Choice Marketing Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Tampa, FL

I worked at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was a wonderful environment to work in. The people here are supportive and very good teachers. I learned a lot in a short time and feel I grew tremendously as a professional.

Cons

Hours are very long. If you are not willing to work hard and for long hours, I would not recommend this job to you.

"DOOR TO DOOR SALES"

Pros

Fun, energetic team. The coaching and training is thorough. There's opportunity for growth. All of management is very nice. Good experience for your resume if you haven't had a real job yet.

Cons

It's door to door, 100% commission sales. If you don't meet the minimums, you don't get paid. Also, there are daily quotas you have to meet. Hours are long and you are out to fend for yourself once you are assigned a territory. If you are cool with following a script all day and sales pitches, them this could be your cup of tea. There are a LOT of companies like this popping up around the area, don't be fooled.

Advice to Management

Clarify from the get-go that this is 100% commission door to door sales instead of dancing around it.

Choice Marketing Concepts Response

Jul 11, 2016 – Human Resources

We appreciate your positive feedback about our company! However, as is covered with every applicant we do not do door to door residential sales. Our firm works with Staples and their sister company... More

"Account manager"

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are really good at teaching you on how to perfect your lying skills

Cons

Being able to wake up in the morning and knowing that you are about to screw people out of their money

Advice to Management

You can develop a real business, with real values.
    The product you sell is very good, then why lie to the potential custoners, so that the can buy more than what they really need. Shame on you.

Choice Marketing Concepts Response

Jun 21, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback however our company prides itself on our honest and integrity, and at no time condones the practice of deceit towards customers. Perhaps that is why you are no longer with... More

"Account Manager"

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I have enjoyed the most about working with Choice Marketing is how much this job can push you to become better. This is not the easiest job out there, but it can help you develop into a young professional faster than any school. The training and team environment found in this office is excellent, to say the least. Working at a place where people want you to get better every day is well worth the effort in sales. If you have a personal drive to get better, I highly recommend contacting Choice Marketing Concepts for a unique opportunity to control your advancement and greatly improve yourself in a short time.

Cons

This job isn't easy for most at the beginning. You will work a full day, be expected to seek help from others, and eventually apply what you are learning. If that sounds like too much, than I wouldn't waste your time or theirs. Choice Marketing Concepts only real con is that it requires a lot of effort.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard. The recruiting is always strong and your coaching is on point. Everyone in the office looks to you guys for help because we know you can provide it.

"Current account executive at Choice"

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I came into the job I had past sales experience so it was no surprise how they did things there. Although, when I came in for my first and second round interviews I was introduced with positivity/loyalty/honesty/and energy.
    I mention these things because it was what I was missing in my last sales job. We like to help each other out (which is not heard of at other sales companies) and see each other succeed. One of the best parts about Choice is you get to control your own progression (which I love) because in past jobs I feel my hard work was not rewarded with advancement. I've moved up the rankings a bit in the last 2-3 months I've been here and I've watched the office grow tremendously since I got there. It seems We have figured out how to recruit those who want to win, which was the issue in the past. If your a real salesman and want to take your skills to a place you can grow and eventually have your own sales office, choice is the obvious answer for me.

Cons

Sales is tough, only 5% of the population can handle direct marketing and I've seen many succeed but also some not succeed. I'd say the con to this job is that you can't sit back and relax. Technically (and for me) that is a great thing, because I am pushed to my limits everyday and it shows. For many it is a very hard thing to talk to potential customers and turn that into a great relationship and ultimately a sale, so those people don't make it in this business, and that hurts recruiting for Choice. This comes with any sales job though and choice has the right people to help get you through that hump of direct sales.

Advice to Management

My advice is keep doing what your doing. Recruitment has been solid throughout my time there and I've made not only good work relationships but a few very good friends along the way. Keep doing what your doing and we will see many account executives (including me) with their own sales office.

"Fun group"

Current Employee - Corporate Trainer
    Current Employee - Corporate Trainer

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is really inviting and such a fun work environment!

Cons

If you're not looking to grow this probably isn't for you

"Fun Work Environment"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Choice Marketing Concepts (More than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment. Great relationships with staff and management. And weekends are off

Cons

Work very long hours monday through friday

Advice to Management

NA

"Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment and co-workers, a lot of personal development, managers that actually care. This place is a great place to actually want to go to work everyday. I'm glad I took the job, and I love performance based promotions. I can from a job where I worked harder than everyone else but seniority always won.

Cons

Long hours you definitely will work hard in this position they expect a lot from their employees, but your working with people with the similar mindset.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"A Career-Oriented Business That Changed My Life"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company gives you a second chance at your career, and a shot at your wildest dreams. A true entry level opportunity that can be limitlessly rewarding for the right individual. You make it what you want. There is no ceiling on advancement within the company at all. I started as a rep for our current client and was offered an internal role in Human Resources within 4 months. I have worked at the company over 4 years. Everyone makes mistakes, but the company was always willing to work with me and understand my perspective on everything. The knowledge of representing such a trusted and reliable Fortune 500 client is humbling. The people are amazing within the organization, and you can find a treasure trove of inspiration and motivation that you can apply professionally, but even personally, to your life. The development is constant, the atmosphere is of understanding, acceptance, and of equal opportunity, and the model is immensely rewarding for those willing to work hard and who deserve it.

Cons

You determine the timeframe in which you get promoted. For some, this could be seen as a downside because it will require the dedication and focus it takes to succeed at anything in life to achieve. There is no hierarchy of advancement within the company. If you work hard and achieve the requirements, you don't have to wait for anyone to retire from a position to advance. The company is also constantly growing. However, if you are not willing to put in the work and you do not find passion in what you are doing, you will never advance. Again, YOU determine your success. There is no automatic ticket to a high-class lifestyle. This business is like a manual car, in which you have to shift the gears yourself to drive. Sometimes goals are large, and sometimes the work is very hard, but it will always be rewarding to you if you're doing the right things.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, and keep focusing on the future and the vision of the company. Be confident in yourself and remember that what you are doing can touch people beyond simply their careers. Some of our lives now were once only dreams that you all made possible.

10. "I've grown a tremendous amount on how to grow a business because of this position"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Choice Marketing Concepts full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work at your pace where nothing can hold you back. Management and personal growth opportunity , tons of travel and a great work enviroment.

Cons

You have to invest your time. A business takes all the time and attention you're able to give. If you don't work hard others will pass you up and get promoted before you.

Advice to Management

Keep that open door policy so that you can continue getting to know the entire staff , and thank you for not treating the employees like employees, but more so a potential future business partner.