Christian Care Ministry "praying" Reviews | Glassdoor

Christian Care Ministry Employee Reviews about "praying"

Updated Feb 1, 2019

Christian Care Ministry CEO  Scott Reddig (no image)
Scott Reddig
Pros
  • "It's Christian so I will see spontaneous groups praying for each other which is super positive, and people have prayed for me which is awesome(in 7 reviews)

• "I probably loved working at CCM more than any other job in my life(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Due to such rapid growth, employee parking can sometimes be a challenge(in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management are bullies, micro managers and honestly they all cover for each other(in 3 reviews)

Reviews about "praying"

Return to all Reviews

"Doing Life with our Members is Great!"

Current Employee - Contact Center Specialist in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Christian Care Ministry full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at CCM feels like a calling much more than a job. Praying with our Members, Providers and fellow employees has been life changing! Knowing you are participating in a program that affects people's lives...wow, that is satisfying.

Cons

Due to such rapid growth, employee parking can sometimes be a challenge! But I have seen improvement on this recently and know they are still working on long term solutions.

Christian Care Ministry2019-02-01

"Everyone Hates HR"

I have been working at Christian Care Ministry full-time

Pros

Ministry offers Health Insurance (MEC) or participation in Medi-Share, there are possibilities of (small) annual increases each August, a generous 401(k), somewhat flexible schedule, few employees participate in conferences and educational programs (this varies by area and is so unfair), there is a "gym" and free coffee. Notice I did not mention anything religious because aside from the call center praying on the phone with members and having "chapel" once a week, this is NOT a place where you develop spiritually.

Cons

The Human Resources department is as bad as they come. They are rarely available for you and seemingly get upset when you ask for their help. They have signs on the door not to bother them by knocking but to follow all these steps to book a time. They seem to believe this is in order to better help us, but how can you do that when you make it so difficult for us to get in touch and we have to wait forever for you to respond. It also doesn't get better after you've waited for your appointment with them. First and foremost, they ONLY have the ministry's and management's interest in mind, not you or I's, and that is because they are not objective and fair but looking out for their jobs and trying to stay on the executive leadership's good side. My manager is constantly threatening to "write me up" when I disagree or point out her bad behavior and decisions. There is such little trust there and it seems she wants to get me in trouble for the littlest things and HR was always ready to jump to conclusions instead of realizing some of their managers/directors just really suck. What this has led to is incompetent and abusive supervisors getting promoted and HR enables them to mistreat employees. If you are considering a job here, know that just because it has labeled itself a christian ministry that there aren't horrible bosses. HR in this case is hopeless, because they are so busy spewing policies, benefits, and other announcements but spend little time improving culture, removing fear, building trust, and resolving conflict in a way that doesn't yet again, burn the employee. For a Christian ministry, I would think they'd see the human-side of things, but that is not the case. The last few months have been a rollercoaster of being told one thing but the opposite has happened. So, take my experience that this place is dishonest. They don't tell the truth and mishandle sensitive employee situations and information.

Advice to Management

Aside from improving your vacation and sick day policy, you really need to change the leadership there. I would fire all of your directors and only rehire the few that are really competent. It is doing us more harm than good keeping them around. I know that we take a survey each year and nothing is done about those complaints so I doubt anything will change. sad. To the HR team reading this, instead of promoting your 5-star reviews, why not take a good look at your area, take responsibility for your shortcomings, and do a better job of truly loving one another, because by this will everyone know that you are truly his disciples.

Christian Care Ministry2018-08-13

"Compassion, Love, Prayer, Family"

I have been working at Christian Care Ministry full-time

Pros

I enjoy working at CCM. My co-workers are so caring and supportive. Just today, on three different occasions I was either prayed for or able to pray for someone else. That kind of support doesn't happen at other employers. Medi-Share is a program that help so many, to know that I am even a small part in making it happen, is tremendous.

Cons

Parking can be a struggle. We've outgrown the parking lot.

Christian Care Ministry2017-12-22
  4. "Regular Work Time Work Stuff"

Current Employee - Communications Generalist in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Christian Care Ministry full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a nice regular normal place to work filled with regular ol' people doing their thing. It's Christian so I will see spontaneous groups praying for each other which is super positive, and people have prayed for me which is awesome.

Cons

Just like regular ol' places to work there's regular work stuff you have to deal with like any work place ever. Depending on what department you work in, the current growth and changes we're going through can be stressful.

Advice to Management

More muffins please. I really like it when we get muffins.

Christian Care Ministry2017-04-07

"Lack of communication."

Member Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Christian Care Ministry

Pros

I worked at CCM over a year and a half. I enjoyed working with the people, members and most of all the fact that we prayed. This job was very rewarding and allowed me a stepping stone to continue my career elsewhere.

Cons

With out fully communicating the "process", and no warning, judgement placed which fully goes against the "christian values" portrayed.

Advice to Management

Review each situation and do no cast judgement, knowledge is power and with out knowledge of wrong doing that action can not be corrected. Do not be so quick to judge because you will loose good dedicated employees who really portray the love of Christ.

Christian Care Ministry2015-12-09

"Serious Management Issues in Some Areas"

Member Service Representative in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Christian Care Ministry

Pros

Worked there almost 4 years. Excellent campus with clean safe environment. They care about safety and security. Praying with you coworkers is encouraged here. Helpful staff and invest in their employees.

Cons

Worked in call center so can't speak to all areas but the call center management is sub par at best. It is hard to be a team when people come in late, don't show up, take long lunches and the leader does nothing. There is no accountability or deterrents they don't actually manage a call center they coddle 40 people who answer phones. Was miserable to work in that environment with soap opera antics and especially with the fake praise when our stats were horrible. I wanted to succeed but you are doomed to sink.

Advice to Management

Take a hard look at what is happening. Get stern fix the issue. You drive away the good workers when they see incompetent leaders. Every other person their is a manager of some thing or they lead a different area so much useless waste of employee time. Why so many managers if no one ever does any real managing?

Christian Care Ministry2016-01-14
  7. "Great Place to Work"

I worked at Christian Care Ministry

Pros

Very supportive enviroment and great training. Must be a Christian with moral standards. Will be praying with members daily.

Cons

A lot of changes go on in the work place.

Advice to Management

Listen to your member services representative they are the front line for CCM.

Christian Care Ministry2015-10-09