule management recommendations Minimum wage No raises No benefits Needed repairs and upgrades to hotel put off until last minute Property management system not efficient, and recommendations to improve the software are ignored

Advice to Management

Develop an internship program to recruit strong talent from local universities. This way you can convince performers to work for minimum wage (or less being an internship). Although no performer will stay for too long with minimum wage, at least you can have them locked in for a few months. Or you could convince ownership to pay employees more, but I do not see that happening.

Choice Hotels2012-08-31
  2. "Love it at first, but became embarrassed to admit I even work there"

Former Employee - House Keeping in Duncansville, PA

I worked at Choice Hotels part-time for more than a year

Pros

No pre employment test, relaxing enviorment, really great discounts when staying at other choice hotels. Was nice because while cleaning rooms you could listen to your music player or turn on the tv. No one was hovering over you, you just go in and do your job.

Cons

Poor management, no benefits. bad hours not a good job if you are living on one income, the job itself wasn't so pleasant and the pay you get doesn't reflect the work you do, you have to stay until all your rooms are done so you never know from day to day how long you are going to be there. You may get out by 2pm or you might be there till 8pm you never know, so planning anything outside of work is basically... impossible. Also no matter how hard you work they don't seem to want to give you any advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

After working at the hotel I was employed at I would Never stay at this hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone else. Working there has made me scared to even stay in hotels anymore. When they know what rooms the inspector plans to inspect they run around the hotel telling the housekeepers so they know to take extra time in those rooms perfecting them. I have seen what some housekeepers do or don't do for that... matter and management within the hotel knows and does nothing about it. I loved my job, but toward the end after everything I seen working there I was embarrassed to even admit I was an employee there. My advice is to keep a better watch on the hotels, a good inspection score dosen't nessacarily mean a clean hotel.

Choice Hotels2012-08-03
  3. "A nice little gem that's showing its age."

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Charleston, SC

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The best reason is working for an owner that does not micro-manage. It's located in a great location and guest satisfaction is high on the list. Above average pay.

Cons

Not much support-you will often work alone and are expected to be able to do all necessary tasks, including housekeeping and maintenance no matter how busy you are. There are no benefits, period.

Advice to Management

Benefits.

Choice Hotels2012-08-02
  4. "Job experience working at the Quality Inn, Victoria Texas"

Night Auditor in Victoria, TX

I worked at Choice Hotels

Pros

Family-type atmosphere, easy work, laid back atmosphere, low stress, flexibility, Meet some interesting and friendly people on a daily basis

Cons

Low pay, work schedule was only nights and most weekends, management unprofessional, drama, employees often had benefits cut such as paid vacations, with little or no benefits offered. Schedules would often be altered, changed or cut with little or no notice.

Advice to Management

Remain unprofessional and treat all employees fairly and with respect, keep employees notified of any changes in the company.

Choice Hotels2010-07-13
  5. "Great"

Current Employee - Guest Service Representative in Orillia, ON

I have been working at Choice Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros

Theres opportunity to advance, and lots of support from online to live agents.

Cons

The biggest downfall is no benefits

Choice Hotels2018-12-03